need advice again.. paisay!

• SRC Member

i first of all.... i need to tanks all bros here for helping me in term of advices for my up and coming set up.......

however im sorry that i still need a few tip from u all....

currently........the following is what i had

lighting

1) 24w t5 light deltec brand 2 tube.... 1 blue 1 white

2) pl 55w b/w

3) pl18w for sump

filter

1) 2ft diy sumpwith build in ref

2) via aqua hang on skimmer behind sump

3) build in uv filter in skimmer 5watt

4) glass cr 600g...

5) bio home 300g...

6) carbon 500g...

cooling

1) resun 450(bought already... havent collect)

other

1) return pump.... sicce idra...1300l/h

2) eheim 2215 650l/h (using it to power wave maker)

3) hydro flo (wave maker)

4) live rock 25kg (bought already... havent collect)

stand

1) w iron stand......painted 2 layer of prima.... and 4 layer of black paint....

to prevent rust

tank

here is the problem....... currently i have a nisso 2x1x1.5 tank.....

i was wondering whether i can put a tank of 2x1x2(10mm) ... is it possible???

the only thing im worry is the weight of the 2x1x2 tank..... it will be damn heavy.....

can my 2ft stand tahan?????? as the 2 ft stand is the normal w iron type...

so can any one advice on the following?

1) my tank????

2) thinking of adding another skimmer to the set up..... macro 150?

3) and any other advice!!!!! thanks!

• SRC Member

Imo... you might want to consider getting another new wooden stand...

Your tank sounds ok... can be a great nano

The skimmer sounds fine...for a nano

You might want to leave out the idea of having a DSB.. as ur tank is not that big,,,,,, you could have a barebottom tank... this is my opinion only.... anything can PM me,,,... hope it helps

• SRC Member
Imo... you might want to consider getting another new wooden stand...

Your tank sounds ok... can be a great nano

The skimmer sounds fine...for a nano

You might want to leave out the idea of having a DSB.. as ur tank is not that big,,,,,, you could have a barebottom tank... this is my opinion only.... anything can PM me,,,... hope it helps

THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!!!!!

wooden stand?... u mean......

i go with 2x1x2ft tank

?... or remain with 2x1x1.5ft?.....

the iron stand really cannot make it?

why not dsb???

thanks!

• SRC Member

Aiya;

Your stand can tahan the weight. It is just that w-iron will corrode in one way or the other. Oxidation of iron does not happens from outside, it comes from inside too, they are hollow you know. Over time, it happens. Marine tank make it faster...

By then you will have a lousy time shifting the tank and reconfigure it mah.

Sand-wise, I cannot live without it, so ugly to go bare bottom :o

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

"Aiya;

Your stand can tahan the weight. It is just that w-iron will corrode in one way or the other. Oxidation of iron does not happens from outside, it comes from inside too, they are hollow you know. Over time, it happens. Marine tank make it faster...

By then you will have a lousy time shifting the tank and reconfigure it mah.

Sand-wise, I cannot live without it, so ugly to go bare bottom '

thanks for replying bro!!!!!!

i understand that oxidation take place both inside and outside.......

but my stand is tightly "seal"... means that no air or water can get into the inside.....

is thats ok?.... or will that prolong the life of the stand?... thanks!

any any other bros advice on my set up?

thanks a million

:bow:

• SRC Member

i'm havins a 2by 1.5 by 1.5 ft tank on a wrought iron stand and it's been fine so far..(fingers crossed)..

Justn make sure the stand is according to the whole base area of your tank and not smaller.

For extra support you could get a thick piece of plywood to place beneath the styrafoam for your main tank. I regret not doing that. I only did it for my sump tank. :P

• SRC Member
i'm havins a 2by 1.5 by 1.5 ft tank on a wrought iron stand and it's been fine so far..(fingers crossed)..

Justn make sure the stand is according to the whole base area of your tank and not smaller.

For extra support you could get a thick piece of plywood to place beneath the styrafoam for your main tank. I regret not doing that. I only did it for my sump tank. :P

okok thanks alot bro......

i will go get a piece of wood!!!!!!!

for both the tanks and sump :)!!!!!

any bro here got any other advice?.....

whereher to dsb or not????? for my sump and main tank

• SRC Member

well... for a dsb in such a small tank... wont look that nice lei... erm... you can probably go for a shallow sandbed... but u must regularly syphen dust that settle on it..... and get a small brittle star to shift the sand around a little....

• SRC Member
well... for a dsb in such a small tank... wont look that nice lei... erm... you can probably go for a shallow sandbed... but u must regularly syphen dust that settle on it..... and get a small brittle star to shift the sand around a little....

thanks for the advice!!!

i was thinking have dsb in my ref grade 0...... and the main tank.... sand bed around 2.5 to 3 inch...... with grade 1 sand........ can?

• SRC Member

if u want to sleep well, go out peacefully without thinking that the wrought stand collaspe...go for customised cabinet.

look into long term hobby rather thank short term...saltwater can make your wrought stand rust. Don't tell me ..everyday, u need to check here and there to ensure nothing happens?

hope these help!:D