Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• SRC Member

Thks bro BUNS for the useful tip. I will move the Sun to the right side (the dark side) hehe.

I will still use both MH. The right MH will only "on" during noon sun simulation, maybe for 2 to 3 hours.

when replying pls look at my nick not my avatar,

i'm barnacle not buns :lol:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Bro jervismun, u really invest a lot in equipment over quite a short period of

time.. :lol: Really pei fu pei fu :bow::bow:

I was thinking when will technology in this hobby advance to a stage when we no need to change water that often... really hope that day will come soon...pai seh... :off:

• SRC Member

Hehe... yeah I am the impatient kind... no choice la, running 2 tanks are very stressful and some of the equipments can't share (example Chiller, Reefpack, etc.) So once I transfer over, must do it quickly. But I am very confident lah, been testing water parameters every night.

Will not add additional bioload... just the current one and let is settle for a while. Anyway, I am so broke now... even then, I still have at least 4 to 5 high-end equipments to be added to the system.

I like the 9 women, 1 month concept... hehe.

Yah bro. Cool. Yeah think u better let your tank stablise for a while first. Anyway, your new tank syndrom sets in yet? sure kena one. :D must be ready for it. even me also kena.. so sway... :ph34r:

Bro jervismun, u really invest a lot in equipment over quite a short period of

time.. :lol: Really pei fu pei fu :bow::bow:

I was thinking when will technology in this hobby advance to a stage when we no need to change water that often... really hope that day will come soon...pai seh... :off:

Bro, a very interesting topic to discuss... I do believe that day will come very soon... look at all the gadgets today, compared to 10 years ago... this hobby will only be half as fun without the great technologies behind... I learn so much within the last 2 months, not just nature but how things works... biology + physics + chemistry... remind me so much of my high school days :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Sorry bro Barnacle... ur avatar is just too "sharp" looking... too distracting!!! Would love to see the front version of the avatar, lol. "Sekali" Trans :nuke::nuke::nuke:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro Alien07, no New Tank Syndrome yet... no time for that :P Well, although mine is a new tank setup, basically most of the stuff are from existing tanks. So perhaps that will minimize the chances of such syndrome a little. Furthermore, I have great faith in the equipments I introduced to the system. With more coming... the tank will be more and more stable.

But yes, I will keep an eye for any sign of distress. I am impatient but I am also very committed. It's a good balance I believe :lol:

A closer look at the 1st and 2nd cavern... looking in from the right side... the 1st cave (from the left) is the largest, leading all the way to the back of tank.

The 2nd cave is much narrower but very shallow coz there's a supporting rock at the back. My 2 Cleaner Shrimps alread conquered the 2nd cave.

The LR are not epoxied/glued. However, they are very stable and sturdy as I spent a lot of time fixing them... like playing jigsaw puzzle.

Definitely more improvements to be done... but I will learn along the way... perhaps a new inspiration somewhere down the line...

Now, when I look back at my first scaping attempt :sick: Need to :thanks: all the bros that highlighted to me the need to seriously relook at my first rock formation.

post-34-1144943026.jpg

Well... at least the Sun is opening (after a feeding session using Cyclopeeze) :)

post-34-1144943939.jpg

Switched off the MH... now back to 2 T5... nice nice clam :P

post-34-1144944047.jpg

• SRC Member

Hmm getting better...could not reach you today though...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Last pic of the day... my favourite corner... Alveopora is so so mesmerizing... love it! But love bro Qxnviolet's Green Alveopora more :rolleyes:

post-34-1144944171.jpg

Hmm getting better...could not reach you today though...

:thanks: Sorry bro Melvyn, I was all wet... so decided not to pick up any calls today. You know... when it comes to scaping... everything else is a distraction ;) Can call me tomorrow? Anytime B)

Looking at the Perc90 right now... this is way beyond my wildest dream... although it is still very amateurish looking, it's my pride and joy... once again, I must :thanks: all the bros that stopped me from buying a 2ft tank. I was "this" close to making payment for it... :bow::bow::bow: Not saying 2ft is not good (later "kena" flame) but definitely too small an upgrade from my Nano.

