New Bie on board, pls advise!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hrmz, come to think of it, do i still need to use a water conditioner if i use bottled distilled water?  :unsure:

Test your bottled water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and other metal elements. I'm sure the amount of those in bottled water are far less than those found in tap water (which I am using, lol). If elements found then a reduced amount of conditioner might help... just my inexperienced 2 cents.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hrmz, i think a conditioner will only help in removing traces of chlorine. Do not think they'll remove those metal elements.... :)

Hehe my bad... KM Ammonia Detox removes ammonia, chlorine and chloramine. Seachem Prime removes chlorine, chlorimine, ammonia and detoxifies nitrite and nitrate. I came across a product that can removes harmful metal elements... let me check for the name of the product.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

That would be a great product, im too poor to use a RO/DI unit for my water so have to rely on a good water conditioner.... :)

Polyfilter claims to be able to removes toxic heavy metal such as copper and iron especially after medication that is metal based.

Polyfilter claims to be able to removes toxic heavy metal such as copper and iron especially after medication that is metal based.

Hey Bro Jervismun,

U mention eariler that Polyfilter can remove all those metal elements in the water. Do u mean tap water. and what is apolyfilter? is it a hardware and where to obtain it ? <_<

• SRC Member
Hi Bros,

Is there any bro out there knows how to remove a sea cucumber that suck on the glass wall of the tank.

pls share ur experience. <_<

For sea cucumber sticking itself on the glass wall, do not pluck it up.

Instead, push / slide the sea cucumber sideways. It should come off easily.

Use swift action, dun play tug-of-war with it, or u'll stress it alot.

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

Hey Bro Jervismun,

U mention eariler that Polyfilter can remove all those metal elements in the water. Do u mean tap water. and what is apolyfilter? is it a hardware and where to obtain it ? <_<

Yupe that's what they claim and I've been using them to condition my tap water (while salt mixing) together with KM conditioner. Polyfilter is a relatively expensive piece of white sponge. Cost around $14 for a piece. Ask LFS, most of them have stock.