A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor US! We are stuck here while everyone else is at irawana grabbing the goodies.... :pinch::lol:

Gosh, how i wished i had a 5ft....much more place to play with.....*Day Dreams* :upsidedown:

That's why all I can think of nowadays is my future dream tank... it's really frustrating especially with a 24g NC... with a ReefPack in it, lol. Where is Irwana exactly?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Qxnviolet,

Nice yuma. U don't find the LR a little too big?

Some common practice is too chip off the excess

& stick the little piece of LR w/ yuma to desired place.

Blue mushies ! :lol:

I like. My tank SB packed with them.

Give them some time & they will open big big.

Your tank damn happening. :yeah:

• SRC Member
Qxnviolet,

Nice yuma. U don't find the LR a little too big?

Some common practice is too chip off the excess

& stick the little piece of LR w/ yuma to desired place.

Blue mushies ! :lol:

I like. My tank SB packed with them.

Give them some time & they will open big big.

Your tank damn happening. :yeah:

Thought of that but was afraid it would stress the yuma too much. Maybe this wknd when im free, today had to do housework....tired. Haha. :lol: Im trying to add abit more life to my tank but seems im running out of space. :lol: I love the mushies you have on your sandbed....looks great!

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Hi Oxn

I think it's time you add some nice clams into your tank, hehe.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

:eyebrow: Wah MH already... so exciting!!! Yalor that center bracing is creating quite an undesirable special effect, lol. But once you switch on your other lights, perhaps it will blend in better.

And your Clam looks beautiful... what time you bought it? You pick yours near the water outlet right? The one nearest to the right side of the display tank. If yes, I was there earlier than you. I think our colouration the same :)

Can remove that white sticker on the MH clamp? Quite distracting...

• SRC Member
ballast. how much u bought it?

150w too?

just use a pen knife to cut off the silicon then u can get the center bracing off easily with a lil force.

no worries, the glass wont break.

Yeap, its a 150W. The ballast comes together with the light set....dunno if they sell it individually....

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

I think u might need 2 MH for your tank size... 1 on each side, so no need to remove the plastic bracing... lol. Currently with 1 MH, your lighting will become very uneven.

Yeah the shimmering effect... and I'm sure you love the reflections on the ceiling too, lol.