Monki's Nano Cube

monki

• SRC Member

Ok here is an updated front tank view (7.5.06).

Did some re-scape so in front more spacious.

My star polyp must be stressed by those shrimps.

Shrimps not 30+ but 15+ only. (the rest with Bro Maxstar).

Added some frag of Zoo and Mushroom.

post-34-1147009019.jpg

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes not very colourful but i count myself lucky cos can catch these

white with stripes gobies. Usually its those black ones.

Ok here are my shrimps hard at work at cleaning my star polyp.

Amazing glass shrimps!!! :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Amazing glass shrimps!!! :lol:

When i first introduce them into my tank, my 2 clown

thought they were FOOD (probably thinking super huge

live shrimps)! Keep attacking at them. Luckily those shrimps

run away fast enough.

Oh and got one pregnant shrimp (below), the biggest among all.

post-34-1147009981.jpg

• SRC Member
Whoa ok.. thx for patience in replying.. Heh.. well sounds interesting and good idea for hostel tank. Hmm are u using a skimmer? What i worry is the salt deposition on the top area loh.. Cant stand the mess and I think im allergic to salt haha (eczemas will appear whenever I dip my hand into my tank)

Just nice.. since my tank probably cannot accomodate any gobies :( so the nano would be a superb place for them since they are generally shy <3

You are welcome. :) No i do not use a skimmer hence the

regular water change. Yes i think a nano will be suitable in the

hostel. And maybe you can have a 'goby only' tank. IMO You can

put more than 3. You can buy a mixture of those that will hide in

SB and those that will stay out in open.

And avoid Yellow Goby :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

are those shrimps... like those sold in luo han shops?

Yes I think so... for feeding ;) But since it is own-catched... it's priceless. Would love to start a tank just to house all LS found in the beaches of Singapore :lol:

Emm... these are the ones that live in beaches and swampy areas... but who knows... with care and love... they may start to grow colours and patterns... who knows :P

• SRC Member

Guys, they are glass shrimps. Marine shrimps. :o

These are not FW species. If you keep them long enough,

you will get to see their colour in the later stage. Its more

like dark spots ranging from dark blue to black. The biggest

I've kept is about 1.5 inch. The eggs are good for your little fish.

If small enough, all my fish will eat. Many tend to die from

trying to escape by jumping out of the water. :pinch:

They are hardy and good scavengers. ;)

FOC cleaners IMO. Thats why they are my fav. but lifespan

not very long. Maybe its my water conditions. Shrimps tend

to be the 1st to up lorry when water has prob.

Threw a few into my main tank but don't expect high survival

rate. Everything is pecking at them.... :P

Would love to start a tank just to house all LS found in

the beaches of Singapore

Jervismun,

U wanna start a crab tank? (fish are very dull)

Very nice colours like mangrove crabs, fiddlers and moon can be

found at our shoreline. Refer to my main tank thread front pages

for pics.

Oh i pick this giantic shell 2 weeks ago for my hermit

since it had become fatter and outgrown its current shell.

Now i can easily find my hermit.

:lol::lol::lol: That shell is way too big for the little guy :lol::lol::lol: Well done sis! I still too lazy to find my Hermit a new home <_<

Nice nice nice :) Try to shoot the entire body... I wanna see its "high fin" :lol:

• SRC Member
Nice nice nice :) Try to shoot the entire body... I wanna see its "high fin" :lol:

Haha i dun think that it possible, not even during feeding time. It will just wait for the food to float near it instead of coming to grab it.

But from the above, i can conclude that 'playmate' are very very important!

My high fin used to hide all the time, never leaving its hiding place. Now it actually swim around, 'playing' with beach gobies. I think they made it 'friendlier' and less shy. :yeah:

• SRC Member
I finally found these 2 fellows today. They disappear as soon as i put them in.

Caught them from beach too. Hope they will be super hardworking and clear the sandbed.

These are Mud whelk (Nassarius jacksonianus).

Scavenges looking for dead stuff off the SB.

These are Mud whelk (Nassarius jacksonianus).

Scavenges looking for dead stuff off the SB.

Good stuff!!! I saw some at Paradiz Reef last weekend :)

Nice idea.... but then they will start telling you... our shipment from Sulawesi one hor... not Singapore or Bintan :lol::lol::lol: But you can always try sell it to fellow reefers. If beneficial, I need 5 to 10 pieces :lol:

• SRC Member
Nice idea.... but then they will start telling you... our shipment from Sulawesi one hor... not Singapore or Bintan :lol::lol::lol: But you can always try sell it to fellow reefers. If beneficial, I need 5 to 10 pieces :lol:

Wowwowm you are up early...anything left at T95 when you left yesterday? Heard theres a recent shipment of maximas and corceas...wonder if they'll been cleared out.

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~