Chronicle of My Mixed-Reef

loster

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey gouldian, not too much about that :unsure: i lost 3 clams just within this year :cry2:

of course wed still onz :lol:

Roger, see you.

For me, I initially like to have maximas and squamosas but all squamy succumb after several months - still do not know what happened. :( So now, just have to be contented with max.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

FTS took under MH :rolleyes:

Kudos to you to stock up so many zoos in such a short period :eyebrow: very nice

Gary, I assume that your previous few clams was already in very bad state (disturb by angels perviously). They usually can stay alive while using up their reserve energy and suddenly die. It is just stress contributed by angels- i presume so becuase i have 1 clams died due to angels as well previously. :ph34r:

• SRC Member
Kudos to you to stock up so many zoos in such a short period :eyebrow: very nice

Gary, I assume that your previous few clams was already in very bad state (disturb by angels perviously). They usually can stay alive while using up their reserve energy and suddenly die. It is just stress contributed by angels- i presume so becuase i have 1 clams died due to angels as well previously. :ph34r:

hey jeff, i hope this is the case :unsure: hope that it is not rare clam diseases since i have not been adding any clam lately. the big one from your is the last addition. :paiseh:

hehehe... zoa is much easier and beautiful in colour. now i also like some of the leather corals. and i work at kovan and GO is just about 4 bus stop away. can't resist the temptation to drop by there everywhere during my lunch hour :pinch: after bought a few colonies over few months, realized that my tank is too small to keep anymore colonies :pinch:

age.png

• SRC Member
For me, I initially like to have maximas and squamosas but all squamy succumb after several months - still do not know what happened. :( So now, just have to be contented with max.

haha... i have two squamosas... now left with one. i left with 1 maximas and 3 coceas :)

age.png

• SRC Member
Roger, see you.

Joseph,

i only hv that problem with Croceas.. never had problem with squammies and maximas. One of them had been wif me for over 1.5 yrs liao.. i also dun know why suddenly the croceas just die... <_<

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

hey jeff, i hope this is the case :unsure: hope that it is not rare clam diseases since i have not been adding any clam lately. the big one from your is the last addition. :paiseh:

hehehe... zoa is much easier and beautiful in colour. now i also like some of the leather corals. and i work at kovan and GO is just about 4 bus stop away. can't resist the temptation to drop by there everywhere during my lunch hour :pinch: after bought a few colonies over few months, realized that my tank is too small to keep anymore colonies :pinch:

I am into Leathers too :D (not that kinda leather) Those hairy fingers are very nice :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

like this leather corals. only saw such pc from GO :eyebrow:

bro, still cant resist SPS right ? so find something that look like the shape of SPS right!!!!

I am waiting for you to come back full force. the zoa mountain is nice bro!

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
I am into Leathers too :D (not that kinda leather) Those hairy fingers are very nice :)

hahaha... whenever i see the leathers from GO... can't get my eyes off. i have 3 other leathers. one in white-lime green, light green and big one in bluish-green :D

age.png

• SRC Member
bro, still cant resist SPS right ? so find something that look like the shape of SPS right!!!!

I am waiting for you to come back full force. the zoa mountain is nice bro!

i guess you are right jack. the shape keep remind me of sps :pinch: i still like sps... but with the rising of cost electricity, that really put me off.

age.png

99% sure cos i did check on them that time. That's why i suggest not to keep angels :pirate: You must have spent a lot getting exotic corals :upsidedown: Ready to cheong again ? :eyebrow:

Joseph,

i only hv that problem with Croceas.. never had problem with squammies and maximas. One of them had been wif me for over 1.5 yrs liao.. i also dun know why suddenly the croceas just die... <_<

KPO a bit. Chances is that you are not giving enough light as Crocreas are the most light demanding clams. They can stay alive for long time using part of their reserve energy and becomes weaker over time.

• SRC Member
KPO a bit. Chances is that you are not giving enough light as Crocreas are the most light demanding clams. They can stay alive for long time using part of their reserve energy and becomes weaker over time.

u might be right as i place them on the sandbed... i dun like my clams on the rocks leh... <_< ok.. no more croceas... :paiseh:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
99% sure cos i did check on them that time. That's why i suggest not to keep angels :pirate: You must have spent a lot getting exotic corals :upsidedown: Ready to cheong again ? :eyebrow:

hehehe... wanna get some nice true blue zao. managed to convince my friend (mellow) to share it with me :lol: late one day after shipment, and all blue zao were gone :erm: and i know who bought it all :heh::heh::heh:

as for the croceas, i got to place them on the rock (they do better and colour up better also). squammies and maximas, i place them on the sandbed :D

age.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...