My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
juz got myself 2 more of pratas frm pasir ris farm :P n both doing fine already.

ur roseberry n last one actually can go big like mine coz wat i've noticed tt they r

few kind of prata which d openin up is totally differ frm one another.

d roseberry is sooooo yummy 2 me :lol::eyebrow:

Hummm 2 more gems to ur collection... :D Did u get it from Irene ? heard there got some red red roti pratas :lol: all 3 b4 I bouys them, looks a bit stress... I think they can open up much bigger.. plan to do a major rescape early Aug. My wife has agreed to help out in the scaping :bow::paiseh:

Hi bro fishtalk1517.. long time no see  Wahh  .. Your prata colour so tok kong, Why i dun have all this nice prata in my tank 

d roseberry is sooooo yummy 2 me too... 

CHEERS.

Of cos I remember u la... and ur senior freind whom came with u too :D My pratas are none compared to Storm tropper lei... and prata lover too :pinch:

Humm... U 2 seems to like my roseberry :huh: Its a bit bleached but should be alright once they stable. Wanna check do u both feed ur pratas when prawn ? N how often u feed them ? :thanks::rolleyes:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

still trying to take the color of the yumas ;)

I'm gonna get some nice Yumas for my RSM soon... thanks for the inspiration :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hummm 2 more gems to ur collection... :D Did u get it from Irene ? heard there got some red red roti pratas :lol: all 3 b4 I bouys them, looks a bit stress... I think they can open up much bigger.. plan to do a major rescape early Aug. My wife has agreed to help out in the scaping :bow::paiseh:

Of cos I remember u la... and ur senior freind whom came with u too :D My pratas are none compared to Storm tropper lei... and prata lover too :pinch:

Humm... U 2 seems to like my roseberry :huh: Its a bit bleached but should be alright once they stable. Wanna check do u both feed ur pratas when prawn ? N how often u feed them ? :thanks::rolleyes:

bro your pratas all also very nice leh.mine nothing compare with bro storm tropper lah.just give it time n tlc n soon it will bloom big big liao. :D anyway good buy bro

• SRC Member

yup.. bro, we feed it with prawn meat, you can start first week 3 times feedind, then once a week, cut a small piece prawn/ sivel fish meat. can do this for the cynarina too :) . do it at nite time when the tank totaly no light and d fishes sleep is the best, off the wave pump / return pump if not the wave will blow away the prawn meat :lol: , you can see the result between one mothn :yeah: this what we do, correct me if i'm do it in wrong :paiseh::bow::peace:

• SRC Member

There u go he got all out of my mouth :cry2::evil: wat can i say but :lol: .

i tink u n Bro prata lover can achieve like both Bro Lum n I had n so does everyone

who will come to this thread sooner or later.

U got to put extra DEDICATION to a new coral meaning u got 2 spend few extra hrs to it @ nite n wen d RESULT shows u will b BLOWN away with SATISFACTION n only GOD knows wat we felt DEEP INSIDE US n wen every single time we approached it with a SMILLING FACE n we r proud 2 call our MARINE AQUARIUM.

When d end result shows to long hrs n hard wrk tt we had placed in we r hungry 4 more n we r GRANTED.

LUM n I felt tt we r RESPONSIBLE of d well being of every single thing tt r in d aquarium b it small or big, b it blooming or flat, b it swimming or not, b it short or long it will b our DUTY to make LIVELY n HEALTHY.

WE CALLED IT OUR DISTRESS STATION

Bro fishtalk i like 2 APOLOGISE 2 u if i said to much in ur thread.

:bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

i tink u n Bro prata lover can achieve like both Bro Lum n I had n so does everyone

U got to put extra DEDICATION to a new coral meaning u got 2 spend few extra hrs to it @ nite n wen d RESULT shows u will b BLOWN away with SATISFACTION n only GOD knows wat we felt DEEP INSIDE US n wen every single time we approached it with a SMILLING FACE n we r proud 2 call our MARINE AQUARIUM.

When d end result shows to long hrs n hard wrk tt we had placed in we r hungry 4 more n we r GRANTED.

LUM n I felt tt we r RESPONSIBLE of d well being of every single thing tt r in d aquarium b it small or big, b it blooming or flat, b it swimming or not, b it short or long it will b our DUTY to make LIVELY n HEALTHY.

NOT long enough for such dedicated thread from u bro.. :bow: Would also Like to Thank prata lover and Lum n U for the tips and and KNOW HOW to care for the pratas. :bow::thanks:

Well said for write up. I used to feed all my brains, pratas, cynarina with a piece of market prawn abt once a fortnight. But always ended up wit the prawns being disturb by the fishes, even thou I heavy feed them with food so tat they dun disturb the prawns tat was to be fed to the corals :( I always ended up with my hand in the tank to chase away the fishes to prevent them from snatching the prawn fron the coral's mouth. After some time of doing it, the fishes somehow, seems to get use to my hand inside the tank and quite like to play with my hand, thinking its playtime :sick::fear::pinch:

Ok, will deploy ur method on feeding when lights are off and the fishes are sleeping away :P Hard work, love and tender care and effort will also be the most satisfied end result which shows from the healthy and nice coloration from the corals. U guys have achieved tat I hope to achieved it too :)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

I'm gonna get some nice Yumas for my RSM soon... thanks for the inspiration :P

Hummm.... Gonna start a collection of yuma garden, huh ??? :P Looking forward to ur thread of RSM with yet another potential of collection of gems B)

• SRC Member
i will summon upon u 2 b the witness of Bro Lum's dark bright orange cynarina tt

he got it 4 $15 only :cry2: it will be post (i hope he will) in Bro Prata's thread.

$15 only ???? :shock::blink::yeah: he must be well love and well like by tat owner who sold it to him... :P How did u bewitched the owner to sell at this price ?? I also wan lei :lol:

I will go look see look see at prata lover's thread

• SRC Member
not i tt bewitched d owner its himmmmmmmmm :lol:

next time u go cheong with him, must call me along so tat I too can tongbang the cheap cheap gems :lol:

• SRC Member

well said bro.very good infor you have given to us.thks bro. :bow::bow:

• SRC Member

next time u go cheong with him, must call me along so tat I too can tongbang the cheap cheap gems :lol:

i also wanna go!!! :P

• SRC Member

i also wanna go!!! :P

okie okie.... Captain Prata/Cynarina, aka Bro Lum, followed by Storm tropper, Prata lover then CJH then me, will form up a batalion, nickname ' Operation PRA'CYNA' to comb and wipe out $15 cyna and ang ang pratas :lol::D:P

Awaiting for instruction from Captain Lum, Sir :P

• SRC Member

okie okie.... Captain Prata/Cynarina, aka Bro Lum, followed by Storm tropper, Prata lover then CJH then me, will form up a batalion, nickname ' Operation PRA'CYNA' to comb and wipe out $15 cyna and ang ang pratas :lol::D:P

Awaiting for instruction from Captain Lum, Sir :P

ok ok only wen d bell rings than d alarm will activated. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

ok ok only wen d bell rings than d alarm will activated. :eyebrow:

Bro Fishtalk 1517.. :o I become captain? :o I think bro Storm Tropper is the best person ler.. he very familiar with all the pasir ris prata farm and shipment , Also he dun mind come far away from pasir ris to bukit batok to fetch and some send me home.. really appreciate have this kind of friend.. :bow::peace::thanks::bow:

Am i right ? :P:peace:

• SRC Member

Bro Fishtalk 1517.. :o I become captain? :o I think bro Storm Tropper is the best person ler.. he very familiar with all the pasir ris prata farm and shipment , Also he dun mind come far away from pasir ris to bukit batok to fetch and some send me home.. really appreciate have this kind of friend.. :bow::peace::thanks::bow:

Am i right ? :P:peace:

Hey, Captain Lum giving his thank you speech to our Tropper CO lei... Tropper tropper where r u ? :P Seriously, u guys really will go the xtra xtra miles for this passion and hobby. Fishes and corals would be safe hands in ur tanks(prata lover, Lum n Tropper)

I probably need to posta pic to ask u guys on ur opinion whether I should rescape to accomodates the corals ? :huh:

• SRC Member

Hey, Captain Lum giving his thank you speech to our Tropper CO lei... Tropper tropper where r u ? :P Seriously, u guys really will go the xtra xtra miles for this passion and hobby. Fishes and corals would be safe hands in ur tanks(prata lover, Lum n Tropper)

I probably need to posta pic to ask u guys on ur opinion whether I should rescape to accomodates the corals ? :huh:

TROOPER is bz yesterday n back on line bfor u do :lol: .

i got 1 for u here u r indeed a vry nice n humble u r, all d while i've been noticing

u tt been giving ppl with ur words of kindness. well thank you vry much 4 all d nice words u have said really its difficult 4 a person like u to come by n tt doesn't mean tt i'm looking 4 1 but it naturally came frm u urself. ;)

tel u wat call upon ur wife tel her to read this n u know wat, she will b 1 hell of a proud wife of urs if not give urself a big pat on ur back.

go to Bro Prata Lover thread n i said something regrarding ur rescape.

all corals need space when they bloom n not get restricted by d rock.

• SRC Member

I jus felt from the pic and dedications of the work that u guys put in only nia :rolleyes: well, so far, got some reefer came to my hse and sas currently looks ok , maybe like wat u said, prata need space for them to expand. Will reconsider whether to rescape as my wife says she taking leave to help me out with the back breaking work :paiseh:

Maybe can arrange a trip for house to house tank visits. Bro flame tail has been praising non stop abt ur tank :lol: