my friend . . Si buay Too Lan

t&t3ft

Sigh ..... now got nothing to do .. decided to post on behalf of a frd who is si buay too lan ... LOL .....

my friend always wanted to get an octopus ...

Contacted one of the popular LFS for reservations ...

And thinking will get the rest of the equipments blah blah blah .. once the octopus is in ..

( get the NSW , euipments , rocks , light . tank .. all at one )

Well ... it went on fine , call up / visit them , before CNY 2006 , make a few trip down ...

and well they did bring in the Oct .. but then sell to someone else ... when my frd reserved it ... nevermind he thought .. not a big deal , just wait a little longer won't die ..

he visited them again ... ( he has been regular to the shop ) just to check things out as many of us will do , sometimes just walk into LFS to see see loook look ....

Then casually ask the owner of the shop .. " has the Oct come in ? "

without look at my frd , 1 of the owner say """ MAYBE I NEED TO GO SUPERMARKET BUY SOTONG FOR HIM ! "

Well ... i think this is a case of bad service ,

Firstly, did not make an effort to call up the person who reserve the oct when it is in.

Secondly , should not make such a remark for the customer who always patronise the shop...

Well my friend is really too lan ... and feel insulted ...

Enough said ... Thanks for reading ...

• SRC Member

The very sensitive question - which lfs or lfm? :lol:

Anyway, no need to answer the question, sometimes a lot of communication problems lead to misunderstanding.

Live and let live...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

haha plenty of lfs in sg ... so dont get upset lah, just bring yr biz esewhere ... like melvyn said, maybe miscommunication... or maybe the remark was meant as a joke as ur frd is regular there.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

LoL...like Dazza said, maybe hes kidding with your friend as hes a regular...trying to build up customer rapport in the wrong way? :unsure: Btw, i think theres something wrong in :

"my friend always wanted to get an octopus ...

And thinking will get the rest of the equipments blah blah blah .. once the octopus is in ..

( get the NSW , euipments , rocks , light . tank .. all at one ) "

Erm, advice your friend to set up the tank before the LS comes in....otheriwse he'll just end up with a dead octo....opps, abit out of topic...anyway, bring your business elsewhere! :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member
LoL...like Dazza said, maybe hes kidding with your friend as hes a regular...trying to build up customer rapport in the wrong way? :unsure: Btw, i think theres something wrong in :

Erm, advice your friend to set up the tank before the LS comes in....otheriwse he'll just end up with a dead octo....opps, abit out of topic...anyway, bring your business elsewhere! :)

agree...

• SRC Member

anyway I thought sotong was cuttlefish?? can't even get his LS names correctly..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

Very likely. Definitely know which shop you're talking abt.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

even so ur fren did tell the owner to reserve the octopus..but did he put any deposit or wad?...

stand in the LFS views...if the octopus arrived at the shop..n ur fren din come n take it..later the fella die den the LFS lost $$ la?...

no offence..jus solely my opinion..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

even so ur fren did tell the owner to reserve the octopus..but did he put any deposit or wad?...

stand in the LFS views...if the octopus arrived at the shop..n ur fren din come n take it..later the fella die den the LFS lost $$ la?...

no offence..jus solely my opinion..

they don;t even bother to call my frd from what i know , because he went down a couple of time , leaving his number .

the next thing he know when he call is " oh !! the Oct came in , but sold away liao .. "

:)

to all .. i will not reveal the shop name .. i think its not a good thing to do ... but those of you who guessed can PM me your guess ... I would like to know how many customer kena like this also ....

BTW , now that my frd decided to boycott this shop means i also cannot go liao ... hahahaha :lol:

• SRC Member

they don;t even bother to call my frd from what i know , because he went down a couple of time , leaving his number .

the next thing he know when he call is " oh !! the Oct came in , but sold away liao .. "

:)

alrite..who noes that the guy who bought the octo also ask the LFS to reserve it?....

n i do strongly think that ur title of the topic is way too off..instead..there are much more appropriate phrases to use...

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member
Hi bro ...

hmm .. in that case the LFS should order more ?

1 person reserve 1

1 person reserve 3

total order 4 ?

hahaha ... maybe they did , maybe no stock . maybe just sold to whoever offers more ?

maybe maybe .. hahaha ...

oh..u tink the ocean belongs to us??...we want 5 means hav 5 la....

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

oh..u tink the ocean belongs to us??...we want 5 means hav 5 la....

hello Bro ...

Right ...we cannot demand like you say 5 means 5 ..

and anyway this is not to discuss how many they should get or whatever ...

The main point of this post is to highlight:

The owner should at least have the basic coutesy to tell my friend in a nice way ... that the Oct is not available right ... !

• SRC Member

yes...although my dad owns a lfs....but im not taking any sides over here....jus stand at a lfs view..

n yes..it may be the LFS fault to reply ur fren in a rude manner....since u said he was a regular...maybe its a joke...anyway....the equipments for ur frens tank is not ready...

therefore it is irresponsible to rear a octo wad..

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

• SRC Member

n there is always 2 sides of the story..wheather anyone wish to state his stand of own opinion of tis matter is open to the public....

dosent mean that if someone state his opinion here HAS to be related to any lfs..

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

• SRC Member

share my experience.....got 1 lfs, always ask shop owner abt certain LS b4 i comedown... N ans always ya stil have many n nice2 1s....but wen reach there in 10min(quite near my house) sometimes left only sadcase 1s, dunno wat the owner mean by nice2 1s....lucky my house near to tat lfs...if not waste $$ petrol time!!!

• SRC Member
hey neokn...

can pls pm me the name of the lfs? :)

cos i've heard stories of a super rude lfs too...from a fren

tks!

They're not rude.

Just that the way they use to strike a rapport with their client wasn't correct. So some might feel offened, that's all.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

I guess sometimes is really how we percive things. But i think if the LFS had promised to reserve a certain piece of LS for someone, they should....whether a deposit has been paid ornot. This is how good customer relationships are build up...no? As least they could call up the person who reserved it and then proceed to sell it off if the person decides not to get it anymore. I once told a certain LFS that i was looking for an Kole and was pretty suprised to received an sms one day offering to reserve a piece for me as the shipment has arrived. Now thats good customer service. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~