SOLITE MH + T5

jervismun

I might be getting this product. Any current user? Need advice

Will get the 3ft with 2 x MH for my new Percula 90 tank.

Metal Hilade with High out put T5 combo

3 ft ; MH 150W x 1 + T5 39W x 2 = $549

3 ft ; MH 150W x 2 + T5 39W x 2 = $649

4 ft ; MH 150W x 2 + T5 54W x 2 = $749

5 ft ; MH 150W x 2 + T5 39W x 2 + 24W x 2 = $849

6 ft ; MH 150W x 3 + T5 39W x 4 = $1099

:thanks:

post-14-1143902605.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hi Bro.,

Me also considering the SOLITE 2X150W MH + T5!............ :lol:

Yeah price wise not too bad. Fit my requirements. I need 2 x 150W (even Aqua Medic lights, double the price only comes with single MH)

U know where to get it right?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Anyone with any real life experience with this product? Wanna know how effective r those fans on top of the casing... looks really cool. Also wanna know if the plastic stand is flimsy or not...

• SRC Member

is this mh reliable. last time i use one plastic mh casing..it cracked..so u better be careful. now change to aqualight liao....

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

is this mh reliable. last time i use one plastic mh casing..it cracked..so u better be careful. now change to aqualight liao....

Em... it says aluminium body, I will go down to LFS to check later anyway... thks bro for sharing ur horrible experience. Will keep that in mind. Can share with us Aqualight? I can still look around for a couple of days.

i am using type 4 . if it is the same body , it is aluminium finish . very stylish .stand is firm and steady and can open up to an angle , enabling reefers to maintain the tank without taking the whole lighting out .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

i am using type 4 . if it is the same body , it is aluminium finish . very stylish .stand is firm and steady and can open up to an angle , enabling reefers to maintain the tank without taking the whole lighting out .

Cool bro... that's all I need to hear... I will go to ur thread and take a close look at ur fixture... guess no complaints from u?

Cool bro... that's all I need to hear... I will go to ur thread and take a close look at ur fixture... guess no complaints from u?

so far so good . cant seem to find my DC . will update asap .

my only complaint is i have no money liao haha :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Saw it at LFS, very nice and slick. Like the design and 3 fans on top. Lovely! Like the external electronic balast too... less heat for water surface :-)

Bought it this afternoon, lol. According to LFS, that was the last piece I bought, 2 x 150W MH 10000ºK + 2 x T5 blue. So if u guys interested, gotto wait for new shipment and no more promotional price. Again... I'm sure u can still find somewhere else.

• SRC Member

henry display tank is using aqualight...the black tang one orh....

scarab also using it..no problem except very hot...AS I am using 3 mh for my 3ft aqualight

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

If u guys interested in the Solite Type 3. Click the link below to my new tank thread. :thanks:

Not hurling stones but something i have experienced.

MH is very hot. The heat generated will sometimes melt the rubber protection of the wires inside. This is especially true for those wires nearer to the ballast. When the rubber melts and the wire has contact with the metal casing, you will experience electric leak. When that happens, you can be sure of a very uncomfortable shock each time you touch the casing for whatever reasons.

As manufacturers tend to build the casing very compact and sleek , it also means that any investigation of the leak source is almost impossibel as everything is cramped in.

The above is only for reference and by no means imply that the occurance is a must.

Such light retrofits are indeed good and easy to use and offer users convenience.

Another alternative is to have those DIY type which is easier to trouble shoot and modify if it is done properly.

Thanks bro for the constructive comments... I will seriously look into any sign of wear and tear especially after 2 to 3 months of running the MH. Regarding electric leak... I think this is a problem with all equipments esp those submerge in the tank... I will get a titanium electric earther soon, yeah better be careful than to be sorry.

I will also look into the heat problem like introducing external ventilation which will be beneficial to my other equipments too.

But I still like the sleekness of it... saw an Atman at LFS before I purchase this Solite, the Atman even cramped 2 magnetic ballasts into the fixture making it super chunky and heavy.

As for DIY... hehe if those ppl is Solite can't do the job... I don't think I can do it too...

Fact: I am a "dummy" when it comes to DIY... that's why I have to rely on branded products instead :look:

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Member

Wow... What is the approx $$ for the 3ft HQI: 1x150W with 2x39W SOLITE MH + T5??

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Wow... What is the approx $$ for the 3ft HQI: 1x150W with 2x39W SOLITE MH + T5??

Oh I didn't know this thread is still alive :P

Bro Reefzzz, I have changed my lightset to a 6 tubes T5 a few months ago... there are lots of reasons for doing so... nevertheless the Solite MH + T5 is still a reasonably priced product that will work well in most circumstances :)

• SRC Member

Oh I didn't know this thread is still alive :P

Bro Reefzzz, I have changed my lightset to a 6 tubes T5 a few months ago... there are lots of reasons for doing so... nevertheless the Solite MH + T5 is still a reasonably priced product that will work well in most circumstances :)

yoz dude jervismun,

i am thinking of getting the 3ft HQI: 1x150W with 2x39W SOLITE MH + T5. probably within the next few weeks if i cannot source for a good pre-own unit to suit my needs... ;)

my new tank just came (3x1.5x1.5)... :D:D ... still in the planning stage to get all equipments i need... due to tight budget, am taking things slowly..

btw, why did you change to T5??

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

btw, why did you change to T5??

Power saving definitely... at that time I was also desperate to lighten the load of my underpowered chiller...

• 4 months later...
can pm me which lfs is selling? :thanks:

for 150W de, is there uv protection?

I'm not sure who else is still carrying it... I bought mine from Aquamarin last year. Yes, there are thick glass panels to protect from UV.

• 2 years later...