calcuim

aquarix

hi 2 all the reefer out there...

juz wana know which product is gd for calcuim??? wat i mean is the brand...

me currently using aquapharm... mu LR looks the same as the first day i bought it... only got a little bit coraline aglae... wana make my LR really thick purple coraline algae... will 2 pay more for a better quality....

any recommendation...

thx...

• SRC Member

2 brands that I have used and trust: Seachem and Tropic Marin.

On a sidenote, for coralline to grow well, make sure your parameters for MG/CA/KH are well within the guidelines. If so and you already have a bit of coralline growin, just sit back and it will explode in due time. No need to do much.

• SRC Member

hi aquarix,

i use seachem's reef complete for calcium as it includes magnesium and strontium in the correct ratios, saving me from having to dose those,

and seachem's reefbuilder dissolved in distilled water for alk. once youre past the initial getting to know your tank's consumption rate period, they work well.

it also depends on what type of corals you intend to keep as sps have higher demands for ca and alk than will likely be provided solely by dosings.

well hope that helps.

cheers,

ian

i have some bad experience with the following:

1. tropic marine bio-calcium

tends not to dissolve well in plain water, after mixing into the tank, cloud the whole tank. though it does clear up in a while

2. seachem

don't know why, it doesn't fully dissolve. left some residue behind

now i am using kent marine turbo calcium. find it the best among all. no residue, dissolve well, but expensive

;)

• SRC Member

tends not to dissolve well in plain water, after mixing into the tank, cloud the whole tank. though it does clear up in a while

;)

I thou TM bio Ca is direct sprinkle into tank water? Mine dissolve very well when sprinkle in my sump tank. The powder dissolve completely even before the have the chance to touch the bottom of my sump tank.

2. seachem

don't know why, it doesn't fully dissolve. left some residue behind

now i am using kent marine turbo calcium. find it the best among all. no residue, dissolve well, but expensive

;)

bro Tigger is right, TM bio-calcium should be sprinkle in or mixed with tank water not fresh water :P

• SRC Member

I use aquapharm only without any problem. After finishing 1 bottle of calcium and buffer, my coraline algae are growing very well.

Don't think the product is the problem, you probably have other problems with your tank. Better check your water parameters.