Parting Shot

Tanzy

• SRC Member

For those who are curious.

post-22-1065450445.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Full view.

post-22-1065450596.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

From the side. This time with less coralline algae.

post-22-1065450664.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

And my favorite colony. Still yellow/cream with fluorescent pink tips.

post-22-1065450718.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

To a land long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Be back before X'mas. See you guys then.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Alarm system!!! ADT or Chubb?? ... tamper with the main phone line outside the house to cut alarm system communication to security firm. Then wait for 15mins for the alarm to beep beep for line fault....

After that is free for all the cheong liao...kee..kee... :)

Forgot to add...get a pail of water and dump the whole system into the water to stop it from making noise.... :P

I hate the point out this massive flaw in your action plan.

The alarm company will sent the police to his house within 10 mins once the detect a break in communications and there is no rectification within a very short designated time. :D

• SRC Member
I hate the point out this massive flaw in your action plan.

The alarm company will sent the police to his house within 10 mins once the detect a break in communications and there is no rectification within a very short designated time. :D

hmm, once we gain entry, we can scoop every sps out within 3mins and be away! :P

• SRC Member

Theoretically, security firm will get to know about communication line being tempered once the telephone wire is cut and police will be at your door step within 10mins. Thats what they advertised too.

But the truth is they are pulling our legs. We aren't subscribed to a 24hrs monitoring service and in order for 24hrs monitoring service to work, the alarm system need to be hooked up on a ISDN or leased line and not a normal telephone line. The alarm system can only trigger a softer beeping sound to indicate line failure. Unless you have an outdoor siren, or else this beeping sound is hardly heard even outside the main door.... :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Missing pictures have been restored. Larger shots are available from my photo page.

Forgot to add the specs for my tank:

• 4' (75 gallon) glass tank with internal overflow
  • Plenum with #1 sand to total height of 6"
  • Modified ETSS Reef Devil protein skimmer driven by Iwaki MD40R
  • Return and chiller pumps are both Eheim 1060
  • Teco RA680 chiller (Water temperature ranges from 25.5°C to 26.5°C)
  • Korallin 4001 calcium reactor with 10kg Korallith media (approx Ca 400ppm at 10 dKH but fluctuates, max value early morning, low before lights off)
  • Four Tunze Stream 6100 with controller for circulation
  • One 400W Ushio 10000K and one 250W Ushio 10000K, both on Blueline e-ballast.
  • Two 110W URI Superactinic VHO FL on Icecap 660.
Anything I missed out?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

It's good fun to turn on all 4 at a go to clear the tank of detritus!

They are on 10s pulsation 30-100%, 5 minutes tidal. That means they switch from 30% to 100% output and vice versa every 10 seconds with two Streams running at any one time but changing sides every 5 minutes.

post-36-1093875548.jpg