High Tech All-In-One Fish Tank

jervismun

Hi guys

As you all know... I've been planning for my next tank for 2 weeks now. Still playing with the idea of custom making a 75-100g tank (incl. sump & refugium). On the other hand, there are some very promising products out there that offers all-in-one trouble-free solution. Might not be easily available in Singapore, anyway.

Appreciate you guys can help me with your comments & first-hand experience with these branded tanks.

Agent contact is very much appreciated! :thanks:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Hi guys

As you all know... I've been planning for my next tank for 2 weeks now. Still playing with the idea of custom making a 75-100g tank (incl. sump & refugium). On the other hand, there are some very promising products out there that offers all-in-one trouble-free solution. Might not be easily available in Singapore, anyway.

Appreciate you guys can help me with your comments & first-hand experience with these branded tanks.

Agent contact is very much appreciated! :thanks:

i was wondering is there such a tink as trouble in tis reef keeping hobby?..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

i was wondering is there such a tink as trouble in tis reef keeping hobby?..

Hehe I know where u r coming from... but a lot of times, we encounter problems such as unreliable equipments, incompatibility, space restrictions, silly mistakes and so on... some troubles can even lead to major disaster like "wipe out", "crash" and "Katrina".

So, yes there is such thing as trouble in this hobby no matter how much one enjoys it :lol:

Just making sure I get the right tank this time round as this upgrade is for the next 3 years :) So a bit pressurized by it.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

get a custom made tank, with lots of EXCESS and ACCESS.

Factors in lots of FLOW rate, give it abit of extra height, extra width and also extra length. Maybe can have 2 sump tank instead of one so you can add in 2 sets of equipments. Can be quite costly , but depending on how u "want" this hobby to be.

I intend to get one 6ft tank, hopeful this year, 2 sump tank. then can try out various Needlewheel Side by side. Hns and Deltec to compare... and also the very correct design in the first place can save lots of extra work.

My current tank is a 3ft*3ft*26inch tank. Werid combination rite..with lots of constraints for wiring, and lightings..have to "think out of the box" and allows creative to set in..but ofcoz at a risk..thus also deploying alot of expensive equipments for the wave. 2tunze, 2 maxis (on the way) and one seio with ocr6500.

Get a well design tank, Good Return Pump then get one or two Wavebox can liao..

Overkill is better than under...try not to save and get lots of problem later..

2cents

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Thanks bro for your valuable comments... perhaps you wanna share with us a pix of your current tank... when u upgrading again? lol

Jewel tanks are ok for freshwater usage. For reef aquariums the options of upgrade/modifications are very limited.

Thanks bro... and I totally agree with you :)

• 2 weeks later...
so how your tank coming up...btw sorry no pic as i got no dc..but nothing fantastic..

Bought a Aqua Medic Percula 90 tank with back comparments (like my current NC, lol). I followed ur advice and get a Wavebox... haven't try yet, tank will arrive coming Tuesday.

post-14-1143951598.jpg