I can sleep soundly tonight... knowing that my beautiful Perc 90 will greet me tomorrow morning :snore::snore::snore:

Where can I get Chaetomorpha? Btw, hw did u manage to train yr mandrian fish to feed on pellet?

:thanks:

I bought the Chaetomorpha from a bro. Check Pasar Malam as I often come across bros selling extra Chaetos.

Em... no particular training method. Probably I chosen a good specimen, coz I bought this from Irwana, was there during feeding time, so I spotted this guy... eating like a pig. But they only take those left behind pellets on the sand bed. But this guy prefers brine and mysis :D

• SRC Member

I bought the Chaetomorpha from a bro. Check Pasar Malam as I often come across bros selling extra Chaetos.

Em... no particular training method. Probably I chosen a good specimen, coz I bought this from Irwana, was there during feeding time, so I spotted this guy... eating like a pig. But they only take those left behind pellets on the sand bed. But this guy prefers brine and mysis :D

Mind hv been with me for ard 1.5 mths and searching high and low everyday for food. Will try feeding with brine and mysis!

:thanks:

Yeah sometimes it's very hard to spot them eating... maybe u wanna look out for their "poo". I just saw mine "pooing", so that can also be an indication that the Mandarin is eating behind your back B)

• SRC Member

great looking tank..

but just a word of advice,

stock slowly...and steadily..

your parameters may seemed right.

but there may be other factors that you have missed and dont know.

(eg. diseases,aggresion,territorial)

My experience: my four footer parameters were perfect, everything was running smoothly..i added 3 livestock per month..soon enough all my prized and expensive fishes died before me.

• SRC Member
This is how the back looks like now... please bear with my clumsy piping work... will do a proper one soon. Converted the left compartment into a refugium, 60% filled with small pieces of LR from my Nano. The remaining 40% for floating Chaetomorpha. Will add a PL light (hanging) on the outside to vertically lit the chamber at night.

The skimmate from the Turboflotor is still very wet. The Tunze DOC is not producing much foam... kick-in cycle.

Where can I buy live Aquapod? Thinking of breeding them in here.

Hw 2 cultivate Copods/Amphipods? Need to hv it for my mandarin! :(

U need some more work on the scaping man....

Other than that.... Great job !!! :eyebrow:

Wah bro... you really a perfectionist... I think I will leave it as it is for the time being... until I'm ready for SPS, then will rescape the top portion. Other than that, I'm happy :D

Yo Jervis ......

Hopefully your alveopora can survive.

I tried to keep it twice ..... but both died after 2 months .....

My Alveopora is about 2 month old now... I bought this tiny frag for my Nano setup... yesterday noticed sump lumps in the skeleton, so I guess it's growing... no sign of "poor health" on this specimen... crossing my fingers as it is one of the most beautiful corals in my tank :D

great looking tank..

but just a word of advice,

stock slowly...and steadily..

your parameters may seemed right.

but there may be other factors that you have missed and dont know.

(eg. diseases,aggresion,territorial)

My experience: my four footer parameters were perfect, everything was running smoothly..i added 3 livestock per month..soon enough all my prized and expensive fishes died before me.

Hi Jem,

Thanks for your advice. But as proven by your 4ft tank, time is not the only essence, 3 LS a month... still die. Yes patience is one factor, but there are so many others incl. luck! lol. I'm always the lucky one... see if this luck will be with me along the way B)

Will still keep to beginners LS for the next couple of months... that will minimize the chances of a disaster.

I will also continue to keep Nano fishes, like seeing tiny fishes swimming in a 3ft... makes the tank looks so huge!!! :)

Agree... diseases, aggression, territory... etc. That's why I always go for very "safe" kind of LS. Those that you can find in almost every tank <_<