My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• SRC Member
At least u still into reefing regardless of tank size :upsidedown: Small tank can be quite challenging to keep too. show some pics here or start a thread la :whistle as for the mini clammy, its been rooted into the acan colony liao :pinch: and intending to keep it as a "spot me if u can" for my hse guest when they visits my hse :eyebrow:

haha.. will do.. still trying to stock up the tank with some corals before displaying (still got your colony of plate coral??).. have a holding box in my tank now for my yuma and clam to stick themself onto their respective rocks.. so still quite ugly.. once the tank looks fine i may start a thread!

lets have kopi soon too! seems like i have forgotten alot of reefing tips already! haha

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
can i invite you and Jo over my place for wine instead? heehee...no special kopi lah. but before/after that can drop by to see your tank? pm u my cell number later.

ribena will do bro, else Jo will be beaming red after the drink as he needs to drive :P we'll sms each other for the meet up ya... Timing wise should be okie

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Looking at your tank (FTS) makes me feel as if I'm in Underwater World... very natural. :bow:

Nice FTS bro!

Love the yellow tangs...

:thanks::thanks: To Bro Peacemaker and redstar for the compliments. In fact tank is messy and corals laying here n there at the sand bed.

Bro redstar, if u were to see A.M huge display tank, have a gd look at all her fishes, esp the Y.T. U'll notice tat the belly is bulging and could hardly swim to even the mid section tank as its getting too big and heavy for the YT to swim ard. I call the YT the Yellow submariner :upsidedown:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
:thanks::thanks: To Bro Peacemaker and redstar for the compliments. In fact tank is messy and corals laying here n there at the sand bed.

Bro redstar, if u were to see A.M huge display tank, have a gd look at all her fishes, esp the Y.T. U'll notice tat the belly is bulging and could hardly swim to even the mid section tank as its getting too big and heavy for the YT to swim ard. I call the YT the Yellow submariner :upsidedown:

I nvr had the chance to have a yellow tang. I got 3 on separate occasion, all got attacked by my other tangs. Gave up on this beautiful fish already :(

A Little Stress-Relieving Fish Tank

• SRC Member
bro.. how long did you stared at your tank? :lol:

LOL... I stared at it for at least 15 mins before sleep and after waking up for spiritual comfort or relaxation :lol:

never seems to run out of space.. really good stuff..

Hi Snowboy, i do run out of space. Only got to replace those tat perish or thru shifting the rocks here n there to accommodate or squeeze in more corals :pinch:

I nvr had the chance to have a yellow tang. I got 3 on separate occasion, all got attacked by my other tangs. Gave up on this beautiful fish already

Bro redstar, maybe the YT taat u have in the past are all smaller than u resident Tangs? Try getting one YT tat is slightly bigger than the others and there might be chances for survival :unsure:

Really envy you, so many fishes, especially those poo machines, and yet u still can keep your corals blooming well

Bro, indeed those POO machines( B.T) are like forever hungry and great production of POOs !!! :evil: Well, my skimmer is really skimming real hard for the removal of the wastes and i do run FR and have cheato and mangroves in my sumps to help tackle the problems. Now can't wait for the overhaul .... 1st thought in mind now is to get rid of the Koran angel and sell it off. He's been feeding on my elegance, blasto and plates till he's the champion for the "Fattiest" fish in my tank now !!! :nuke::cry:

• SRC Member

Bro, i bought a much much bigger YT the other time, it almost gave up on its life due to the constant torturing of my purple tang.

But on sat, i got another YT, put it in, and the purple tang gave it a tough time again.

No choice, i managed to catch the PT and it is with another owner now.

My battered YT is now swimming happily, but with lots of cuts... :(

A Little Stress-Relieving Fish Tank

• SRC Member
Bro, i bought a much much bigger YT the other time, it almost gave up on its life due to the constant torturing of my purple tang.

But on sat, i got another YT, put it in, and the purple tang gave it a tough time again.

No choice, i managed to catch the PT and it is with another owner now.

My battered YT is now swimming happily, but with lots of cuts... :(

Then I think the fighter in ur tank now is the P.T. Maybe if u try to sell it off and get another P.T tat might be less of a fighter then u'll probably have a chance of keeping a YT :unsure: Both my YT and PT are of less agression to other Tangs when intro in the tank. The fighter in my tank now is Tomini Tang. He'll try to stir a fight when new Tang are intro :eyeblur:

• SRC Member
Then I think the fighter in ur tank now is the P.T. Maybe if u try to sell it off and get another P.T tat might be less of a fighter then u'll probably have a chance of keeping a YT :unsure: Both my YT and PT are of less agression to other Tangs when intro in the tank. The fighter in my tank now is Tomini Tang. He'll try to stir a fight when new Tang are intro :eyeblur:

Well trained tomini tang :whistle

Hi bro

Nice to see your tank still running as beautiful as before :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Hi bro

Nice to see your tank still running as beautiful as before :)

Hey Jervis, when are coming back to the dark side again ? :eyebrow: without u here at SRC, kinda lost some excitement for new equipments update and review from u especially when u are reefing. :lol:

Hey Jervis, when are coming back to the dark side again ? :eyebrow: without u here at SRC, kinda lost some excitement for new equipments update and review from u especially when u are reefing. :lol:

Haha... I am crawling back in :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: Probably will start something small... less high tech :eyeblur:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
How's that going to be possible for you? "High Tech" is your middle name! :P

How does an ELOS Mini sound to you? :eyebrow:

Haha... I am crawling back in Probably will start something small... less high tech

Jervis less high tech equipment would mean "Top notch" stuffs. Probably he's out looking at the market of wat's new during his absence all this while :eyebrow:

And updates, I'm probably doing the overhaul this coming weekend as has began collecting tub for holding corals, barrels for NSW, pumps, rubber hose etc :ph34r: Just to check, should I get new packets of sand or just washed the exisiting sand and relay back for the sand bed ? :unsure: I'll be washing with NSW instead of the tap water so tat some exisiting pods and bacteria will still thrives during the washing