My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Looking gd... Glad its all ok now. I just had a diaster with my new tank yest.... leaking at all the pipes... Sad case. Spent the whole night mopping the floor. Got to refix all my pipes.

:thanks: for the regards. The corals are stable now. When I had my tank up and tested with water, I too got water leaking from the pipes :( I had to ask the tank maker to rectify the leak up to 5 times. Frustrating and also time consuming process :angry: Setting up initially are a tedious process, its also a process whereby u will know the pro and cons.

, like if ur sump tank is able to fit ur equipments init ? Whether the dimensions is alright? etc.... :)

But hey, once the pipe leaks are fixed, u will be unstopable to set up ur tank and soon a nice tank with coral and fish are born :P

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

When I got time lah. now my got some outbreak of aptisia too. Could see some baby blooming :angry:

Got fragging lesson? I am not going to let the guy fix it. I think i can do a better job at connecting pipes... Just that I paid for the piping so let them do... When I did my own piping. No such problems at all.

• SRC Member

sometimes got small frag session for a few fellow bro reefers staying neighbour neighbour ard here , and we do milo dino and teh tarik gatherings and some coral chatting too. :rolleyes:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
sometimes got small frag session for a few fellow bro reefers staying neighbour neighbour ard here , and we do milo dino and teh tarik gatherings and some coral chatting too. :rolleyes:

Wow... Nice... Which area you all in? Can I join when my cycling is over? I can buy drinks for all since I am a new joiner.

• SRC Member

Pretty near... My new house at Hougang. My wife's place at Sengkang. My mom's place at Serangoon North. All ard the area.

cool... next time kopi together :lol: U like cycling ar ? :huh: So how's ur leaking pipes getting on ?

• SRC Member

How U know I like cycling? I do cycle quite a bit even though I drive at times too. I fixed most of the leaking pipes. Just came back from AM to buy the thick green pipe for chiller output and beckett skimmer. Shd be done by wednesday. These two days have to OT. Wednesday onwards on leave!!!! Hope to fill up with saltwater by friday.

• SRC Member
How U know I like cycling? I do cycle quite a bit even though I drive at times too. I fixed most of the leaking pipes. Just came back from AM to buy the thick green pipe for chiller output and beckett skimmer. Shd be done by wednesday. These two days have to OT. Wednesday onwards on leave!!!! Hope to fill up with saltwater by friday.

Wa.... me can be fortune teller liao.... anyhow guess also kenna jackpot... :P I was making wild guessess only lah... Anyway, think u can't wait for ur leave to start up ur tank. Care to mention some of ur equipments for ur tank here?

• SRC Member

Err... Mine all cheapo stuff lah...Budget budget....

4 2 2 12mm tank with external overflow plus 3 ft sump tank

30+ inch Skimz Beckkett with Iwaki MD 55

Resun C 500 chiller

4 x t5 solite going to add 2 tubes after cycling

Tunze wavemaker, non-controllable 6000L/h

Jbj top up system with eheim 300 pump

Skimz FR wtih eheim 500 pump

Think thats abt all.. Going to do manual dosing so no CR... Plan to keep LPS with some fishes.

• SRC Member
Err... Mine all cheapo stuff lah...Budget budget....

4 2 2 12mm tank with external overflow plus 3 ft sump tank

30+ inch Skimz Beckkett with Iwaki MD 55

Resun C 500 chiller

4 x t5 solite going to add 2 tubes after cycling

Tunze wavemaker, non-controllable 6000L/h

Jbj top up system with eheim 300 pump

Skimz FR wtih eheim 500 pump

Think thats abt all.. Going to do manual dosing so no CR... Plan to keep LPS with some fishes.

No tank will sounds cheapo :) Wat u have got there is already sufficient to keep a LPS tank. If got extra $$$, its always great to upgrade further, if not, the basic would do, provided to always test the perimeter and do water change :lol: N this is gonna be hard work to be put in it. Wat pump u using for th rtn ?

Basically me too using tunze 6060 and MD 55 for rtn. Total circulation is 6000 + 5500 = 11500 litres of water. U might see some sand storm if not wrong for the tunze. But u jus need to find a good spot for it.

Wat sand grade u using ? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Sand grade zero... I have to return pumps. One aquabee 3000, one quietone 4000(bought from HK). Think will decomission either one... Dun think LPS need such strong flow?

Sand is grade 0. Will add one layer of grade 1 on top.

Got all the test kit... Only PH monitor is electronic cos I decom from my aro tank.

Also got TDS meter for my DIY RO/DI unit

• SRC Member

and Ya..... as for the CR, u got to DIY a container to drip ur Kalk and tends to be time consuming. But end results would show on ur rocks by the coraline growth. :D Prioritise ur saving, maybe year end bonus coming, u might be able to get a CR? :P

For me. I keep it simple. So far I do not run DI unit for water change. But i make sure my tap water stays for abt 5 days b4 i do the mix salt. No FR- rowas,carbon and etc. Jus a skimmer, auto top up, chiller, MH and T5 blue tubes. :paiseh:

• SRC Member
and Ya..... as for the CR, u got to DIY a container to drip ur Kalk and tends to be time consuming. But end results would show on ur rocks by the coraline growth. :D Prioritise ur saving, maybe year end bonus coming, u might be able to get a CR? :P

For me. I keep it simple. So far I do not run DI unit for water change. But i make sure my tap water stays for abt 5 days b4 i do the mix salt. No FR- rowas,carbon and etc. Jus a skimmer, auto top up, chiller, MH and T5 blue tubes. :paiseh:

think will drip. I just completed my reno... My bonus is to going to be used to pay off the furnitures I bought... I think will drip lah... Last time I also drip. results not too bad

• SRC Member
Sand grade zero... I have to return pumps. One aquabee 3000, one quietone 4000(bought from HK). Think will decomission either one... Dun think LPS need such strong flow?

Sand is grade 0. Will add one layer of grade 1 on top.

Got all the test kit... Only PH monitor is electronic cos I decom from my aro tank.

Also got TDS meter for my DIY RO/DI unit

Aquabee 3000 might be weak by the time the water reaches the tank. Quietone 4000, not sure as never had the chance to use it :pinch: Another alternatives is the 1262 eheim pressurated pump. B)> 3400 L.

I use grade 1 for the bottom layer, covered by grade 2 or 3 for the top. Grade 0 seems to me quite light and fine. Would easily created a sand storm and flew all over ? :unsure:

• SRC Member

think will drip. I just completed my reno... My bonus is to going to be used to pay off the furnitures I bought... I think will drip lah... Last time I also drip. results not too bad

Same for my bonus too. Never really got a chance to use the way I intended to :evil: Always got to squeeze it to pay for this and that. In the end, left with nothing in my bank and pockets :angry::cry2:

• SRC Member

Quietone is US brand I think. Anyway I thot pressure rated only those MD pumps? I dun think eheim is pressure rated and I prefer aquabee lower voltage... If flow not enough, I rather add one more tunze cos higher flow, lower energy consumption.

• SRC Member
Quietone is US brand I think. Anyway I thot pressure rated only those MD pumps? I dun think eheim is pressure rated and I prefer aquabee lower voltage... If flow not enough, I rather add one more tunze cos higher flow, lower energy consumption.

Eheim pump confirm pressurated . :) But should u add another tunze, sure to created a storm. Would also be too much for the coral's thrive for survival. might wanna check with other reefers here. I might be wrong :unsure:

I too agreed that the waltage betw. aquabee and eheim is big margin . But u could always test it out by checking whether any bro here can lent u his eheim for test test ? :)