clown fish goes crazy when i swtich on lights ??

my nano tank is on my study table and my study table has fluorescent lgiht tubes across... when i switch on the light, the bigger clownfish will go crazy, darting around and hiding at his fav spot. the smaller one looks okay but will occasionally ki siao with the bigger one.

this strange behavior only started yesterday night... i think it might have something to do with the red bamboo algae and mushrooms i added into my sump tank on wed...

it takes awhile for them to calm down after switching off the lights... and they are still feeding well. whats wrong?? help...

It just that they have a photo shock...

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

haha, should be u cosy cosy in dark dark room with another person.....suddenly people on spot light on you.... panic bo?

that one dun any how say.... nowadays Anti Vice very active....

almost kena.... doing bad for my business...

oh.... can look for me tonight at Changi Village... 9pm onwards.... look for Dalla. :kiss:

okokok...

relax bro.... if they are feeding well.... its normal... maybe some bad habit... fishes are living things as well.... no two fish is the same.....

Unlike other animals, Fishes do not have eyelids and sleep with their eyes open, therefore after getting very used to the dark, and you suddenly on the light, it will temporary blind them, causing them to go into a panic mode, darting in and out everywhere.. Suggest you stop doing that to reduce the stress of the fish.

Do note that doing this is a good way to catch fish out of tank.. cause they cannot see the net..

Unlike other animals, Fishes do not have eyelids and sleep with their eyes open, therefore after getting very used to the dark, and you suddenly on the light, it will temporary blind them, causing them to go into a panic mode, darting in and out everywhere.. Suggest you stop doing that to reduce the stress of the fish.

Do note that doing this is a good way to catch fish out of tank.. cause they cannot see the net..

the alternative/solution/way-of-doing-this to this... maybe u can slowly brighten the tank... maybe one tube first... followed by the next tube 5 minutes later....

if only one tube... maybe u open curtains or u on your room light first loh.....

i see.... they are behaving more normally now... my goby doesn't seem to be affected by it though... oh well. i thought my late studying hours screwed up their body clock or something. coz i need the lights to study...

Wow... sharing the same lights as the fishes.. interesting ...