s00n's humble 2 footer FOWLR....

colinsoon

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah... don't think they will take any action before... err... elections... but now :heh::heh::heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hmmz. suddenly not sure if i want to carry on fixing up my tank. got quite a bit of discouraging comments and stuff from my dad. some from my mum. thing with my dad is that he doesnt tell me straight. goes thru my mum. and my mum tells me in the most discouragin of ways. making it sound like a burden. not to say i am damn rich. people spending their progress package on computers, palms, nice watches, something nice, i blowing them all on a tank. seriously dunno if i should carry on.

hmmz. suddenly not sure if i want to carry on fixing up my tank. got quite a bit of discouraging comments and stuff from my dad. some from my mum. thing with my dad is that he doesnt tell me straight. goes thru my mum. and my mum tells me in the most discouragin of ways. making it sound like a burden. not to say i am damn rich. people spending their progress package on computers, palms, nice watches, something nice, i blowing them all on a tank. seriously dunno if i should carry on.

Hey man... don't just give up like that!!! I also get constant discouragement from my Internal Affairs Minister... so what? I need to do what's best for myself and to keep myself happy... unless you are bored <_< Don't give up!!! You're gonna graduate soon right? You're gonna get a job and everything is gonna be alright :D – I guess you just need some encouragements to balance the discouragements... trust me... money will go away eventually... so if u r not spending it on this hobby, you probably gonna spend it somewhere else :lol: That's life!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

NO!!!...bro colin....DUN GIVE UP!!!!!instead of thinking of giving it up,y dun u try to convince them....my parents n sister use to tell me off 4 spend so much on marine,but as time go by they start to accept n grew to like the tank too...u noe wat, my sis even ask me to setup one marine tank 4 her future house leh!!!

• SRC Member

yeah i know. i supposed to graduate in another 2 years, and judging from my results, might take longer. and juz dat this is something which i really enjoy, but then, with the amount of discouragements i am getting, i rather get something else that can cheer me up, and not get myself so much comments.

i mean wat is it with my dad anyway. buy car to park in MCP, rather den willingly lend it to his son. and i pay for the petrol! not to say his car is damn fuel efficient. 8km/l. go sch come back same as taking cab.. wanna comment on anything never ever tell me straight. always go thru my mum. crap la...

so much better to juz keep my 2 footer. keeps me cheery. wait till the bill comes for my 3 footer at home. my dad will tear the house down.

yeah i know. i supposed to graduate in another 2 years, and judging from my results, might take longer. and juz dat this is something which i really enjoy, but then, with the amount of discouragements i am getting, i rather get something else that can cheer me up, and not get myself so much comments.

i mean wat is it with my dad anyway. buy car to park in MCP, rather den willingly lend it to his son. and i pay for the petrol! not to say his car is damn fuel efficient. 8km/l. go sch come back same as taking cab.. wanna comment on anything never ever tell me straight. always go thru my mum. crap la...

so much better to juz keep my 2 footer. keeps me cheery. wait till the bill comes for my 3 footer at home. my dad will tear the house down.

Ok ok... I can see your point there... well that's the problem with our society/culture. Most of our Dads go through our Mums whenever they need to say something... that's very normal, so let's not analyze that too much.

How big is your new tank? Perhaps the size is a little too daunting :unsure: 2 more years? Then how come you moved out of your hostel? If that's the case, go back to hostel lah! Got a feeling you won't be too happy at home :unsure:

Ok ok we are going a little :off: here and I am not counsellor... why don't you post a pix of your new tank in your home environment. Perhaps you placed in a eye-sore position... or something... perhaps you wanna get a smaller tank.

• SRC Member

its gonna be placed in the same location at the old tank place. old tank 2x1.2x1.3. new tank 3x1.5x2. not much bigger in terms of footprints. and i get so much comments. crap. so the stand looks a lil crappy, but i am gonna get it covered up with wood. money. money money. all money. and i am seriously going to starve for all the money.

• SRC Member

hmm .. the problem with parents ... chill la bro .. things will work out somehow ... if worse comes to worse ... den just downgrade the size ... or keep a small one in ur hall? at least it will keep u going when u are stressed.. if not try and work out a deal with ur dad lor ... haha guess u may have ur own methods... but just dun give up bro ! nothing is impossible ... haha .. i sound so cliche ..

