A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your tank is so beautiful... I'm sure u can stay with it for another year or two... hehe.

Wanna try UHU glue? :upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

colinsoon's damn bad and damn wrong way of fragging zoos...

If you have a big big rock of them, make them all close, take them out of water, take hammer and screwdriver, put the screwdriver in the middle, and start hammering away. break up the rock, you get yurself zoos!!

the zoos i got, mostly i choose those without base. so tis way, i juz tear them apart. they will come off at the base. whole polyps.

regarding bonding, if was recommended epoxy, which i nvr tried before, cos i die die dun wan bond, till i cna confirm my tank layout.... stick rock on rock leh, dun stick the zoos on rocks.

anyway if you place the frags on a rock which it likes and dun disturb it for a while, it will anchor itself onto the rock. takes mine only 2 days to do so...

Bro Soon, while reading ur post... I expect u to mention scissors, cutter and chainsaw... lol. You are not :evil: enough, muahaha!!!

Sorry a bit :off:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The only thing I don't like... as mentioned last month... is the white oval shape sticker on the MH clamp, hehe. Even the bushy Blue Gorgonia cannot cover it fully... :unsure: hehe bro hope u don't mind.

• SRC Member
The only thing I don't like... as mentioned last month... is the white oval shape sticker on the MH clamp, hehe. Even the bushy Blue Gorgonia cannot cover it fully... :unsure: hehe bro hope u don't mind.

Haha, nah its alright, im too lazy to peel the sticker off.... :P

Maxstar...i do not store my tank pics one, i'll mail you one the next time i take a FTS. :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Bro u have so many Sun on the sand bed... wanna try some Black Sun? Saw it last 2 weeks.

Nope... hv not done LS shopping for a very long time :unsure: But next time if I come across any... will surely let u know (after I choose a nice piece that is, lol).

Nice! I got one too... :D

Err... don't scare me leh... this Leopard Wrasse is the most expensive LS in my entire tank!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah: My Chromis being the cheapest of course :heh:

• SRC Member

yup. wrasses are rated expert levels only on liveaquaria, which i think its quite true, cos its like quite hard to feed them cos the time you can feed them is when they are out of the sand, and if they feel threatened in the tank you will be assured that you can nearly quite impossibly find them... should start with cheaper alternatives of wrasses like yellow or green wrasses, which, if possible to maintain, will not be an issue when keeping expensive wrasses.. haha.. anyway how much is one? cos its sooo pretty, and i am thinkin of keeping one.. but then the tot of it being like so often in the sand.. hmmmmm..