Jervis' Nano Cube

jervismun

The Cloves finally opened up fully... beautiful. Unfortunately I do not have any atinic blue, or else "lagi best"!

post-34-1141913120.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the mushroom is at its best (after keeping for 5 days now)... I'm sure my water condition is alright. But I will still monitor it closely, did some tests a while ago.

post-34-1141913263.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I had one tiny little mushrooms roughly the size of a last finger tip, hitchhike on the LRs since the day i bought. Go thru cycling and 1 day of 32 degree water condition and still surviving. Amazing tough coral, not to worry too much abt it since then.

I had one tiny little mushrooms roughly the size of a last finger tip, hitchhike on the LRs since the day i bought. Go thru cycling and 1 day of 32 degree water condition and still surviving. Amazing tough coral, not to worry too much abt it since then.

Yeah newbie's corals are usually quite hardy. But try not to fry your LS with 32ºC water, lol. Luckily I got my chiller on time, there was once my tempt rose to 32ºC with the MH on for a few hours.

Btw, my mushrooms are kinda big... at least 4" in diameter. Like it very much although the colouring is very common and boring. Will this type of mushroom spread fast?

I'm still getting a lot of tiny bubbles (top portion of the tank).

According to Tunze, there are 2 possibilities... 1) Water level too low (can't be the case with the Osmolator) 2) Too much photosynthesis (by algae) happening in the tank, causing an imbalance.

Emm... what does your experience tells you? Pls share with me your views :thanks:

YEah!!! I finally got rid of the tiny bubbles!!! It's the ReefPack 500 filter, I am supposed to fill the filter container with water (full) before inserting into the ReefPack. Hehe... my bad, I hate reading manuals :snore:

New coral... Alveopora Coral (Branched)

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...d=390&N=0\

This photo was taken 4 hours after introduction to the tank. I guess it will take longer time to fully bloom. Will update you guys... just now at the LFS, it looks cream colour... I hope it will turn cream soon, coz I like the colour.

Thanks bro Terryz for correcting me.

post-34-1141917170.jpg

Edited by jervismun

Bro... You sure it is a cup coral... Look like a alvepora to me...

Thanks! Luckily you corrected me, this coral requires low water flow. So I already relocated it near the bottom of the reef, slightly covered and low current.

hi jervismun,

i can feel yr passion in the hobby! haa

anyway, just to share, my purchase of clove polyps have never failed to come with nudibranch pests. They hide in dead/half dead clove polyps and multiply at an amazing rate. You may like to monitor yrs closely yeah?

and, dipping them in concentrated iodine separately helps.

keep posting...

hi jervismun,

i can feel yr passion in the hobby! haa

anyway, just to share, my purchase of clove polyps have never failed to come with nudibranch pests. They hide in dead/half dead clove polyps and multiply at an amazing rate. You may like to monitor yrs closely yeah?

and, dipping them in concentrated iodine separately helps.

keep posting...

Thanks bro, I will monitor it closely... how does a nudibranch looks like? You have pix to share? Hehe, yeah very passionate about reefing.

i dun have any pics on them but u shld see them soon when the polyps aren't opening anymore... :P

No I can't find anything colourful among the coral... I shall monitor further. Thanks guys for your help!

I will do a full-scale water testing tonight. Please bro, need you to help me identify what's lacking in terms of water quality in my tank (refer to my signature) and appreciate solutions too :P

Will drop by AM after work later, so do I need to start testing other parameters like magnesium and blah blah blah? Let me know... I take this hobby very seriously and my LS well-being is my top most priority. I am aiming for "no-fatality" within the first 3 months.

Introducing...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...m?pcatid=52&N=0

She is extremely beautiful!

post-34-1141992404.jpg

... and the beast!!! He is so ugly... but contributes greatly to my tank. Can you spot his eyes?

post-34-1141992588.jpg

Did some minor rock works today, allocating more space for small frags. Appreciate your comments :thanks:

post-34-1141993022.jpg

bro, there is far too much micro bubble in ur tank. its affecting the beauty of this tank. Have to solve this problem or will affect ur viewing pleasure.

It's better already. I took those photos right after I service the filters. Thanks for your concern :D

What do you think of my tank?

I will do a full-scale water testing tonight. Please bro, need you to help me identify what's lacking in terms of water quality in my tank (refer to my signature) and appreciate solutions too :P

Will drop by AM after work later, so do I need to start testing other parameters like magnesium and blah blah blah? Let me know... I take this hobby very seriously and my LS well-being is my top most priority. I am aiming for "no-fatality" within the first 3 months.

Checked all my parameters... very consistent indeed. It's nice to know that the LS I added these few days have yet to affect the water quality. There are even improvements on the KH and Alkalinity level. Perhaps the $$$ spent on equipments are well worth it. :P But again, it's too early to tell :pinch:

Delivered today... my corals are gonna love me so much!!! Gonna dose in a short while, I will off the protein skimmer for an hour or so. Hopefully the corals will show significant improvements... I have yet to see their true colours <_<

post-34-1142000186.jpg

Wow the Zoos are spreading so quickly... it's almost touching its neighbour. To avoid conflict, I've moved the Alveopora Coral to a safer location.

post-34-1142001279.jpg

A new coral... can someone help me ID it for sure? I can't really determine which species, there are a couple similar looking ones in my books. The photo was taken after 3 hours of introduction... expect all the flowers to open fully tomorrow. :D

post-34-1142001457.jpg