A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
On a sad note, i think my cleaner wrasse has passed away after nearly 6 months in my tank. It was so fat...heres what left of him.....disappeared this morning. Could be in hiding but..... :pinch: No more cleaner wrasses for me.

Could it be a crab tat drag the body there? :o

5.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 FT..... :)

Nice... but don't u think it's a little narrow? Why not try 5' x 5' x 2'... don't know whether it will happen or not... gonna be very exp to run such a big tank I think :erm:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Oh... after 6 months :cry2: Go get another one... actually 6 months is considered very long for cleaner wrasse... so I'm sure you can keep another one longer the next time... remember ur wrasses still need cleaning ;) How's ur LW?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Oh... after 6 months :cry2: Go get another one... actually 6 months is considered very long for cleaner wrasse... so I'm sure you can keep another one longer the next time... remember ur wrasses still need cleaning ;) How's ur LW?

Both the LW are doing fine, getting more and more daring. Eats alot too.... :)

And oh, no more cleaner wrasses for me, heard there are some gobies that will serve the same cleaning function. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member
5x5x2? hmm. think probably 3 or 4 of us have to chip in to do up and maintain that tank.. but for you...? hmm. maybe can try 50mx25mx3m. can swim inside. maybe can take over one of the pools from SASA....

Wah, im a poor guy remember? :lol: But then say only la, maybe i'll be contended with this 3Ft for the rest of my life. ts not the size that matters the most yah? :peace:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

5x5x2? hmm. think probably 3 or 4 of us have to chip in to do up and maintain that tank.. but for you...? hmm. maybe can try 50mx25mx3m. can swim inside. maybe can take over one of the pools from SASA....

Yeah that can be so so cool... actually can be done right? Convert a swimming pool into a SPS tank... then snorkle in it... can take natural sunlight some more... the only problem is raining lah... it's time to dream again :snore::snore::snore:

• SRC Member

Yeah that can be so so cool... actually can be done right? Convert a swimming pool into a SPS tank... then snorkle in it... it's time to :snore::snore::snore: already!

LoL...i also think so. Oh, hows your LW? Getting used to your food? Oh, bro jervis been to the LFS in the west side before? Places like CF, LCK110 and Wakai?

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

LoL...i also think so. Oh, hows your LW? Getting used to your food? Oh, bro jervis been to the LFS in the west side before? Places like CF, LCK110 and Wakai?

Nope... have not. You bring me there one day ok? Only been to a couple of LFS... not the adventurous type...

i know i know i know! haha all around NTU side... 10 min drive from ntu...

Ok lah... one day we all go together... mass LFS spree... must start saving for my second tank already :lol::lol::lol:

All ur corals look so damn happy and healthy!!! I like ur hammers on the sand bed... r the 2 clams placed too close to each other? Love ur bubbles too!!! What other corals can keep near bubbles? Saw some green ones :lol:

• SRC Member
All ur corals look so damn happy and healthy!!! I like ur hammers on the sand bed... r the 2 clams placed too close to each other? Love ur bubbles too!!! What other corals can keep near bubbles? Saw some green ones  :lol:

Hrmz, bubbles are best kept to themselves. They are one of the more likely to sting LPS. You can put different colonies of bubbles together though. :) Oh, the clams do look pretty close, will try shift them aprart a little this wknd.

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member
upgrade lo.

lol

get a 6 footer. can put anything u want. u can also swim inside with your LS

If only i had the money. Haha. Well, thats a dream i have to keep for the future. Just hope its not gonna be too far away. :) How about you? Setting up a new one anytime soon?

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog