Pasir Ris or East Side People who intend to sell m

totoro17

• SRC Member

Hi,

I am thinking of gtg into marine fishkeeping instead of arowana, as I need a very big space to keep arowana once its grown bigger. Hence, anyone selling his marine items for example, tanks, sands, protein skimmer etc, do share with me what the lowest price you willingly to let go?

My intention of setting 1.5ft tank or 2ft tank marine tank will be mostly second hand items. Basically I need some LIVE ROCKS, Marine Salt, Marine Food, tank and cabinet. Where can i buy marine sand that can add fish instantly? How much is it?

Where is the best place to buy marine stuffs at PASIR RIS the cheapest and most reliable?

Best regards,

Darren

• SRC Member

I hoping to see whether any kind SRC bros and Arofanatics bros who can offer free marine stuffs or sell me cheap for this newbie n first time setting marine fish tank. With the savings I can get, I will spend on items that are crucial for marine fish, for example buying a better skimmer.

• SRC Member

i hope you dun mind tt i post a thread here n arofanatics.....im newbie to marine fishkeeping n this forum too...

so far i have two offer:

1) $4 per kg for live rocks

2) $100 for 1.5ft tank with ISO, 2 18watss PL light,skiller with pump and return pump...there is a cooling fan too...

anymore other offer

• SRC Member

Like copperband said, theres nothing you can add into your tank that lets you add fish instantly without proper cycling. The more patience you have, the more likely you'll succeed in this hobby. There are lots of shops at the pasir ris farmway area, you'll likely find everything you need there. Theres AM in jalan kayu too. Maybe u can start a new thread in the "new to marine aquaria" forum so that reefers can guide you along the way. This isnt really the correct place... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

but i need the necessary stuffs before i start the hobby....tts y its necessary to put in this thread whether got second hand or not...

hi guys, i received some pm, as you guys selling 1ft tt kind of size...im actually looking forward more on 2ft...

• SRC Member

Eh .. therer quite a few ppl selling off their tank sets .. i think for those .. since the good bacteria would hav already multiplied in the sand bed, juz letting the salt mix or NSW for a few days would b enough .. of curse running it in the tank for at least a month would b better.

• SRC Member

totoro17:

1) Cheap tanks, go Cash Converters (Tampines / Bedok) and you can find them selling quite cheap. Otherwise, its a "wait n see if ppl here in SRC selling or not".

2) Live Rocks are crucial. and every few days, we've ppl here de-commission their tanks, selling their rocks, even give away rocks FOC. Just be patience if u r on a tight budget. its a matter of meeting someone selling/giving Liverocks, at the RIGHT PLACE. Venue is another point of consideration. e.g. U live in the east, but the guy living in the west is giving free liverocks... too far to travel eh?

3) There is no such thing as marine sand that allows u to start keeping fish immediately. Starting up a marine tanks requires lotsa patience and discipline in holding back ur excitement & waiting for the water to cycle and mature b4 introducing the fishes/other livestocks.

U can approach reefers here who are de-commissioning their tanks, to buy/ ask them to give u the sand in their tank. A mature tank would have lotsa nice nice bacterias in its sand. alternatively, u can buy grade 1 or 0 sand from the LFS at Pasir Ris Farm; roughly $1/kg only. If u planning to start a 2-ft tank, then around 15-20kg of sand would be nice enuf.

4) U do NOT need marine food at this point of time becuz it is not advisable to keep any fish within the first 4 weeks (or b4 ur water's ANN cycle is complete and mature).

5) as for Marine Salt, if u are not willing to spend on an expensive packet of highly dissolvable marine salt, then u can try buying Natural Sea Water from the fish shops.

Since u mentioned specifically Pasir Ris, try making a trip to Pasir Ris Farmway. There should be at least 7 shops selling marine fishes/products. AM in Jalan Kayu also nice.

last but not least, since u live in Pasir Ris, u are VERY near the seaside... make use of ur natural resources at ur backyard... its FOC~

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• SRC Member

Hi,

You may wish to PM me whereby I am going to sell the following items:

1.) 30" x 16" x 16" sump tank

2.) Macro Venturi Skimmer

3.) I-Aqua overflow box (suitable for tanks without internal overflow)

No pics yet, will be posting soon.

• SRC Member
Hi,

You may wish to PM me whereby I am going to sell the following items:

1.) 30" x 16" x 16" sump tank

2.) Macro Venturi Skimmer

3.) I-Aqua overflow box (suitable for tanks without internal overflow)

No pics yet, will be posting soon.

how much u selling? 30" means how big? 2ft or 1ft?

• SRC Member
but i need the necessary stuffs before i start the hobby....tts y its necessary to put in this thread whether got second hand or not...

hi guys, i received some pm, as you guys selling 1ft tt kind of size...im actually looking forward more on 2ft...

I think the most fundamental thing anyone need before starting the hobby is to have a good understanding of what he/she will get into, and what he/she need for setting up of the tank. I suggest browsing thru some of of New to Marine Aquaria Hobby threads.

You may also want to have a feel the prices of equipment by examining the threads in Pasar Malam and explore prices quoted by the LFS. Plan your needs to the tank before getting them. Feel free to seek advice in SRC by posting your findings and get feedback from fellow reefers here.

Welcome to SRC. :lol:

• SRC Member

Eh .. i think most ppl do a slight water change of like the top 20% of the total amount of water, so the sand would most probably not b touched.

Having a sand bed would b good as it allows useful bacteria to multiply. There r ppl who do not use any sand bed .. many ca checlk out they tank topics n see how they got it done.

• SRC Member
Eh .. i think most ppl do a slight water change of like the top 20% of the total amount of water, so the sand would most probably not b touched.

Having a sand bed would b good as it allows useful bacteria to multiply. There r ppl who do not use any sand bed .. many ca checlk out they tank topics n see how they got it done.

but i just did a search...they told me no result....how shld i type in the search button?