Monki's Nano Cube

monki

I know... give away all ur other fishes and start a Yellow Goby tank!!! Maybe can throw in 10!!! :lol: Shouldn't have feeding problem since they all eat so slow... :blink:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I know... give away all ur other fishes and start a Yellow Goby tank!!! Maybe can throw in 10!!! :lol: Shouldn't have feeding problem since they all eat so slow... :blink:

Bro Jervismun,

I suppose you referring to my tank hor. The problem with my previous goby is it refuse to eat, not eat too slow. I 'machiam' put food in front of its mouth but it refuse to open. Sometimes it wont even move away, just stare blankly. At one time, I even tot it is blind. :pinch:

I had enough with yellow goby. :nuke: Also i had a high fin goby, but till now i had not seen its full body yet. I only know its hiding place and can see its head from there.

These 2 kind of gobies are not making me like gobies much, but what to do my tank so small only can afford to put gobies.

Any Bros can recommend me what other fishes / gobies i can have in my tank? Gobies that eat and do not hide will be good. Last resort, i will go beach catch gobies. Those are good. :lol:

Actually Mandarin is nice... I know... blah blah blah... but I bought mine from Irwana, I was there around 6.30pm... feeding time for them and they were feeding Mysis. When I saw my Mandarin eating Mysis, I quickly catch it!!! Mandarin will be a very nice fish for your tank... not costly also... just need to find one that eats well... mine even eat pellets nowadays :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

I was really heart broken when I could train my mandarin to feed on frozen.

Died.... as a result.

Really looking forward to the day where my tank can sustain a mated pair.

Monki,

Don't get discouraged. Gobies are 1 of the nicest fishes.

They are suitable for small tanks.

They are colourful & peaceful.

They love to sit on the SB, LR or in the case of yellow gobies - SPS.

Some can stick on the glass like sucker fish.

(those from the beach especially)

They can share burrows with piston shrimps. (aren't they unique)

Some like signal gobies can help clean SB too.

Well, if you wanna give other types of fish a try,

I suggest cardinals loh. U like those mangrove

cardinals but not in season recently leh.

They school and are pretty small which is ideal for

your NC.

Mandarin likes to eat Pot hor, my tanks' Pot is getting so fat.

Yes... it's even better if you can find those that is already feeding on brine shrimp or mysis... that will almost ensure its survival. Since you can't add much LS... why not look around (islandwide) for a perfect specimen? :D All the best to you :)

• SRC Member
Monki,

Don't get discouraged. Gobies are 1 of the nicest fishes.

They are suitable for small tanks.

They are colourful & peaceful.

They love to sit on the SB, LR or in the case of yellow gobies - SPS.

Some can stick on the glass like sucker fish.

(those from the beach especially)

They can share burrows with piston shrimps. (aren't they unique)

Some like signal gobies can help clean SB too.

Well, if you wanna give other types of fish a try,

I suggest cardinals loh. U like those mangrove

cardinals but not in season recently leh.

They school and are pretty small which is ideal for

your NC.

Hey Bro Maxstar,

Tomorrow low tide at 1 pm (0.9m), wanna go Beach catch cardinals / gobies / shrimps? My tank is so empty now.

Wow! This is gonna be so exciting... too bad I can't join u guys ;)

• SRC Member

Yes... it's even better if you can find those that is already feeding on brine shrimp or mysis... that will almost ensure its survival. Since you can't add much LS... why not look around (islandwide) for a perfect specimen? :D All the best to you :)

Look around islandwide? Cannot lah, i don't have car, only my two 'kar'. So far havent been to a lot of the lfs. From memory, only Pasir Ris Farmway, Reborn, PR, ML & Jiereh.

Didnt even go AM before as it is out of the way for me. Many Bros frequent there and i heard nice service.

• SRC Member
Hi Sis,

U still have problem placing pix under your signature! U check my last PM?

Yes i receive your last PM. As you can see below, they said the link is no longer there. Thanks for your help anyway, i will try to upload them again thru another website. :)

• SRC Member
Very nice tank.. heh may I know if the maintaining is hard? like changing the filters etc? DOes it get all salty and such undernearth the cover? ^_^ Can keep gobies <3

Thanks for your nice comment. Whoa so many questions at one go. Ok....

1) Maintaining is not hard, just needs discipline i would say. Cause i do not use any other equipment so i must do regular water change (about 15%) once a week to maintain water condition.

2) As for filter, i would wash those sponge when i do water change.

3) For the cover, yes salt and water vapour do get deposited there. Just wipe them away lor when u cant stand the mess.

4) Yes can keep gobies. In fact SRC Bros recommend i keep gobies for my 12g nanocube since i can't keep others due to their size and space constraint. 3 to 4 ok i think, depending if you have other fishes. Just take note of bioload.

Whoa ok.. thx for patience in replying.. Heh.. well sounds interesting and good idea for hostel tank. Hmm are u using a skimmer? What i worry is the salt deposition on the top area loh.. Cant stand the mess and I think im allergic to salt haha (eczemas will appear whenever I dip my hand into my tank)

Just nice.. since my tank probably cannot accomodate any gobies :( so the nano would be a superb place for them since they are generally shy <3

• SRC Member

Heh heh. 1 of the 3 gobies in my nanocube. Must tax

a bit mah since i bring U go. Now my nano also have

goby liao. Took the smallest of the 3 so don't say i bully

her ah. :lol: After photo taking cannot find liao. :P

Good weather.

post-34-1146996174.jpg

• SRC Member
Heh heh. 1 of the 3 gobies in my nanocube. Must tax

a bit mah since i bring U go. Now my nano also have

goby liao. Took the smallest of the 3 so don't say i bully

her ah. :lol:  After photo taking cannot find liao.  :P

Good weather.

Is there red slime and green algae in your tank? What happen?

Not very colourful... but very meaningful!!! How often you get to catch something for freei in Singapore :lol: Want to see your 30+ shrimps too!!!

• SRC Member
Not very colourful... but very meaningful!!! How often you get to catch something for freei in Singapore :lol: Want to see your 30+ shrimps too!!!

Yes not very colourful but i count myself lucky cos can catch these

white with stripes gobies. Usually its those black ones.

Ok here are my shrimps hard at work at cleaning my star polyp.

post-34-1147008583.jpg