My nano 24g cube

Marinesavy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow! That's a nice stand. The original JBJ stand (with cabinet) is slightly narrower. It's good to have larger storage space. You can even squeeze a sump tank inside, lol.

HK is so much more happening right? But you bought a pack of salt back? :bow:

And that chiller is cool looking. What's your temp? I am looking at adding a chiller to my NC too. Is it noisy? Coz I my tank is inside my small study room (pretty bad natural ventilation too).

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Oh guys, regarding rockslides... try not to introduce Turbo Snails as they tend to grow kinda large and very capable of shifting rocks. I saw one Turbo on your glass :pinch:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Agree that this is a very nice stand, at first.. wanted to get the S stand since Singapore Agent doesn't carry the cabinet stand.. luckily.. when i went to HK, I saw this stand and l like it very much, moreover.. only cost me less than S$50, but need to assemble yourself.

Just prefer very simple setup, do not want to complicate things and that the reasons for a jbj nano cube, bottom line.. water change every week to keep my tank healthy.

In HK, the whole street selling fishes, corals, additives, equipments etc, price can get lower since very competitive. Corallife salts cheap too, about S$6 cheaper than petmart, too bad... have too much things to carry back to Singapore. Anyway. i visit HK very frequent because my wife was from HK. The brand of salt also many and some even much cheaper too, i recalled seeing a brand of salt, 6 kg, about S$15.

I am maintaining 26-27 degree with CL280 Chiller. Depend on the type of chiller you buy, but personally... for such a small 24 gallons (approx 90 litres) nano cube, CL280 is much afforable price and low noise too.

juscool,

I bought from one reefer in the forum, cost me $70 for Cl280. Thermostat spoiled, so not choice, use timer to control the chiller.. constantly maintaining the temp 26 to 27 degree.

don't have to cut anythings from the hood, get some soft and good piping to squeeze in, the flow will be slightly slower.. but ok... can cool down 1 degree lower in 15mins.

I came across another reefer selling CL280. How much noise does it emit? Is it suitable for 24g NC? I need to get a chiller within these few days.

Nice tank btw...

• SRC Member
juscool,

I bought from one reefer in the forum, cost me $70 for Cl280. Thermostat spoiled, so not choice, use timer to control the chiller.. constantly maintaining the temp 26 to 27 degree.

don't have to cut anythings from the hood, get some soft and good piping to squeeze in, the flow will be slightly slower.. but ok... can cool down 1 degree lower in 15mins.

Hi M.Savy,

Thanks for the info. :)

Have you compared how CL280 match up to the IceProbe?

How does the Iceprob work, I cant really figure out from the pic alone.

Cheers

juscool...

CL280 is pretty quiet and sometimes i don't even notice that it has been kick off.

Ice probe.. ever explore before but after some finding drop the idea because :-

- you need to drill the glass which i doubt it can work and extremely risky eventhough can be done.

- secondly, ice probe may not be suitable for the 24g and it may take long time to cool the tank.

- thirdly, expensive with the thermostat.

- lastly, you need to modify the ice probe to fix into the cube, the original one you bought, you need to take out the entire hood or at least the feeding hood and connect the ice probe in it. Saw a local reefer did it for his 24g cube, very ugly, just hang the ice probe to the feeding tray.

I really recommed a chiller, don't waste money on ice-probe. Currently i think aquamarine is selling a nano chiller, i think the model is cl85, cost about $200 plus, but recommend for 60 litres, just pay a $100 more for CL280. You can get secondhand too, saw nowsaday alot of reefer giving out this hobby.

Sorry :off:

Is the CL280 quieter than Teco RA240? Price wise, the Teco is 4 X more exp.