Maxstar81's Nano

Maxstar81

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I've removed the bio balls, ceremic rings & carbon.

Right move ??? I've kept the stock pump & lights.

(the lights are white only, not half white & half blue)

The back compartment are pretty bare now.

Any suggestions on what to put behind !?

All suggestions appreciated !!! :D

post-34-1142783161.jpg

Wow that was fast!!! The 2 yellow fishies are very pretty :) Where u bought them from? Show us the moonlight effect la! :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Wow that was fast!!! The 2 yellow fishies are very pretty :) Where u bought them from? Show us the moonlight effect la! :)

The yellow fish are Blackmouth Bicolor Chromis from Reborn.

Was with him when he bought them. ;)

The yellow fish are Blackmouth Bicolor Chromis from Reborn.

Was with him when he bought them. ;)

Must be pretty costly coz they are so pretty... can PM me the price? :thanks:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

if anyone sees the pink nanocube, can help me get it? that is if the pink nanocube is still priced at 30 bucks... pasir ris is too far for me le... i really wanna get one for my girl... think i am gonna keep the current pico for myself... muahahaha...

Very nice moonlight effect indeed... is it powered separately? Is it timer controlled? One problem I find with the 24g NC DX is the main light and moon light LEDs share the same power supply, so cannot put timer to simulate auto day/night. Hope yours can :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

colinsoon,

roadshow dun have anymore NC already.

Sold out in the 1st 2 days from what the

auntie said. :evil:

jervismun,

The 1st post already says it a moonlight DIY ....

Yes its a different plug & can be seperately timed.

My next DIY is to seperate the fan from the stock

lighting. I want the fan turned on 24/7.

Maybe U can do a little DIY yourself to seperate the

moonlight. My NC is old model so is different from yours.

I'm not familiar w/ yours so can't advise.

• SRC Member

Hi Maxstar,

Do you have the intention to change the ballast, starter to electronic ballast and the 6500K tube to 10K tube? I've bought one too but intend to mod it first before using hehe. The T5 8W tube from dama is too big and if can find the 6W tube then can use 4x6W will be good as the size is smaller.

How is the temperature in your tank? Do you put it in the aircon room?

Thanks and nice setup. ;)

• SRC Member

chrisyew,

:thanks:

As per monki's thread, can i know the benefits

to change to a electronic ballast.

I have 6W T4. :evil:

But buy from pasar malam type stall.

No blue tubes either, so dare not do

any mod unless I have a steady supply

like dama.

Temp is 29++.

No aircon. How ???

Put iced bottles in the back compartment ???

(too troublesome) <_<

• SRC Member
chrisyew,

:thanks:

As per monki's thread, can i know the benefits

to change to a electronic ballast.

I have 6W T4. :evil:

But buy from pasar malam type stall.

No blue tubes either, so dare not do

any mod unless I have a steady supply

like dama.

Temp is 29++.

No aircon. How ???

Put iced bottles in the back compartment ???

(too troublesome) <_<

Sorri, got a bit confused as you answering on both haha. Pls forgive the old man.

OK, the normal ballast has a starter. Usually the efficiency is not so good and I think there might be flickering in time to come. So it's better to use a electronic ballast as it won't be as hot too. (Correct me if I'm wrong). You may see the www.nanocustoms.com for all these mod or add on.

Also the standard tube of 6500K may not be good enough and it's better to have it change to 10K tube. Well you see, the tank is onli $30 and the tube is about $20 and the electronic ballast (haven't find the correct size yet) is also about $20 to $30. So add up, it's more expensive than the tank and that's what is holding me back hehe. The fans are ok to suck air out and even if you change to blow in, it's also blowing into the 4 chamber instead of the main tank area.

As it's onli a 12G or smaller tank, I personally don't think it's necessary to fit in a chiller to increase the cost of it. Juz find a cooler place for the tank. I believed that dama light tube should have 6W type but juz that they didn't bring in the stock.

en_b_18_11.jpg

post-34-1142821664.jpg

Sorri, got a bit confused as you answering on both haha. Pls forgive the old man.

OK, the normal ballast has a starter. Usually the efficiency is not so good and I think there might be flickering in time to come. So it's better to use a electronic ballast as it won't be as hot too. (Correct me if I'm wrong). You may see the www.nanocustoms.com for all these mod or add on.

Also the standard tube of 6500K may not be good enough and it's better to have it change to 10K tube. Well you see, the tank is onli $30 and the tube is about $20 and the electronic ballast (haven't find the correct size yet) is also about $20 to $30. So add up, it's more expensive than the tank and that's what is holding me back hehe. The fans are ok to suck air out and even if you change to blow in, it's also blowing into the 4 chamber instead of the main tank area.

As it's onli a 12G or smaller tank, I personally don't think it's necessary to fit in a chiller to increase the cost of it. Juz find a cooler place for the tank. I believed that dama light tube should have 6W type but juz that they didn't bring in the stock.

en_b_18_11.jpg

Bro....

Y not u DIY a Microchiller for yr nano tank...

All items can buy in Sim Lim Tower

jj

• SRC Member
hey bro,

i realise that for this nano, there isn't an overflow, then how would you be solving the problem of the oil/dirt film on surface of water?

There is a kind of surface skimmer plate they sell for $3.50 for this tank or one can juz diy one. The overflow is on the top left side.

Check here;

Nanoskim

nanoonepager.jpg

Go get the original JBJ surface skimmer... I saw it at the Farmway 2 roadshow selling for a couple of dollars only ($5 I think). Comes in a small box.