Atlantis lifestyle

• SRC Member

lots of reefers are hav a more better filtration system here as compared to the atlantis one...but still..maintenance is needed almost every 2 daes?? :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

well u decide if u wanna believe in commercial claims. plenty of these ard... wud be perfect if no maintenance required rite...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
Thanks...got it....

As I will be starting my renovation at my new house soon. I need to source for a tank setup to integrate into the cabinet.

i sugest you also go into the member threads to see how they set up their tank......you can see for yourself, how a REAL tank maker do his job.... ;)

Nice to see.... but maybe more suitable for freshwater....? Marine setups need a lot more 'support' and 'maintenance' especially with the true saying... the bigger the tank, the more stable it will be.

• SRC Member
What size is recomended for a marine tank?

The general concensus for this is... if you are REALLY serious... buy the biggest you can afford (factor in the WHOLE setup and running costs) and the biggest your house can take...

Reason for this is because if you are really serious about it you will always want to upgrade to a bigger tank... so starting off with a really small one is just going to cost you more in the long run...

Also smaller tanks (nanos) tend to be more difficult for beginners although not impossible because the water parameters tend to be more difficult to regulate...

• SRC Member
Hi Black tortoise

I am on an Atlantis setup. Feel free to pm me to discuss about their setup...

I will share with you all the things i have gone through.. :blink:

thats the attitude bro! :lol:

Hi Hi, I am also using Atlantis Setup......sigh......and am now trying to improve the system.

I think the Atlantis setup is SO basic that you probably need to add on quite a fair bit of things to get it running better. Limited room for upgrade. As one of the bros here who have seen my tank said 'if you are happy with what you have...so be it" I WAS initially happy with it till SRC came into my life........ :D

As I go along, I started to learn more from the bros here and materials on the web and realised that the so called basic setup is inadequate and the almost maintenance free tank....a myth. I have now...."I think" happier and survived tank mates and a much more beautiful tank. Thanks to the advices and lessons learnt from this forum. :bow:

I think the advices given above are absolutely true and that you should go and source for real tank makers. Not only will they save you money but also save you the heartaches of watching your fishes perish......

And yes, do not believe when people use the phrash..."Maintenance FREE" !!!!

Good luck !!

Hi Earth,

The things that I did were things that I was adviced as "dont have to do" by the company.

1) I added a in-tank Aqua Marin Skimmer.

2) Bought a fan to lower the temp

3) Testkits for testing water parameter. Recently found out that my dKH was like way off the scale.

4) IMPTLY - CHANGE WATER, once a month. Now considering whether to change it bimonthly. Water changes do make the fish happier.

Hmmm.. still exploring how to make this better. hehe.

• SRC Member

Hi Greywolf

I added the following:

1) a custom made beckett skimmer and placed it in the overflow compartment on top of the coral chips

2) a fan to cool down thw system

3) a tunze 6060 to circulate the water

4) trying to add more LR, no time to go shop.. :D

5) trying to change water more frequently :D

6) add in rhowaphos in coffee bag dumped into the water return compartment (don't know it helps or not...) ;)

7) add polyfilter into the water return compartment too... <_<

heavy additional investment..... :(

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Thanks...got it....

As I will be starting my renovation at my new house soon. I need to source for a tank setup to integrate into the cabinet.

hi wonder hv u source out which company to do your marine tank?are you taking atlantis one?

can share yo experience?if its not to troublesome mayb can sms me @98453428 and we can discuss more thru phone.

thx.

Earth, that sounds like INVESTMENTS !!! