My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

u GUYs make me hungry with all the roti pratas la :P When U and Lum coming to Jln Kayu again, sure go eat with u guys if at home. Can jio kennthk and whoever wants to eats 5 or 6 pics of roti pratas :o:D

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
But my prata seow seow one, sometimes bloom so big, sometimes closed up like super stress :eyeblur: Does u and Lum's pratas open up all the time ? :unsure:

Here's a pic of a rock of acan. Size is double palm big :pinch: Still not opening yet, only a few extention of tentacles during feeding.. Me stress liao lah :ph34r:

Bro Ft.. my pratas open daily but only at all the lighting ON at evening.. :peace:

:ooh::ooh: Wah lau :ooh: your acans so HUGE piece arr.. if full open sure looks very tok kong ler :yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member
But my prata seow seow one, sometimes bloom so big, sometimes closed up like super stress :eyeblur: Does u and Lum's pratas open up all the time ? :unsure:

Here's a pic of a rock of acan. Size is double palm big :pinch: Still not opening yet, only a few extention of tentacles during feeding.. Me stress liao lah :ph34r:

So fa so good daily d prata doing its routine for photosynthesis. :D

:ooh: ur Acan rocks man !!! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
That acan not suppose to be like that. Smthing wrong leh

The only time when the acan show signs of stress like that when in my tank, was when my stu**d blue tang pecked on it. But after moving it to the smaller tank, it recovered within a couple of days.

Bro FT, check whether got fish disturb or not.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
So fa so good daily d prata doing its routine for photosynthesis. :D

:ooh: ur Acan rocks man !!! :eyebrow:

The only time when the acan show signs of stress like that when in my tank, was when my stu**d blue tang pecked on it. But after moving it to the smaller tank, it recovered within a couple of days.

Bro FT, check whether got fish disturb or not.

The acan I believe needs more time to settle down. Kenneth has seen it today and says also need more time to let it settle. Ming, so far did not see any fish nip at it :cry: Manwhile tested water today and found tat the PH is low. Needs to buffer it up or all the corals will soon be in stress :fear:

Can anyone tell me wat fish is this ? Was told its called a "banana Fish" The colors esp the yellow strips is very radiant and shape of the fish also resembles "BANANA" too :lol: Got a few in my tank and guess wat ??? It feeds when I was feeding my fishes with brine n mysis shrimps... Swam in the open after a few hours on introduction in the tank :lol: The fish is abt3 inches long :rolleyes:

post-4134-1201534572.jpg

post-4134-1201534583.jpg

post-4134-1201534590.jpg

post-4134-1201534599.jpg

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

i will be there when u guys are having prata session.

ask kennethk, reefzzz along. long time liao.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
i will be there when u guys are having prata session.

ask kennethk, reefzzz along. long time liao.

Ya can. will jio u along. But these 2 guys have been quite busy. One busy with baby and the other with work :eyeblur:

Bro Ft.. hope your water ph back to normal soon..

The banana fishes colour really looks radiant under blue light.. NICE

Ya been dosing some PH buffer to build it up. There's alot of these banana fish selling at T95. The yellow turn to like neon color under T5

• SRC Member
the "bananafish" looked like Rainbow runners to me.

Er... bro, did a search on rainbow runner and all pics shows fisherman's fav fish tat they caught at sea.. :eyeblur: And its all huge fish, dun wanna the 3 fellow to grow so big :pirate: Are these really the babies of "Rainbow Runner" ?? :o

post-4134-1201582205.jpg

• SRC Member

i never knew they can grow to that size.. but i have seen them swimming in schools but then, they already table size liao.. hahaha.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
i never knew they can grow to that size.. but i have seen them swimming in schools but then, they already table size liao.. hahaha.

Dun think its tat school of fishes tat u seen when diving la. Hardly seen it at LFS. T95 now got lotsa of it there, at least another 40 fishes there. The colors are jus neon yellow when at T5 lightings.

I goggle abt the rainbow runner and it says got blue stripes, but mine is yellow stripes lei. Jus hope they dun grow too big n too fast. :pinch: If not, I'll have to turn to my fishing tackle box for the fishing tools :lol: and will invite u over for Teochew steamed fish :evil:

• SRC Member
Dun think its tat school of fishes tat u seen when diving la. Hardly seen it at LFS. T95 now got lotsa of it there, at least another 40 fishes there. The colors are jus neon yellow when at T5 lightings.

I goggle abt the rainbow runner and it says got blue stripes, but mine is yellow stripes lei. Jus hope they dun grow too big n too fast. :pinch: If not, I'll have to turn to my fishing tackle box for the fishing tools :lol: and will invite u over for Teochew steamed fish :evil:

hv a feeling that it should be the same species.. under the same family. The shape is too similar.. but perhaps the color changes as it grows? just like from Juv to Adult Emperor Angelfish.

hahaha.. just love to make u worry.. hahaha.. u sure they wun eat ur fishes and corals? if feast on corals, u know where to put ur corals hor... hahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
hv a feeling that it should be the same species.. under the same family. The shape is too similar.. but perhaps the color changes as it grows? just like from Juv to Adult Emperor Angelfish.

hahaha.. just love to make u worry.. hahaha.. u sure they wun eat ur fishes and corals? if feast on corals, u know where to put ur corals hor... hahaha

U enjoy telling "HORROR" stories izzit ?? :evil::fear::lol: U la, actually love the colors and the 3 of them swimming ard happily. Now u spoil my enjoyment liao :cry: If they start pecking on my corals, I know who to Tongbang my corals to nurse to good health again :lol:

U are right abt the possibilities of them changing colors from Jev to Adult stages, this thought ever cross my mind too. But how to catch them again, rescape ??? U help me to rescape then ya :bow:

Don't worry bro... use them as a reminder to restart/rescape one year later :heh: :heh: :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
U enjoy telling "HORROR" stories izzit ?? :evil::fear::lol: U la, actually love the colors and the 3 of them swimming ard happily. Now u spoil my enjoyment liao :cry: If they start pecking on my corals, I know who to Tongbang my corals to nurse to good health again :lol:

U are right abt the possibilities of them changing colors from Jev to Adult stages, this thought ever cross my mind too. But how to catch them again, rescape ??? U help me to rescape then ya :bow:

helping u rescape? u kidding.. u think i very fit ah?

tongbang.. cannot lah.. how to put all ur corals in my tank...

• SRC Member

• SRC Member

Wa... U posted 2 posts to get the message to me ar ?? :lol: Kidding only... Ur tank so packed with gems and not to forget ur carpet anemone too :fear: Jammed packed hills :pinch:

post-4134-1201681573.jpg

post-4134-1201681590.jpg

• SRC Member

too much corals.. see liao too blur.. u need to raise the rocks higher.. to put more corals.. hahaha...

too much corals.. see liao too blur.. u need to raise the rocks higher.. to put more corals.. hahaha...

Maybe can add more rocks to the front area... then can really add more corals... at least 25% more :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Maybe can add more rocks to the front area... then can really add more corals... at least 25% more :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

U 2 kidding me ??? :blink::shock: Add more rocks !!! I jus removed abt 40kg of the rocks and now to add more?? :sick: I'm still thinking to get rid more rocks but tat will means to remove more fishes and some corals too. Still very packed and messy even after rescape. Think I'm no artise and creative in scaping :cry:

Something fishy here with all that gathering ... Staging a rebellion ?? :lol:

post-4134-1201700828.jpg

post-4134-1201700904.jpg

post-4134-1201700917.jpg

post-4134-1201700950.jpg

post-4134-1201700970.jpg