Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

I have 3 stars currently in my tank now....1 sand shifting star, 1 blue linka and 1 red fromia. They are fascinating creatures!~ :) Love the Orange Cushion Stars in AM but too bad they are not reef safe. :pinch:

Really??? Then why are they in their reef tank??? And come to think of it... don't u think their Purple Tang is way too huge for that tank size? Also that giant Blenny, lol.

I am planning to introduce either a Red Fromia or a Blue Linka... which one would u pick? Is there a limit how many stars we can keep in a 3ft reef tank? Coz I don't want them fighting for the same food and starve eventually.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone help me ID this?

post-34-1145754653.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hrmz, if you really like to add a star or 2. I'll choose the red fromia star over the linka anytime....much more active, they are smaller and nicer colouration too! Henry had a few left earlier this week. :)

There was a thread i read sometime back about stars and someone mentioned that Janet mentioned that the orange cushion stars eat zoos? Anyway, there are way too exp for me. The corals in the small tank arent really doing very well now. No longer as nice as when i started out my hobby.

You forgot to mention the giant LONG-NOSE HAWK. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Hrmz, is this post a reply to your question? :unsure:

Oh I missed that part... me bad... so I got myself 3 pest anemone... but they are so pretty to be destroyed... I'm sure u know what I mean, right? Any idea what kinda damage and danger it poses to my other LS?

Thanks for the link... I'll see what I will do next...

Need ideas from you guys! While waiting for my Zoos to spread on the left side of the tank... what do you guys recommend me do to the right side?

Here's roughly how the condition gonna be like:

1. Lower light compared to left side

2. Slightly higher flow

3. About 3" to 4" to glass

No shrooms... coz I just discovered I don't really enjoy shrooms that much.

Prefer something that can sway constantly... or else the whole tank will look like there's no movement.

post-34-1145757069.jpg

Luminious GSPs!~ :)

As in Green Star Polyps? Already got a large colony, but the rockscaping not very suitable for GSP as it is very steep.

Pluck them out and plant them 1 polpy by polyp? Hehe, just kidding. :P How about some clove or xenia corals? Wonder if they need bright lights. Saw some really nice specimens @ Irwana earlier this wk. :)

My current Clove is not doing too well... sorta thinning off... Clove is hard to keep especially at the beginning stage coz once algaes cover their branches... they will not open anymore. As for Xenia, yeah I think they need strong lights... but they are usually beige and tan... quite boring. Is there anything can will fluoresce? Something can comes in enough variety to create a farm or garden.

• SRC Member

My current Clove is not doing too well... sorta thinning off... Clove is hard to keep especially at the beginning stage coz once algaes cover their branches... they will not open anymore. As for Xenia, yeah I think they need strong lights... but they are usually beige and tan... quite boring. Is there anything can will fluoresce? Something can comes in enough variety to create a farm or garden.

Sun CoralS!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: They need low light and medium to strong flow! Perfect for the right side of your tank. :peace:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Sun CoralS!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: They need low light and medium to strong flow! Perfect for the right side of your tank. :peace:

But they are costly and require too much personal touch... furthermore they do not have enough variety. I do not want to have a huge patch of yellow/orange on the right side of my tank... will take too much attention and create imbalance to the visual... and it's very hard to get those frags looks as if they grow out of nature... not like Zoos. They tend to look very "deliberate" and I am aiming for a more natural look. The black Suns are not to my likings too B)

I know... it's hard... full of Ricordia Floridas?

True... what about Frogspawns, Torches and Hammers? Since they will not sting each other... perhaps I can arrange them quite close to each other to create this "wall" of moving tentacles and polyps :lol: Can be quite breathtaking actually :) What u guys think?

• SRC Member
True... what about Frogspawns, Torches and Hammers? Since they will not sting each other... perhaps I can arrange them quite close to each other to create this "wall" of moving tentacles and polyps :lol: Can be quite breathtaking actually :) What u guys think?

I heard that Frogspawns & Torches may sting other coral nearby...

& LS will "saum" except for my family favour creature in the sea; Clown fish. <_<

I heard that Frogspawns & Torches may sting other coral nearby...

& LS will "saum" except for my family favour creature in the sea; Clown fish. <_<

Yes they will sting others... but if I keep them all in one corner... should be ok lah... whether or not stinging fishes... must ask the fish lo... why so silly go and touch the torch, lol. But they are very beautiful especially under actinic... here's an example... now now don't go out and grab one :lol:

post-34-1145761494.jpg

Very nice frogspawns :yeah:

Put a small piece of prawn or your suncoral food onto the tentacle and you can enjoy looking at its feeding style :D

Really??? Em... let me try tonight :rolleyes:

A closer shot showing most of my Zoos open-up :lol:

post-34-1145797403.jpg

The secretive right side of the tank... seldom featured as there isn't much happeningzzz over here... yet :fear:

Can you find Nemo? :fear:

post-34-1145797491.jpg

The sunny left side B) somehow... the tank looks wider than expected for a 3ft... :)

post-34-1145797615.jpg

A section of the front view... the smaller Purple Firefish is still around :yeah::yeah::yeah:

post-34-1145797721.jpg

Haha, decided what to do with the right side already?  :)

Not really... will give myself a few days to decide... actually, the Reefpack may go... so perhaps some scaping after its removal :nc: