rhodatics mushrooms fanatics

ambystoma82

• SRC Member

Amby!!! You are back haha thought you disappeared after all you're the most active in this thread.

Well I thought I'll have a last attempt at mushrooms (its always been my dream to have a tank full of them) and so far everything is doing well keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm only interested in the discosoma species so no yumas, rics, or rhodatics for me.

I've got this dark green mushroom with lime green spots... I don't know if you have seen them before as its not posted in this thread so far maybe I might have missed it...

Pic won't help as I duno why the pics turn out in such a blue hue... any ideas?

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

Amby!!! You are back haha thought you disappeared after all you're the most active in this thread.

Well I thought I'll have a last attempt at mushrooms (its always been my dream to have a tank full of them) and so far everything is doing well keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm only interested in the discosoma species so no yumas, rics, or rhodatics for me.

I've got this dark green mushroom with lime green spots... I don't know if you have seen them before as its not posted in this thread so far maybe I might have missed it...

Pic won't help as I duno why the pics turn out in such a blue hue... any ideas?

haha its 62 pages of history bro.. let me search my own collection if got similar fitting description..

but i think the dark green shroom sis nt realli tht rare..

for the blue hue, u can try use picture manager under microsoft to adjust under the color tab..

• SRC Member

Managed to take a pic of the mushroom as I've decided to frag it.

Its not a green as I thought under normal lights. But its damn huge, covering all my other mushrooms in the basket so I decided to cut it in 2.

post-13947-0-79030000-1309869101_thumb.j

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Managed to take a pic of the mushroom as I've decided to frag it.

Its not a green as I thought under normal lights. But its damn huge, covering all my other mushrooms in the basket so I decided to cut it in 2.

poor chap

been a long time since we have nice yumas coming in....

Blue yuma.bmp

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

The 2 halves are trying to fuse back into a disc shape now, hope they can be fused by morning. Will take some pics later as my hp is charging now.

I only buy the cheap mushrooms first or just a single polyp until I have full confidence of keeping the rare ones.

Just noticed 2 of my mushies showing signs of splitting. :yahoo:

The 2 halves are trying to fuse back into a disc shape now, hope they can be fused by morning. Will take some pics later as my hp is charging now.

I only buy the cheap mushrooms first or just a single polyp until I have full confidence of keeping the rare ones.

:welldone:

:welldone:

Anyone has this 2 mushrooms?? :blink:

took me quite a moment to tell the 2nd pic was actually bi colour lolx..

i thought u refering to 2nd post of this thrend...

the color mayb achieve if it gets overlap long enuff.. the 1st one red turn to orange yellow abit difficult lahz lolx..

heres e one from pinacle display tank..

post-2836-0-01891500-1309882372_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

took me quite a moment to tell the 2nd pic was actually bi colour lolx..

i thought u refering to 2nd post of this thrend...

the color mayb achieve if it gets overlap long enuff.. the 1st one red turn to orange yellow abit difficult lahz lolx..

heres e one from pinacle display tank..

What you mean by overlap?

I was wondering if can try cutting 2 diff mushrooms into 2 havles and then letting them fuse together like how they did it with zoos. Do you think it may work?

What you mean by overlap?

I was wondering if can try cutting 2 diff mushrooms into 2 havles and then letting them fuse together like how they did it with zoos. Do you think it may work?

can try but i think chances are slim...

nt to mention on the mucus excrete and u are putting them so close together..

• SRC Member

As promised here is the pic of the green mushroom that I fragged last night.

Noticed that under white lights its quite green but brown when expanded in the earlier pic hmmmmm...

One of the frags have almost fused into a disc, now waiting for the other to recover. Can still see all the exposed tissue, is this normal?

post-13947-0-74731900-1309973246_thumb.j

As promised here is the pic of the green mushroom that I fragged last night.

Noticed that under white lights its quite green but brown when expanded in the earlier pic hmmmmm...

One of the frags have almost fused into a disc, now waiting for the other to recover. Can still see all the exposed tissue, is this normal?

Moniter the one with exposed tissue, normally they will form back a disc within a few days if not it might not make it from my experience... They will start to slime a lot and melt along the way...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Thanks for the advice, I think its trying really hard to fuse back but maybe its too big, cause I spotted it trying to bend its side towards each other but cant managed to join properly.

Maybe I should help place it in a position where both ends are touching together haha.

• SRC Member

Will dip in iodide solution if it still remains like that for another day.

There are many ways of fragging mushrooms, which you can find on youtube.