Jervis' Nano Cube

jervismun

Looks like an acan.

Do you have a full name for the ACAN? Can you identify the mushrooms? They are kinda brownish looking with a bit of green.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New kids on the block... looking great near to my wave maker :D

post-34-1141819712.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I bought 2 betta breeding cases and squeeze my Cheatomorpha into them. I place them on the left side of my tank, getting sufficient amount of lighting above. This is definitely more manageable in the long run.

post-34-1141819905.jpg

• SRC Member

Will be interesting to see your next tank...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Waving Hand (Blue) aka Glove.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=694

This photo was taken a few minutes after its introduction into the tank, so all the polyps are actually closed.

post-34-1141820570.jpg

Colony Polyps (Orange)

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=681

These guys open up quite fast... they must have love my MH, lol.

post-34-1141820698.jpg

And my Chromis sure loves it... mushrooms on the right.

post-34-1141820776.jpg

Always believe in the power of knowledge... bought from Reefdepot.

post-34-1141821066.jpg

Nice :D

post-34-1141826511.jpg

My latest tank layout. What u guys think? My water parameters are quite good actually... perhaps I'm lucky B)

post-34-1141826728.jpg

Will be interesting to see your next tank...

I've been thinking about my new tank day and night now... but I just can't abandon this nano :cry2:

I'll give this nano a duration of 6 months, if I am ready to move forward by then (no crashes), then I will custom design/build a unique tank. That is if everything goes smoothly...

I really wanna try add an anemone into the tank and a maroon clown. You think it will survive in there? Thinking of adding early so it can move around and find a nice spot since I have space for it now. What do you guys think?

• SRC Member

Did tunze send you a gold membership card or something like that?

lol no offense, but real cool equipments you have there

water parameters? with those equipment around, think if the parameters screwed up, you can proceed to screw tunze up as well :lol:

nice idea to put the chaetos inside betta boxes, but won't that affect the asethic view of the tank?

i am tagging this thread, cause like my own tank, no sump!

Did tunze send you a gold membership card or something like that?

lol no offense, but real cool equipments you have there

water parameters? with those equipment around, think if the parameters screwed up, you can proceed to screw tunze up as well :lol:

nice idea to put the chaetos inside betta boxes, but won't that affect the asethic view of the tank?

i am tagging this thread, cause like my own tank, no sump!

No gold membership card... em... perhaps I should demand for one! Cool equipments... thanks... well that's the result of a gadget person indulging himself too much into this hobby.

Yeah those betta boxes only costs $2.50 each. Fits perfectly, a bit worry about water movement inside the boxes though, read Chaetomorpha needs relatively good water flow. We'll see...

Spoilt my aesthetics? The moment my NC go topless... and the introduction of the new equipments... I am already taking that route where practicality over aesthetics. I would love to move them to a refugium, but it's gonna cost me too much trouble.

Please do stay tune... and feel free to give your comments :thanks:

• SRC Member

I've been thinking about my new tank day and night now... but I just can't abandon this nano :cry2:

I'll give this nano a duration of 6 months, if I am ready to move forward by then (no crashes), then I will custom design/build a unique tank. That is if everything goes smoothly...

I really wanna try add an anemone into the tank and a maroon clown. You think it will survive in there? Thinking of adding early so it can move around and find a nice spot since I have space for it now. What do you guys think?

Hang on for the anemone and clown fish for the time being.

If you can successfully keep an nano tank, a larger tank will be much easier to manage...go on, get the biggest you would like. Currently your tank looks cramp with the boxes behind the rockworks.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Hang on for the anemone and clown fish for the time being.

If you can successfully keep an nano tank, a larger tank will be much easier to manage...go on, get the biggest you would like. Currently your tank looks cramp with the boxes behind the rockworks.

Not for the time being, Melvyn. It's quite hard for me to get this NC into the house, so I think it's better for me to wait for a while (let things settle down) before introducing a much larger tank. My next one will be quite sizeable I think, but on the other hand, I really like the small scale of a nano, it's more personal... keeps the visual very focus.

And yes, I will not get the anemone and clown first.

Waving Hand (Blue) 50% opened. It takes quite long for all polyps to open. I already read that this specimen is actually not easy to keep. Needs good lighting, good water flow and quality water with rich trace elements. I will make sure I can have all 3 asap so that I don't have to see decaying corals in my tank :blink:

post-34-1141832049.jpg

And see what I've done to the drop-outs, lol. Nice huh? Is the sandbed a suitable substrate for these polyps? I buried it slightly.

post-34-1141832174.jpg

I'm still getting a lot of tiny bubbles (top portion of the tank).

According to Tunze, there are 2 possibilities... 1) Water level too low (can't be the case with the Osmolator) 2) Too much photosynthesis (by algae) happening in the tank, causing an imbalance.

Emm... what does your experience tells you? Pls share with me your views :thanks:

Photo of the week!!! Isn't it amazing? You can see the Chromis open its mouth big-big somemore... lol :yeah:

post-34-1141903948.jpg

when they grow big, they dont really clean le. for my case, i go get a cleaner wrasse in the end.

When they grow big, I can introduce another smaller one :)

I heard cleaner wrasse always ends up dead in captivity... and I don't think they are suitable for a nano tank as there will be no big fish for them to clean.

Yeah those betta boxes only costs $2.50 each. Fits perfectly, a bit worry about water movement inside the boxes though, read Chaetomorpha needs relatively good water flow. We'll see...:

If u put those chaetoes in the betta box then dun need to think abt flow already. I just to have some floating plant during FW time in betta box and it rot away as water flow in the betta box is equal 0. the water only enter thru the bottom of the box, so the top part will start to rot away.

If u put those chaetoes in the betta box then dun need to think abt flow already. I just to have some floating plant during FW time in betta box and it rot away as water flow in the betta box is equal 0. the water only enter thru the bottom of the box, so the top part will start to rot away.

I will monitor them closely... will remove them once I spotted any sign of rotting. Guys... u think I should get a sump + refugium? I am still considering...

personally i feel, just stay wat u have at this moment, until u decide its ready to upgrade to a bigger tank. This hobby is like a blackhole, u will never stop spending and upgrading unless u give up this beautiful hobby.

personally i feel, just stay wat u have at this moment, until u decide its ready to upgrade to a bigger tank. This hobby is like a blackhole, u will never stop spending and upgrading unless u give up this beautiful hobby.

True... and come to think of it... all those trouble for some Chaetos? lol

My tank can probably do without them anyway.