A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are so crazy over suns nowadays... lovely... but don't forget to feed them ur gourmet recipe :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
You guys are so crazy over suns nowadays... lovely... but don't forget to feed them ur gourmet recipe :P

LoL....the "Otak-Otak"? Haha, i do not feed my suns that. Thats for my fishes. Its vitamins enriched brine shrimps for my suns. Or do they prefer Mysis? :unsure: Im crazy over suns recently, just like you are crazy over zoos~ :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

LoL....the "Otak-Otak"? Haha, i do not feed my suns that. Thats for my fishes. Its vitamins enriched brine shrimps for my suns. Or do they prefer Mysis? :unsure: Im crazy over suns recently, just like you are crazy over zoos~ :lol:

Yes they prefer Mysis coz it's more satisfying for them... Brines are too bite size :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

yoz bro.

i hate you. you got sun garden. you no good. i see liao eye red... haha

hahaa... try feeding them mysis. i feed mine that also. if you free enough to feed them like every 2 days, den each rock, 1 cube is enough... if not, you can be like me... 12 cubes for my suns....

anyway can refer to my thread. i tried to do a pictorial feeding session. if cannot understand, i will do so again. haha. thinkin of feeding them tonight...

• SRC Member

Wah, tonight? Read that u feed your suns in the middle of the night. At that time, i'll proberbly be asleep and my tanks lights off. Haha, i just fed 3 cubes of brine shrimps for my suns...wonder if they are full. Will increase it to 5 cubes tomorrow. What i do is pour in some marine snow/aquaz phytoplanton to make the suns open up abit first and then feed them. Its lots of work, but the satisfaction of seeing them opened up and greeting me with those huge polyps are definately worth it! :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member

hhaa yup yup!

confirm gona feed my suns later. at around 2-3 lidat. juz dropped in a bit of cyclopeeze to tempt them completely open so they wun waste my food... hahaha...

i tried feeding them brine before. they dun look happy. i fed each rock like 5 cubes, they are not full.. switched back to mysis, after 1-2 cubes they are soo cheery... haha

• SRC Member

my lighting cycle flows the daylight cycle. maybe will extend the blue lights till 9pm. after which lights go off.. cos suns only open up the biggest after 1+, i realised. so i only feed them in the dark.. anyway i hardly slp before 4am, so i can feed them la.. hahaa...

• SRC Member

one of the rocks does. open close open close the whole day long. the rest opens up fully in the darkness. will take a foto of them before, during and after feeding. i took some fotos on how i prepared the food for the suns too... will post them up later on my thread.

with regards to the shrimps, squirt some for them first. they will leave the rest of the suns alone.

• SRC Member
one of the rocks does. open close open close the whole day long. the rest opens up fully in the darkness. will take a foto of them before, during and after feeding. i took some fotos on how i prepared the food for the suns too... will post them up later on my thread.

with regards to the shrimps, squirt some for them first. they will leave the rest of the suns alone.

My shrimps seem forever hungry. ZzzZZz. What kind of squirter are you using to feed your suns? My common sryinge isn't very good. Somtimes don't come out, sometimes come out alot. :snore:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member

i using the common syringe. the thing with the mysis is that if you hold the syringe pointing downwards too often, the mysis will all sink to the bottom and jam up the opening. this will lead to the problem squirting. so before you fire off, if you feel some resistance, means the mysis is jammed up at the opening already. dun carry on pushing, den a lot will come out. either rock it backwards and forwards to spread out the mysis again, or draw more water into the syringe, den push the stick, or watever you call it.