Jervis' Nano Cube

jervismun

DT oyster egg is good... Not sure whether now still have anot... lol...

I have phyto and GP in my mixed food... So I no need to feed them seperately... lol..

Bro can you be more specific what u feed? Like full name and brand so that I can look for it too... no point having nice corals, quality water... and in the end they die of hunger, lol.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new Six Line... and please don't tell me the fish is just kissing the Blue Sea Fan :cry2:

It's a very pretty fish, curiously moving in and out of tiny caves... a nice fish.

post-34-1142510176.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro Terryz Rhodactis... opening slowly, currently about the size of a 20 cents coin. Will the surrounding algae affest it?

post-34-1142510275.jpg

Hehe... very nice :) I think the Leather enjoys my MH very much! It looks like a very healthy specimen. Bought it at a Pasir Ris Farm 2 this afternoon.

post-34-1142510410.jpg

Another intro to take care of the sand bed... I like the way it hovers above the sand bed like a helicopter, lol. Once introduced, it began sifting the sand already :D

post-34-1142517400.jpg

Updated layout :) Centre front portion.

post-34-1142517614.jpg

Bro can you be more specific what u feed? Like full name and brand so that I can look for it too... no point having nice corals, quality water... and in the end they die of hunger, lol.

Okaie... I mix my own frozen food for the fishes, i also added aquaz phytoplankton, aquaz golden pearl in to it... So the coral will be fed too...

You can try these golden pearl too if you have not...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

I would not worry about the rhodactis, but the seafan and cloves... If these brown algae grow over the seafan and the cloves, they will be affected... As in they will not be able to open...

Oh yeah I notice there are some algae growing very near to the cloves... even up their tube. I will have to relook/focus on my water quality asap as I don't think the cleaning crews can remove the algaes from the clove tubes.

Actually, I notice the algae bloom is not as bad as last week. It's under control now... just a bit here and there.

Will update you guys on this...

Revealing the side view of my tank... for the first time... the Sunburst Anthia is still not eating (at least not in front of me) but its tummy doesn't look empty to me... perhaps it manages to find some natural food source within the reef.

I really hope it will survive as it is a true beauty... although a very shy one.

post-34-1142597655.jpg

This Frogspawn is now my personal favourite... it opens up so beautifully, giving me much needed encouragement and motivation... at least I know it is settling fine :rolleyes:

post-34-1142597883.jpg

Oh, i bought the Aquaz phytoplanton....how much do you dose that and how frequent? Looks pretty potent to me.... :lol:

Yes it is very potent. Just a tiny bit (about 1/15 of a teaspoon) will do. Mix with your tank water... I also bought Argent Cyclop-eeze from AM just now... my Chromis love it so much! It smells very tasty to me, yum yum! It's very fine (red colour like chilli powder) so my corals can benefit from it too.

What colour are your hammers? Looks real small and cute....im in love with them.... :lol:

My Hammer is brownish in colour with a bit of green at the tip. It is still not opening fully coz it falls off the LR all the time. The branch is quite hard to position and my hermit and snails must have bulldozed over it all the time. Will post a picture when it fully opens.

I have that too...smells tasty? :huh: You must be real hungry when u were smelling it.... :lol: Just kidding, dun get offended yah? Btw, do you off your skimmer and filter when you dose?

Yes I off my protein skimmer, my filter and my stock pump. Just the wave maker remains... good enough to circulate the tiny food/pellets round and round the tank for every coral! I will switch back on everything around 10 minutes later.

• SRC Member

My Hammer is brownish in colour with a bit of green at the tip. It is still not opening fully coz it falls off the LR all the time. The branch is quite hard to position and my hermit and snails must have bulldozed over it all the time. Will post a picture when it fully opens.

Thats the very reason i got rid of my turbos and hermits. :pinch: I still got 2 electric blue hermits in my tank, want them? :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Yeah! Dowry at last! This is a small specimen. Hopefully it will be the leader of my cleaning gang... the gang is already working very hard 24/7 but a new leader will motivate them to consume more and more algae!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=330

post-34-1142598824.jpg

Thats the very reason i got rid of my turbos and hermits. :pinch: I still got 2 electric blue hermits in my tank, want them? :lol:

How big is your specimen? Here's a picture of my humpty-dumpty fell off the cliff! :lol:

post-34-1142598895.jpg

LOl....hrmz, the shells are about close to 1 inch long.

It's not too big actually... but I don't think I should introduce anymore bulldozer... I might be the next person to offer Hermit FOC, lol.

Lol....haha, other than having the bad habit of knowcking stuff over, hermits are actually very fascinating creatures. Any signs of lost coralline in your tank? My wife think the hermits stripped of some of my coralline algae. :unsure:

I do notice a bit, but it can be a lot of other causes... but I do notice my coralline growing to new areas, so I guess it's ok.