s00n's humble 2 footer FOWLR....

colinsoon

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

for bro jervis:

i bought a pack of live brine, decided that my fellas deserve a lil treat.. too bad my wrasse is really gone.. haiz. its my favourite! arghhh!

anyway i kept them in my sump with my beta cage. i think we should be using the same ones. only the babies escaped. the medium sized ones all kept inside. day 3 already. no casualties (except for the ones eaten...)

post-34-1145733070.jpg

• SRC Member

juz taken a min ago. the food wastage evident after i turned on my seio. i would say its ok considering that i feed like 10 cubes. very bad on the bioload. but then, for the benefit of my suns. once a week also, so nt bad la.. not THAT bad la...

dun flame me... :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear:

post-34-1145733380.jpg

Yeah that's bad for the water in the long run... perhaps u can schedule ur water change every Sunday since ur mass feeding is on every Saturday. Nice to know that u manage to keep the brine shrimp alive for 3 days... do keep us updated on that coz I might do the same... only no sump tank to put the betta box for me... u can also feed the BS, u know?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Wow....the longest i've ever kept live brine shrimps alive was 2 days. :snore: Got even once 2nd day all dead. I leave them in a small plastic tank and connect an air pump to the tank, normally 2nd day....15% casulties already. Any extra benefits of feeding our LS live brine shrimps? :unsure:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Wow....the longest i've ever kept live brine shrimps alive was 2 days. :snore: Got even once 2nd day all dead. I leave them in a small plastic tank and connect an air pump to the tank, normally 2nd day....15% casulties already. Any extra benefits of feeding our LS live brine shrimps? :unsure:

Coz he keep them in his sump... constant flow of clean water helps... benefits are pretty subjective... but no harm feasting ur LS with some live food once in a blue moon... but I heard that will turn ur LS more into a predator and acting more aggressively :erm:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Coz he keep them in his sump... constant flow of clean water helps... benefits are pretty subjective... but no harm feasting ur LS with some live food once in a blue moon... but I heard that will turn ur LS more into a predator and acting more aggressively :erm:

Hrmz, ic...i'll try the fridge method the next time i buy LBS too. Heard a reefer mentioned that they'll last longer. :) Wanna go Pasir Ris now? :lol: Rise and Shine!!!

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Go ahead... I can't shop for LS anymore :(

Haha....actually i cant too but just feel like taking a walk there look look see see. Any idea what time the farms over there open? :)

Nope... but as usual... look-look-see-see will end up with bags of water in a pink plastic bag.

• SRC Member

haha no worries bros. i juz kinda woke up... haha...

anyway the LBS i placed it in the sump cos i din wanna reduce the already small enough space in the display tank.. 1 cage at the top looks really really cluttered... i used to leave them in the display tank, quite interesting to see the fishes trying to get at the LBS inside the beta cage...

bout the clean water flow, i dun see any difference in water quality between the 2 tiers, and i honestly find the water in the sump quite stale, as compared to that in the display tank....

haha no worries bros. i juz kinda woke up... haha...

anyway the LBS i placed it in the sump cos i din wanna reduce the already small enough space in the display tank.. 1 cage at the top looks really really cluttered... i used to leave them in the display tank, quite interesting to see the fishes trying to get at the LBS inside the beta cage...

bout the clean water flow, i dun see any difference in water quality between the 2 tiers, and i honestly find the water in the sump quite stale, as compared to that in the display tank....

I was comparing having a betta box in sump/tank to a plastic tank with air bubbles :P

Are ur LBS still alive? Must record how many days ok? :P

yupx, still alive. fed quite a bit already. after tomorrow morning will be day 4 already. juz counted 6 dead... quite ok la i guess...

Very successful indeed... I know what... when u rescape, u just have to focus on ur strengths... a tank full of Suns and LBS :yeah::yeah::yeah::bow::bow::bow:

It's gonna be a very nice tank setup... imagine all ur beautiful super ultra sun... feasting the swimming LBS whenever they like... heaven :angel: and hell :evil: combined into one :nuke: