My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hope your starfish don't go near the eggs :unsure:

Will be nice to have a all chromis tank :lol: I'll be happy to keep your other fishes :lol::D especially the pair of percs :yeah::lol::lol:

Me also stress when I saw fishes or cleaner shrimps swimming near the eggs. Was thinking whether should scrape some of the eggs out? :unsure:

Simon, ur fishes so many liao, if pass u my fishes, where to have space for them to swim ah ? :whistle

The true pair of percs still in the trap box. Can't wait to release them :P

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Me also stress when I saw fishes or cleaner shrimps swimming near the eggs. Was thinking whether should scrape some of the eggs out? :unsure:

Feed your fishes as full as they can get so they won't bother the eggs

• SRC Member

Feed your fishes as full as they can get so they won't bother the eggs

That's wat I did to prevent fishes casualty. But I could do nothing when turbo snails and star fishes crawl over them. This morning saw 2 snails happily crawling over the eggs, causing some of it to break free from the wall :cry2:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

this fellow, one of the pioneer resident, died this morning. :cry2::cry2: He has not been eating for the past 5 days or so. Jus dun know why :cry::cry2: May u rest in peace

post-34-1150124324.jpg

Established fishies just die like that? Emm... don't scare me leh... I have not have the chance for any fishes to be considered established (tank only 2+ months) but I don't think I can take it if my Chevy just dies like that lor...

So how's the Chromis' eggs? Any progress?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Established fishies just die like that? Emm... don't scare me leh... I have not have the chance for any fishes to be considered established (tank only 2+ months) but I don't think I can take it if my Chevy just dies like that lor...

So how's the Chromis' eggs? Any progress?

I dun understand that too. My wife calls the naso tang, "Kan Cheong" b'cos he jus dash here n there when feeding time. Really miss his reckless nature :cry: think there;s no explaination for such behaviour, unless someone could share what;'s wrong with it.

So far my first batch of eggs, mostly wipe out when the turbo snails crawl all over them. The second batch are alright. waiting to see if anything comes out of it. Will update the pics :rolleyes:

So far my first batch of eggs, mostly wipe out when the turbo snails crawl all over them.

I'm quite surprise the parents are not guarding their eggs... but again what can 2 Chromis do to a grazing Turbo snail?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Wow, alot of changes since I last saw your tank, bro!

Congrats on being a father! Hope the eggs will hatch! :D

Will catch up with you soon, k? :) Must see your tank one day! :peace:

Hey sis... u r back from U.K ah :D How's the trip ? Hummm, dun think there's many changes in the tank lah.... ok, let me know when u drop by with Joshua :whistle

• SRC Member
Nice pair of True Percula :peace:

:thanks: bro.... But today found some white spot on the big perc. Now soaking the pellets with garlic guard to rid of the white spot :ph34r:

Oh dear... white spots just emerge like that? You added any LS these few days?

• SRC Member
Oh dear... white spots just emerge like that? You added any LS these few days?

Nope. Maybe this pair jus not used to new environment. Till now they have not found their new Home :cry: Hope they are fine :(