• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
ya using PL tube rite?

your nano in air con room?

how are u able to achieve that temp w/o chiller

Yah using only one blue & white PL tube.

No my nano not in air-con room.

Probably because i dun on the lights 24/7. Plus i have 2 fans always blowing.

• SRC Member
Do you find the 2 fans not powerful enough??

Yes. Not powerful enough to further lower temp when PL light is on.

But enough on the water evaporation rate.

I used to turn one fan blowing outwards like yours but had since change back.

• SRC Member

My anemone had died. Luckily caught it before it started to melt or else...can't imagine the damage it will cause. No surprise it cant survive, since it is all squash up behind the LR.

My poor clowns have no home now....but i am so not going to get another.

My anemone had died. Luckily caught it before it started to melt or else...can't imagine the damage it will cause. No surprise it cant survive, since it is all squash up behind the LR.

My poor clowns have no home now....but i am so not going to get another.

It's not a must to get the clown a home... so yes, with the small volume of water, ur tank can't possibly survive a nuclear meltdown :nuke: On the bright side... u can go LFS shopping again :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
It's not a must to get the clown a home... so yes, with the small volume of water, ur tank can't possibly survive a nuclear meltdown :nuke: On the bright side... u can go LFS shopping again :lol:

So yesterday u go 'chiong' LFS with other Bros. Any interesting LS left? Got Zoo?

Actually wanted to go Iwarna last night. I can't go LFSing anytime soon. Must studeee but look at me now....SRC-surfing instead :P

So yesterday u go 'chiong' LFS with other Bros. Any interesting LS left? Got Zoo?

Actually wanted to go Iwarna last night. I can't go LFSing anytime soon. Must studeee but look at me now....SRC-surfing instead :P

It's so rare to see a Sis so passionate about reefing... keep it up SIS!!! Irwana have some Zoos (not opened last night), but only few pieces... got a feeling they are not from Tonga... Batam maybe ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

So what r u gonna add in next? Rare Zoos? IMO Zoos spread too fast for ur tank... maybe a bit more Suns since Suns are not dependent on lighting... and they are so so striking!!! Go ahead and do it ahead of the guys... a SUN CUBE!!! :evil:

• SRC Member
So what r u gonna add in next? Rare Zoos? IMO Zoos spread too fast for ur tank... maybe a bit more Suns since Suns are not dependent on lighting... and they are so so striking!!! Go ahead and do it ahead of the guys... a SUN CUBE!!! :evil:

ahhhhh sun cube

:P

• SRC Member

Haha, i dun think i am up for the challege of sun. That can leave to Bro Colinsoon or Hondaker. :whistle

I want put another small frag of zoo and fan worm. The rest i see what LFS have to offer. Anyway my tank so small, i must consider carefully the space constrain and bioload.

• SRC Member
if your anemone melts... i think everythin inside will melt together too...

Bro godzillaliu88,

Yah, anemone is a ticking bomb. You were just asking the other day why it is at the back, now its dead.

I had heard enough scary / smelly story about anemone from other reefers to know their damage.

Bro godzillaliu88,

Yah, anemone is a ticking bomb. You were just asking the other day why it is at the back, now its dead.

I had heard enough scary / smelly story about anemone from other reefers to know their damage.

Don't scare me lah :shock: I have 2 in my tank right now :look:

• SRC Member
Bro godzillaliu88,

Don't scare me lah :shock: I have 2 in my tank right now :look:

I know it's risky to keep time bombs... but the idea of them coexist together is too strong an attraction... I still enjoy watching my Maroons playing with their Anemone very much... so :wub:

• SRC Member

Ok to all kind Bros who previously advise me on what to feed my yellow goby who simply refuse to eat. The yellow goby had up lorry. I believe it died of hunger, the corpse of the fish is so skinny that i can see it bones. That bad. I tried feeding it cylop (courtesy of Bro Elune) but to no avail. Sigh...

Sad to hear that... but don't be discouraged... things happen and there isn't much you can do when it comes to hunger strike :( Sometimes they stay alive... sometimes they "up lorry"... but we reefers always get something new to replace em the next day ;)

• SRC Member

oH geez, sad to hear of its demise.

This is the case for most yellow clown gobies - starved to death despite attempts to feed it. Guess it all depends on luck for that individual fish.

it takes both sides to do their part - the owner to feed, and the fish to eat. in ur case, its the fish that refuses to eat.

You have done ur part, so u dun have to feel so bad.

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• SRC Member

well sis...

my experience with them tells me, if they dun eat anything, they wun survive that long.. think its juz not eating enuff.. cos they are really slow eaters, needa feel a bit by a bit, over like 10 min, to make sure they get enuff to eat. i am quite lazy, so i flood my pico (which has 1) with daphnia, it will happily eat away... i had 1 in my pico, and 1 in the bigger tank, the one in the bigger tank got eaten by my stupid mantis, and the other one died suddenly, no idea why also...

Emm... looking at my LS... u guys think a pair of Yellow Goby will stand a chance? :unsure:

• SRC Member
Emm... looking at my LS... u guys think a pair of Yellow Goby will stand a chance? :unsure:

Yes, sure try it. Make yours a sucessful story. But as per Bro colinsoon, feed them daphnia cos with brine/mysis, they will take ages to eat or not eat (like mine). All the best! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

not being a wet blanket, you got a BT in the tank, and BT is like a vaccum cleaner. at least mine is. i throw half a cube in, together with my BT, the daphnia wil be vaccummed up in 2 min flat, by the chromis and clowns. my yellow clown had only like 4 mouths of daphnia before everythig is gone. i had to feed it separately, meaning throw brine in one corner for everyone, then daphnia for the yellow clown at the other corner. it worked, and it was growing sooo fat, until the stupid mantis... haiz....

anyway its seriously a lot of patience, though small and cheap, and very pretty, the amount of loving care you gotta put in is tremendous to be able to feed it successfully.. it was quite tiring for me too...

• SRC Member

not being a wet blanket, you got a BT in the tank, and BT is like a vaccum cleaner. at least mine is. i throw half a cube in, together with my BT, the daphnia wil be vaccummed up in 2 min flat, by the chromis and clowns. my yellow clown had only like 4 mouths of daphnia before everythig is gone. i had to feed it separately, meaning throw brine in one corner for everyone, then daphnia for the yellow clown at the other corner. it worked, and it was growing sooo fat, until the stupid mantis... haiz....

anyway its seriously a lot of patience, though small and cheap, and very pretty, the amount of loving care you gotta put in is tremendous to be able to feed it successfully.. it was quite tiring for me too...