Jervis' Nano Cube

jervismun

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sea fan

Just Sea Fan? Ok, I will update my list of LS... :thanks:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The corals look much happier after the elements dosing... even the mushroom is at its biggest! :yeah:

post-34-1142009293.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Nice Sunburst, Is it eating? Better to get it eating soon if not, they are normally too shy to feed when just added....

Ok I will force-feed it... just kidding. Yeah I will pay extra attention on it. How long can a LS survive without eating normally?

I bought this from AM the other day and I have yet to fix it coz I am still looking for a suitable air pump and I can't find the pack of 7g Artemia Salt that was suppose to come with the product... someone must have stolen it.

Are Artemias (sea monkey) a good food source for fishes and corals? That is the reason why I dare to consider Sunburst in the first place... I know they need constant feeding.

Anyone with experience with this little gadget? I believe it will work coz Aqua Medic is a reliable brand... so can't wait to see tiny sea monkeys swimming around in my tank.

post-34-1142045295.jpg

Here's a pix of my tank in moonlight mode. The single LED bulb provided by the Tunze Multicontroller 7095. Suppose to simulate the different phases of moonlight... err... can't tell the diff leh?!? There are so much more to learn and I am just barely scratching the surface :)

post-34-1142045680.jpg

i haven seen my purple queen anthias eat any single thing before, first 1 died in 10 days, the second and third 2 weeks, my remaining one with me for bout 1.5 months already...

I'm sure the remaining one is eating behind your back... perhaps they will only eat at night, so we can't see... em... tricky little fishies but they are true beauties :P

• SRC Member

I'm sure the remaining one is eating behind your back... perhaps they will only eat at night, so we can't see... em... tricky little fishies but they are true beauties :P

Mine died of slowly one by one.....all 5 dead within the period of 2 months. I've never seen thm feed before too....ZzZZz. SO unlike teh blue-eyes...started feeding the 1st day. PQ are one of the hardest anthias to keep in my opinion...

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

yup... live aquaria and a few more other sites term the PQs as the hardest fishes to keep. absolutely no no except to the most experienced...

Let us all avoid Purple Queen Anthias unless we are ready for it. It's nice to share crucial messages like this, coz a lot of people will find it hard to resist the temptation of getting one (or a couple). Readers please be informed. :angel:

New discovery!!! This inverted pyramid shape thingy came out of the Turtleweed. It landed on a LR and sorta sits nicely there. Do you think this thingy will turn into a new colony? Will it affect my corals? There are still a few of these pyramids attached to the tip of the Turtleweed, should I remove them all?

post-34-1142085273.jpg

After much considerations, I've split the 2 main branches of the Blue Sea Fan and place the smaller frag to the lower right corner (nearer to the wave maker). Hopefully this location will offer the fan better survival. Can't help with the lighting though as I can't find a spot with low light. Will feed it once I get hold of phytoplanktons.

post-34-1142092201.jpg

Cleaning crew in action!!! This is the result of 2 days of full light duration (12 hours) - 12.30pm to 12.30am. I need to get more snails or maybe a nice star fish that will consume algaes on glass... now can anyone help me identify a star fish that does that?

post-34-1142092346.jpg

The Fathead Sunburst Anthia is still very shy, don't think it is eating yet. Will give it another 2 to 3 days before I start to worry. The other 3 Chromis are already eating occasionally :yeah:

• SRC Member

Hrmz, if you are not going to quarrantine new arrivals, maybe you can leave them in a betta box to ensure they feed before releasing them into the main tank. At least you won't have to flood the tank with food to see if they eat.... :) I got 1 today too.....now in my QT.

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Hrmz, if you are not going to quarrantine new arrivals, maybe you can leave them in a betta box to ensure they feed before releasing them into the main tank. At least you won't have to flood the tank with food to see if they eat.... :) I got 1 today too.....now in my QT.

Yupe, that is another newbie mistake I made... I am planning a quarantine tank (using my old 5g FW tank) now. It will be up and running in 2 days time. Will try to spread some bacteria over too.

Ok I will force-feed it... just kidding. Yeah I will pay extra attention on it. How long can a LS survive without eating normally?

That really depend on the LS and your tank... If you tank have a big pod population, the non-feeding fish might feel on them and that will help you to get it to feed on frozen...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

I bought this from AM the other day and I have yet to fix it coz I am still looking for a suitable air pump and I can't find the pack of 7g Artemia Salt that was suppose to come with the product... someone must have stolen it.

Are Artemias (sea monkey) a good food source for fishes and corals? That is the reason why I dare to consider Sunburst in the first place... I know they need constant feeding.

Anyone with experience with this little gadget? I believe it will work coz Aqua Medic is a reliable brand... so can't wait to see tiny sea monkeys swimming around in my tank.

Brine shrimp is not too good for fishes if it is the basic diet...

They dun provide enough nutrients for the fishes...

Try to feed other food with the brine shrimp...

It is good to get new comer to feed, rather than let them starve and give them time to get feeding on frozen/pellet...

Member of:

After much considerations, I've split the 2 main branches of the Blue Sea Fan and place the smaller frag to the lower right corner (nearer to the wave maker). Hopefully this location will offer the fan better survival. Can't help with the lighting though as I can't find a spot with low light. Will feed it once I get hold of phytoplanktons.

Bro, if you decide to let go one of them, can let me know.. Interested in them...

Member of:

Bro, if you decide to let go one of them, can let me know.. Interested in them...

Hehe, I am about to post it at the Pasar Malam section actually... PMed you.

SOS :sick:

Something is looking really wrong with my shrooms... is it melting? The rest seems healthy. This shot was taken 45 mins I off my lights.

post-34-1142100884.jpg