Newbie's tank pls comment

cyder_15

• SRC Member

Yes, the positioning of the clam is not very ideal (IMO). I think clams look best when position slightly upright with the larger "mouth" at the bottom. When I introduced my first clam, I position the big mouth on top "terbalik" :upsidedown: luckily a bro spotted my pix.

You notice the colours are not as nice looking through our tank glass? If you want damn "power" photo shoot, off the filters and shoot from above the tank :rolleyes:

Ah, alrighty heh will do some changes later. :)

Yeah thats something i realised the images are always blurred. will try taking some pictures later with the filters switched off haha.

Gonna go do some coral shopping today. Maybe get some zoos and yumas to fill up the left side. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wah stay low for 2 months and suddenly come back with a BANG!!! Love your Hammers... r they the long or tentacle type? I got 1 long and 2 short :)

... wait... something happened to your clam?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Another thing... not much coralline growing... what's your calcium lvl? Perhaps other more experienced bros can help advise on how to cultivate more coralline algae :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Wah stay low for 2 months and suddenly come back with a BANG!!! Love your Hammers... r they the long or tentacle type? I got 1 long and 2 short :)

... wait... something happened to your clam?

Hey jervis,

Yeah been busy working thats why dont have time to update. Finally got hold of a digi cam to take some pictures. Been following your thread though :)

Erm, 1 is long 2 are short. There are actually 3 different sets of hammers there, think you can make them out right? heh

Oh i shifted my clam and i think it has already lodged itself into that position, so when i shifted it, there was this reisistance then after a few days the clam jsut wasted off.. didnt know what happened also man.. sad.. :(

Erm, 1 is long 2 are short. There are actually 3 different sets of hammers there, think you can make them out right? heh

Oh i shifted my clam and i think it has already lodged itself into that position, so when i shifted it, there was this reisistance then after a few days the clam jsut wasted off.. didnt know what happened also man.. sad.. :(

Yeah I can tell the 3 colonies... somewhat similar to mine... you are not trying to recreate my tank are you?!? :lol::lol::lol:

Oh what a waste... yes that's the problem with clams that doesn't come with a small base rock... mine was also stuck on my LR for the longest time... what I did was... I moved it (sorta stretch it) for a few times (whenever my hand is inside the tank)... then the last attempt I just pulled it slightly harder... mine survived :whistle

• SRC Member
Another thing... not much coralline growing... what's your calcium lvl? Perhaps other more experienced bros can help advise on how to cultivate more coralline algae :)

Heh, think firstly i dont have a CR thats why its a little more difficult. Secondly i did a freshwater dip on my live rocks, that must have killed quite a bit of the coralline algae which its why its taking longer to cultivate. Also, been rather busy so never really dose.. I can see little specks of coralline on the rocks already though.. so will look more into dosing right now :)

• SRC Member

Yeah I can tell the 3 colonies... somewhat similar to mine... you are not trying to recreate my tank are you?!? :lol::lol::lol:

Oh what a waste... yes that's the problem with clams that doesn't come with a small base rock... mine was also stuck on my LR for the longest time... what I did was... I moved it (sorta stretch it) for a few times (whenever my hand is inside the tank)... then the last attempt I just pulled it slightly harder... mine survived :whistle

heh, not really lah.. i sorta got the idea from the 10 feet tank at bio ocean, cause kenny was telling me about putting colonies of lps together to get the effect, especially hammers.. :)

ooh.. you lucky fella.. guess i was just unlucky lah the poor clam didnt survive, besides i got it from a reefer who had it for more than a yr.. so its sad lah. Oh well.

Heh, think firstly i dont have a CR thats why its a little more difficult. Secondly i did a freshwater dip on my live rocks, that must have killed quite a bit of the coralline algae which its why its taking longer to cultivate. Also, been rather busy so never really dose.. I can see little specks of coralline on the rocks already though.. so will look more into dosing right now :)

Hehe you don't need a CR to grow coralline... for me, I'm using a simple Kalkwasser dispenser connected to the top-up pump. But still need to add Calcium Hydroxide (powder) into the dispenser every week. Nah dun worry... I was just being picky... as long as your corals are growing fine...

Oh nice night shot :)

• SRC Member

Hehe you don't need a CR to grow coralline... for me, I'm using a simple Kalkwasser dispenser connected to the top-up pump. But still need to add Calcium Hydroxide (powder) into the dispenser every week. Nah dun worry... I was just being picky... as long as your corals are growing fine...

Oh nice night shot :)

Yeah but its really easier with a CR.. heard reviews about how coralline grows like crazy with a CR from henry.

Yeah the idea i guess is to keep your calcium levels stable, then coralline will grow like crazy.. The problem with me is haha i dont do testings at all even though i have test kits. Too lazy lah. :P

• SRC Member

hv u guys tried purple-up by carib-sea? supposed to make coralline grow like crazy in the tank... personally hv not tried it but think some bros already did

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
hv u guys tried purple-up by carib-sea? supposed to make coralline grow like crazy in the tank... personally hv not tried it but think some bros already did

Hey dazza,

No man, is it any good? i wouldnt mind trying it if the results are good man haha

• SRC Member

i read some reviews supposed to be pretty gd... i m gonna try it with my new tank...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Saw ur tank yesterday day when i went with bro colin. Amazing. Love the maroon clown and the hammers. Happy reefing :)

Hey bro, thanks for finding time to even locate my thread. Appreciate it man.

Thanks for the compliments :)

Cheers!

Any updatez bro?

• SRC Member
Any updatez bro?

Nope bro, dont have my digi with me man.

Anyway, i bought a piece of prata, clam and an elegance that past week! :)

hope my elegance survives man. haha

Will post pics as soon as i can get my hands on a cam.

My Elegance failed after 1+ week :( That was 2 months ago :o