Lumenarc reflectors - does it heat it more than

hamannbmw

Simon, if don't have the exhaust kit then better not put in the tempered glass as all the heat is contain inside and might overheat. I saw your bulb holder, made of some resin, not sure if that can withstand the heat built up or not.

Anyway here's some data extracted from my IKS. This is before my chiller servicing so run time is a little long, now with 3x250W full blast only requires 36mins run time for 1 cycle. From the data the luminarc doesn't seems to throw a lot of heat into the tank but if you stand near the tank personally you'll feel the heat too.

This seems no problem for the artica 1/2hp commerical chiller even when the coolant is low but for weaker chiller that will cause it to run non-stop and temp slowly creeping up. This reminds me of the Reef relief chiller *pengz*

I guess the choice for chiller is very obvious now. Still remember someone claims the artica chiller using very standard parts and the other brand having very long Titanium coil etc? At the end of the day, can cool down or not is the most important, we are not interested in who has the longest stuffs... if cannot perform, got longest also useless ma.

I agree with Stanley that adding fan will help ease the load on the chiller.

12/8 I still running my aqualight, then 12/8 evening upgraded to LA3.

I randomly select pairs of data matching close to the time of the day for the two days.

Aqualight 2x250W DE + 1x150W DE

date time temp

12/8 13:53 26.8 cooldown 50 mins

14:43 26.2

14:43 26.2 heatup 79 mins

16:02 26.8

Luminarc LA3 mini 3x250W HQL ballast.

date time temp

14/8 12:22 26.9 cooldown 122 mins

14:24 26.2

14:24 26.2 heatup 52mins

15:16 26.9

• SRC Member

WL , So its prettty obvious that Lumenarc heat up the water faster than other reflector and it makes yr chiller working harder to chill down the tank

extract from yr table.

Aqualight : Lumenarc

heating up - 79 / 52 min

cooling down - 50 / 122 min

STanley, putting fan will makes the water evoporates faster, anyway its ok for me since I have a auto top up. BTW, the fan u refering is those meant for fish tank right... or KDK fan :lol:

• SRC Member
WL , So its prettty obvious that Lumenarc heat up the water faster than other reflector and it makes yr chiller working harder to chill down the tank

extract from yr table.

Aqualight : Lumenarc

heating up - 79 / 52 min

cooling down - 50 / 122 min

STanley, putting fan will makes the water evoporates faster, anyway its ok for me since I have a auto top up. BTW, the fan u refering is those meant for fish tank right... or KDK fan :lol:

Those Toyu type. You can get from Sim Lim Towel or Kelantan Lane hardware shops. ;)

kDk is too big. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Jus got hold of this cheong Lumenarc. It has exactly the same measurement right up to the bending angle and shape.

Will pos pics of the original when my friend finish playing with it. Meanwhile here are some pics of the DEmenarc,

post-17-1129361939.jpg