Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Hw 2 cultivate Copods/Amphipods? Need to hv it for my mandarin! :(

I am still trying to find live aquapod, wanna dump some in my refugium and let them multiply. Will they? You can try Live Brine Shrimp from LFS, normally $1.50 to $2 a pack. I only feed my tank once with LBS and all my LS love it!!! Just need to find a way to keep the LBS alive longer so that I can slowly feed them throughout the week.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hehe no casulaties this morning!!! (Not that I expect any, actually) <_<

In fact 1 of my Cleaner Shrimp molted!!!

Here's my Tunze DOC Skimmer, finally kicking-in. The clear skimmate is from yesterday... lazy to clear away :pinch:

post-34-1144984284.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hehe my Leopard Wrasse spotted!!! So it's still alive :D

Congrats!~ Try feeding it Live Brine Shrimp!~ Im going out to get abit more later. Maybe get Henry's food too... :)

I heard u guys mention Henry's food... what is it actually? Although ML is a bit out-of-the-way for me, but if his secret recipe is worth the trip... I will make the trip :D

Hi Bro Jervismun,

Nice TANK...... :yeah: .

By the way, how's the SOLITE Type 3 performance so far?.

Bro I heard you bought a similar light right? So far so good... :)

• SRC Member

Wah....... How come u know!!! :D

Its now in my store room :lol: Only fire it up once when they delivered to me, nothing to complaint very nice light set indeed. By the way, its my turn to ask you for help, how you remove the MH bulb???? :( I'm unable to figure out how it was remove.

Wah....... How come u know!!! :D

Its now in my store room :lol: Only fire it up once when they delivered to me, nothing to complaint very nice light set indeed. By the way, its my turn to ask you for help, how you remove the MH bulb???? :( I'm unable to figure out how it was remove.

Oh yeah... someone told me lor... thanking me so u should know who <_<

Removing the bulb is a bit tricky, must use strength. Push to the left (spring very strong), then lift the right side. Be careful not to crush the bulb, lol. Actually not too hard la, just try. :P

Lovely skimmate... :sick: How come it's so green?

post-34-1145022726.jpg

Em... Nitrate is still a little on the high side... I must do something about it ;) Phosphate is also detectable at a low range... so expecting the arrival of algae bloom pretty soon :pinch:

Running both my AM Turboflotor and Tunze DOC now :rolleyes:

Did u juz dose yr tank with Phytoplankton? ;)

Nope... that's why I can't figure out... :nc:

Ok guys... I did something very adhoc just now... added the AM Phosphatfilter (contains Antiphos) to keep the Phosphate level under control. I know it looks horrible... just temporary until I get a new pump and free up some space at the back compartments. I also need to get a 'U' tube.

Any idea how long it takes for Antiphos to kick-in? Current Phosphate level is 0.25... not a lot, but I don't want to wait for a major algae bloom then only do something about it.

post-34-1145027899.jpg

The water flow is directed upwards... so a tiny water feature on the water surface, lol. Will update you guys on my Phosphate level... hopefully will go down to 0 in a few days time :unsure:

post-34-1145028003.jpg

Oh that Phosphatfilter is such an eyesore... gonna fix it Sunday. Buy a new pump and piping tomorrow. My Nitrate is 20, I am quite worried... what can I do while saving up for my Nitratreductor?

u have the most creative way to hook up your phosfilter. yes it is ugly , dun used it lah , sell to mi half price haha.

anyway , u can hang it outside , get an external pump like eheim or aquabee to link it lor .

for mi easier , hook up to my canister . nothing change .

was wondering should i change to rowaphos now or antiphos.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
Oh that Phosphatfilter is such an eyesore... gonna fix it Sunday. Buy a new pump and piping tomorrow. My Nitrate is 20, I am quite worried... what can I do while saving up for my Nitratreductor?

U can try dosing AZNO3 to minimize the NO3 or do regualy chg of water! :)

Hi Brother,

Remember me? The person that shared the LR with you from another reefer.

WOW.... you must have invested a lot to set-up this but looking at it, I guess it is all worth the $$$ and effort.

AK23

Bro Hammy

I know... I'm gonna get it out of the main tank asap. Sell to you at 50%? Err... ok lah, once I use up the Antiphos media, I will sell you the container for 50% off :P (Note: A pack of Antiphos costs $45)

Bro Lyz77

Thanks for the recommendation, will do a bit more reading on AZN03... any known side effect?

Bro AK23

Yes I remember you... start a thread to showcase your tank lah! So secret... I'm sure we all spend a lot in this hobby... some on equipments (like me)... some on jewels and LS (bloody expensive btw)... some making mistakes over and over again :cry: To me, $$$ is for spending... so as long as it gives me pleasure... it's worth spending. Hehe, I know you're a Financial guy, but seeing figures in my bank account doesn't give me much thrill :pinch:

Done! Wow actually the back compartments are quite spacious... can fit more stuff behind ;) Does the white plastic tube looks familiar to any of you? :erm:

I know... still very messy. Will do a major tidy-up after I buy all the equipments under my wish list :rolleyes:

post-34-1145073919.jpg

:nc: Phosphate is still around 0.25 after running AM Phosphatfilter (Antiphos filling) for 1 night... will let it run for 1 more day, will measure again tomorrow morning. According to the Salifert test kit, 0.25 is high enough to retard coral growth ;)

Anyone with experience? Can advice how long it takes to kick-in?

the white tube reminds me of the one i saw at reborn's crazy bekett... haha

Haha... the white tube is from the Water Siphon thingy... too desperate, can't find any suitable tubes... actually this tube is very flexible... can bend without folding (not like the Eheim green tubes). What a discovery :shock: just need to remember to get a replacement or else cannot do water change mid next week :pinch:

Good morning SINGAPORE!!! Now all obedient star polyps... wake up and go vote for me... if I become President... I will reward you all with a "progressive package"... that is daily dosing of Elements and Minerals :evil:

post-34-1145083959.jpg