• SRC Member

my current 2x1x1.5 is in hall. okok, in case you guys are confused, i have a fowlr at home, and a 2x1x1.5 in hall. which is the one with suns and all. i got a 3ft for home, and its the cause for all troubles. and yes bro jervis, i am staying in hall now.

Yes bro Jacobus... a bit cliche... nothing is impossible including keeping MI (aka Mission Impossible) :lol:

Bro Colinsoon, just sleep early tonight... things will be alright tomorrow. I got a feeling you are full of "gas" right now.

Perhaps you wanna promise you Dad you will study hard... that way you can keep your tank... at the same time use the tank to constantly remind you of your studies... that's a win-win situation actually... honestly, at your stage in life... you really need to study hard lor... if given a chance to go back to your age, I will really study hard... I wanna be an Architect or a Lawyer... :lol::lol::lol: So cliche :P:P:P

• SRC Member

on a lighter note ... i think my TBT is gay .. hahaha ... keeps trying to find a partner in the tank but everyone is homophobic in the tank so they ignore him .. haha .. to any gays in SRC .. no offense ah ... im just trying to cheer mr soon up.

or if bro colin u are a SM like bro jervis ... i just got beat up by my ninjado master .. and my senior got hit in the balls... ok ok .. :off: sorry .. haha

I think my pair of Cleaner Shrimps are gay too... so lovey-dovey but no egg!!! :P:P:P

• SRC Member

for me.. i think the best way is to remain the same tank at home. then u no need to buy new chiller n skimmer.

not to discourage. my dad used to off my fish tank light. off the fan. say save electircity, i keep sayin that the LF living inside will die. and he knows nohting abt reefin. n tellin me things like he know a lot. when my gonio is not openin n it's fading. dad say, no wad.. where got die.. nothing wrong with it.

i cant bare to see my $ fade away in the tank. close lor. when no 1 at i closed the tank.

then dad come n home lecture me. say i selfish nv ask then close the tank. affect other ppl in the family... say i rebelous cos he say wanna save on electric bill then i just close the tank.

i was thinking, crap la.. u know no shit abt the tank.. i spent my $ cannot close meh?

so im gonna get a new 3ft when in future. when i get my own home. pay my own bills. my dad cant say anything.

^_^ Bro soon, jus saw yr thread.. erhm.. i went thru the same shit as u earlier this yr.. quarrelled with my parents big time and was intending to give up leow.. well give them time to cool off.. when parents are in the fit of anger.. nothing gets into their thick skulls.. cos they ARE parents. What we can do is diam diam lay low.. haha and soon the bad will pass. Rgds.

^_^ Bro soon, jus saw yr thread.. erhm.. i went thru the same shit as u earlier this yr.. quarrelled with my parents big time and was intending to give up leow.. well give them time to cool off.. when parents are in the fit of anger.. nothing gets into their thick skulls.. cos they ARE parents. What we can do is diam diam lay low.. haha and soon the bad will pass. Rgds.

Agree... that's why your nick is Colinsoon... "Cooling Soon" :lol::lol::lol: That's a good sign!

Don't worry... worst come to worst I take care of all your suns lor... I still have space to create a Sun Cemetery ;)

• SRC Member

hey guys. thanx for all the encouragements. guess i am gonna continue with the change. cos i juz bought 20 plus of pipings and 44.10 of wood, to do up my stand. kill people put fire. so ex. the pipings, i got a lot of excess. haha..

hey guys. thanx for all the encouragements. guess i am gonna continue with the change. cos i juz bought 20 plus of pipings and 44.10 of wood, to do up my stand. kill people put fire. so ex. the pipings, i got a lot of excess. haha..

Phew... everything is back to normal than... no more nice words for you... PIX PIX PIX :rolleyes:

wah bro!

Upgrading bo jio?! haha

Next time instead of always popping by ya hostel to drool at ya tank.. i must visit your house regularly liaoz...

Looking forward to another masterpiece by non other than Master Soon.. haha..

Can call me to help out anytime.. u know my number... heeZ

Cheers

Bro TntR2... those 2 things in ur avatar... what r they actually? :lol::lol::lol: