A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• SRC Member

It photo-shy lah, will try to take pix and post in my thread.

Those reefers who have seen my tank can relate better.

By those red coris is way to bi and aggressive if you have shrimp

and crab. It no no for SPS tank, otherwise all the acro crab will

be breakfast, lunch and dinner............

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro I think the Phillipines one looks nicer leh... more striking <_< But maybe less rare lah. They do look like a mating pair to me :P

How's ur LFS shopping with other bros? Surprise me!!! :pinch:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro... update lah!!! Em... must be busy taking Wedding pix or some wedding rehearsal... :huh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

haha...no lah...woke up late today, anyway, nothing much to update till i get my new tank...which hopefully is going to happen within a year's time...hows your leopard? Mine got used to the tank, swimming around freely now... :)

Still missing in action... :unsure:

Haha, glad that your leopard wrasse has finally appeared. My Phillipine leopard is still pretty shy. The Maldives one is getting bolder and bolder....what do you feed your wrasse anyway? Im gonna get LBS for them later.

Didn't got a chance to feed them yet... keep hiding... but I see it "poo" yesterday, so he must've found something to eat B)

• SRC Member

Hrmz, whats PQA? I saw it feeding but it spat out the brine shrimps....think its abit too "hard" for it, no problem feeding on LBS though.

Jervis, thought you going out? :) I wanna go too~ LoL....btw, which function in Iphoto do you use to touch up your pics normally? They look great!~ :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

hahaha, seems like someone bought something from AM, waiting for it to open so can surprise us... hahaha...

PQA are the ones you had also.. purple queens.. hahaa.. real tough buggers to feed...

anyway read from liveaquaria wrasses like worms, so maybe can get them blood worms? might work.. my wrasse loves them...!

• SRC Member

Oh, those frozen types? I'll try them.....any idea if AM has them? Im looking for LBS too. I tried PQAs once too....all died. :pinch: Anyway, think i read a fish guide before, what we normally see in the LFS are actually Purple Anthias, PQAs looks abit different... :)

Oh, any idea how i can use my own pics as an avatar? They cant seem to get small enough (20k) no matter what i do... :pinch:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member

edit them with paint, the simplest method which i do, at the image tab, select stretch/skew, shrink them down to bout 30-40%, and save.. and wala! you can upload them..... my fotos after shrinking them to 40% is at 12kb max...

Hrmz, whats PQA? I saw it feeding but it spat out the brine shrimps....think its abit too "hard" for it, no problem feeding on LBS though.

Jervis, thought you going out? :) I wanna go too~ LoL....btw, which function in Iphoto do you use to touch up your pics normally? They look great!~ :)

I did... went to AM... just for a quickie... can't stay long (if u know what I mean)...

I usually use "increase sharpness", then play around with the "exposure" (a very powerful feature), colour contrast, increase/decrease red/blue and last but not least "edge blur".

It's a great software... very easy to use and organize... not like Photoshop, real pain in the axx :pinch:

• SRC Member

I did... went to AM... just for a quickie... can't stay long (if u know what I mean)...

I usually use "increase sharpness", then play around with the "exposure" (a very powerful feature), colour contrast, increase/decrease red/blue and last but not least "edge blur".

It's a great software... very easy to use and organize... not like Photoshop, real pain in the axx :pinch:

LoL...ok, thanks for the tip....i'll try it later. My Mac is pretty slow though, too little RAM.

Did you happen to see any LBS over there? Anything special? Might go down later. :) MAybe pass my T95 as well.

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

:pinch: LoL.... :lol:

Err.... guess what... I just saw her bringing in her baby just now... so not her lah... em... who else r there worth a quickie? :D

Jervis~ Any tips on resizing pictures? I wanna crop and resize my pics to use as my avatar. :) Thanks in advance. Im a photoshop idiot~ :lol:

Email me ur pics, tell me where u wanna crop. I will do it for you.

jervis.mun@mac.com

Yes, LBS spotted at AM... nothing special... lots of Gobies and Blennies... boring... of course Seachem products are on 30% off!!!