Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

FTS at an angle... what u guys think?

FYI lighting effect inspired by bro Qxnviolet :P Will run 1 150W MH (left side) for the time being, I will place the less light dependent corals to the right... love the atinic blue effect. This will slow down the rate of heat build-up in my tank and also, give my eyes some comfort. The MH is very bright!

post-34-1144934402.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even Miss Alveopora looks very healthy... the Atinic really highlights the tip of her tentacles... never seen before in my previous tank.

post-34-1144934651.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Another front view... I have 3 very large caves... with plenty of room on top for SPS (later) :) I really like the caves as they add a lot more dimensions to the scaping... can't afford to have any in my previous Nano... so now back with a vengeance!!!

post-34-1144934874.jpg

The only coral looking not too well... will monitor it further... but they usually open late at night or after I dose in Phyto or Zooplanktons.

post-34-1144935066.jpg

Great looking tank!!~ Carry on the good work!~ :)

Thanks bro for the encouragement... really need morale support right now... so so tired :snore:

Great to see. Where is the Wavebox?

Hi Wrang, I sold the Wavebox. Can't fit both the Reefpack and the Wavebox. So have to let 1 go :cry: Hehe... nothing compared to yours... I will learn along the way...

keep up the good work ;)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

These Cloves were not opening in the Nano for almost a week, thought they were "gone"... but surprisingly they open up quite nicely in Perc90 :)

These are frag from a mother colony (shown in upper left corner)

post-34-1144935488.jpg

Yeah Zoos are in trend here, especially in this Forum... everybody is going :yeah: over Zoos... hahaha. Are Zoos expensive in Sweden?

Great future... well... only time can tell... but I will learn and learn and learn... :heh:

This is how the back looks like now... please bear with my clumsy piping work... will do a proper one soon. Converted the left compartment into a refugium, 60% filled with small pieces of LR from my Nano. The remaining 40% for floating Chaetomorpha. Will add a PL light (hanging) on the outside to vertically lit the chamber at night.

The skimmate from the Turboflotor is still very wet. The Tunze DOC is not producing much foam... kick-in cycle.

Where can I buy live Aquapod? Thinking of breeding them in here.

post-34-1144936230.jpg

Ur rockscrape so much better now! New saltwater of cos open better. Do frequent changes it will stay that way. U got the FR?

Nope. Actually I have bought an Aqua Medic Phosphatfilter, yet to be connected as I need to buy another pump. Will be getting a Denitrator soon as Nitrate is still detectable (in the lower range).

• SRC Member
The only coral looking not too well... will monitor it further... but they usually open late at night or after I dose in Phyto or Zooplanktons.

I dun see any problem with your sunny. in fact it looks

healthy. its normal for suncoral not to open under

bright light especially MH. maybe u can shif it to low light

area and start feeding it during light on. no feeding at nite.

my sun coral use to open 24hrs under t5 :yeah: , but ever since

i upgrde to MH, they open only at nite or during feeding :angry:

Thermometer stucked on the back of euro bracing... hehe so smart... will not block my front view anymore. The fishies thought I am gonna feed them :P Quite well trained. They are all eating already, including my Spotted Mandarin (whom I manage to train to take pellets :huh: )

Set temp (on chiller) to 28ºC. So, the chiller will kick-in at 28.1ºC and stops at 26ºC. Good enough for my LS, I think :)

post-34-1144936886.jpg

I dun see any problem with your sunny. in fact it looks

healthy. its normal for suncoral not to open under

bright light especially MH. maybe u can shif it to low light

area and start feeding it during light on. no feeding at nite.

my sun coral use to open 24hrs under t5 :yeah: , but ever since

i upgrde to MH, they open only at nite or during feeding :angry:

Thks bro BUNS for the useful tip. I will move the Sun to the right side (the dark side) hehe.

I will still use both MH. The right MH will only "on" during noon sun simulation, maybe for 2 to 3 hours.

This is not a new problem... been like this for 2 weeks now... could it be the mysterious "one-branch-will-die-off" death? Will monitor it closely... anything I can do to bring the smaller branch back to health?

post-34-1144937565.jpg

The Aqua Medic Hydrocarbon is too coarse... should've gotten the fine instead of medium... so now can't use lor... so "rough" looking. You can compare with my Grade 1 sand on the right... :( Ok will reserve this bucket for my Kalk reactor. Luckily the AM Kalk Reactor uses the same Hydrocardon as media :nc:

post-34-1144938347.jpg

• SRC Member

Wah bro. noticed that u very impatient hor.. Introduce everything beri fast. Take it slow and steady. U also spend quite a lot on equipments. Pls remember that it takes 1 wonan 9 months to give birth but it doesnt take 9 women 1 mth to give birth. nevertheless, nice tank bro. :)

Wah bro. noticed that u very impatient hor.. Introduce everything beri fast. Take it slow and steady. U also spend quite a lot on equipments. Pls remember that it takes 1 wonan 9 months to give birth but it doesnt take 9 women 1 mth to give birth. nevertheless, nice tank bro. :)

Hehe... yeah I am the impatient kind... no choice la, running 2 tanks are very stressful and some of the equipments can't share (example Chiller, Reefpack, etc.) So once I transfer over, must do it quickly. But I am very confident lah, been testing water parameters every night.

Will not add additional bioload... just the current one and let is settle for a while. Anyway, I am so broke now... even then, I still have at least 4 to 5 high-end equipments to be added to the system.

I like the 9 women, 1 month concept... hehe.

• SRC Member

bro, very very very nice tank... excellent scaping, something i would really love to have... aiyo... soooo nice...!!!!

anyway bro, after this transfer, my recommendation is that let your tank settle for a few months, before carrying on to add stuff...

bro, very very very nice tank... excellent scaping, something i would really love to have... aiyo... soooo nice...!!!!

anyway bro, after this transfer, my recommendation is that let your tank settle for a few months, before carrying on to add stuff...

Looking at my equipment shopping list... I probably need to wait quite long before I can start shopping for LS. Hehe thanks bro, I'm glad you like the scaping... my first attempt was a disaster <_<