24g Nano Mods....

SilverKris

Hi Peeps,

Im very new to this extremely happening hobby! :eyebrow: I recently bought a 24g Nano and would like to ask for yr expertise and valuable advises on the mods dat cld be done to make my nano a more chill-out place for my fishes and corals. Lotsa Thnx!!!! :bow:

:thanks:

Err... I actually suggested he post here... I guess no harm having a thread here coz over here, you can have a long thread documenting the progress (like my long-winded thread) to inspire other new comers.

You can start by attaching some pix bro. Tell us what u intend to keep... r u keeping the hood? This is what the distributor did for me before they deliver to my home. They flipped the 2 fans and cut 2 holes to allow air to be sucked into the tank.

If you go to the DIY section, you will see some amazing mods done to the NC hood :peace:

Welcome!!! :lol:

post-34-1143824460.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

For a start, you may want to consider getting a much more powerful pump. It's a common trend to change the stock pump, so if you are planning to keep corals, u may find the stock pump too mild to achieve good circulation throughout the tank.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Thnx for the initial advice jervismun,

I 'll start of by adding a more powerful pump and a hang on skimmer before proceeding to the other stuffs.

Cheers!!

:upsidedown:

When u buy ur protein skimmer, beware of those Needle Wheel pumps. Although they are much more effective, sometimes can release a lot of micro bubbles into the tank. Check carefully, the best is post in a specific thread for advice. Or perhaps u can put a polyfilter or something between the stock pump compartment and the skimmer outlet to trap some of the micro bubbles. Also, make sure u don't buy a large pump coz the space is very tight, measure properly... my 2 cents.