2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cleaning the tank ? :)

Yupe... Hammy... u guys installed a webcam in my room? Guys... I am very sad coz I might have to sell off the Tunze Reefpack 500...

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Why ler...

Firstly due to space constraint, the Percula 90 (with the IOS) is actually much narrower than I've expected. Secondly, I am trying to reduce the amount of pumps running in the system. Since I am already running a very powerful Aqua Medic Turboflotor skimmer, there's actually no reason for me to have another skimmer in the tank. Really feel sad... this is the one piece of equipment I never ever thought of selling, although I received a lot of PMs for this item... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Yupe... Hammy... u guys installed a webcam in my room? Guys... I am very sad coz I might have to sell off the Tunze Reefpack 500...

saw ur post to sell RP 500 . thought u are using hand in hand ? whay the sudden decision ?

cant find the camera that i installed right ? :lol:

when u are not around , then i will steal ur RP

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Update!!! Big and Small... :upsidedown:

post-34-1144155683.jpg

Guess what's inside the box?!? :ooh:

post-34-1144155770.jpg

Loads of plastics!!! lol

post-34-1144155922.jpg

Em... this Turboflotor is taller than I've expected... no wonder they have a 'shortie' version... hehe

post-34-1144156013.jpg

finally B)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

... and it fits nicely onto the left compartment... nice :heh: Oh that little plastic tube on the left is a silencer :whistle cool!

post-34-1144156134.jpg

... even the sponge compartment comes with a sliding panel to easily retrieve the filter materials... lots of slideable parts to control water level...

Ok I better get back to the tank. Already filled with 1 big pack of Grade 1 sand. Will let it settle a while, then start pouring in salt already :heh: Oh I'm kinda tired :snore:

post-34-1144156319.jpg

• SRC Member

Wah nice big new tank. Now your nano looks small in comparison.

Even onlookers like me can't wait to see your new tank up,

so can imagine your excitedness.

Have fun in the setting up. Meanwhile keep us posted. :)

aquamedic has this idea of been user friendly. almost every part is detachable for easy cleaning .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wah nice big new tank. Now your nano looks small in comparison.

Even onlookers like me can't wait to see your new tank up,

so can imagine your excitedness.

Have fun in the setting up. Meanwhile keep us posted. :)

Thanks sis... the excitement is over... now it's time to clean up and... oh my back :cry: Yupe will definitely update with lots of pix... do stay tune... I will still find time to visit ur thread, so keep it up sis! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Thanks sis... the excitement is over... now it's time to clean up and... oh my back :cry: Yupe will definitely update with lots of pix... do stay tune... I will still find time to visit ur thread, so keep it up sis! :eyebrow:

The excitement over so fast? No lah, it should be upz the next level -

The anticipation of marine life in your new tank!

All your hard work will be long forgotten once your tank is up.

Great to see.

What size is the light and i cant find some link to the how have made the lights

More picture

I have uppdate my thread to ;)

Hi Wrang... kinda remind u of ur early dayzzz right? :rolleyes: Will PM u the lighting details.

Here's a pix with all MHs and T5s switched on!!! It's blindingly bright B)

Oh yeah... the Wavebox... well I will hide it with some LR or corals... hopefully pink coralline will grow on it overtime :) I've tried various placement and this one seems to be the best in terms of wave current and circulation.

post-34-1144159986.jpg

Since I do not have the 'heart' to sell my beloved ReefPack, I will place it behind the Wavebox. Will have to divert the filter outlet a little... most probably facing upwards to create more surface ripple.

The Wavebox is running at 40% and it's surprisingly quiet... was expecting a lot of noise :pinch: Will increase intensity once there are more resistance inside the tank :heh:

post-34-1144160266.jpg

wow looking great. I told you that i have made one wavebox DIY and here some move on it. The biggest wave i get in this tank was 10cm hight :o

My movie (link) sorry but the text is in Swedish :blink:

Lol mine is more like mini waves...

Already add in Aqua Medic Reef Salt (got 2 packs free) from LFS so... wait and see...

post-34-1144163664.jpg

The overflow combs are also adjustable... :rolleyes:

post-34-1144163767.jpg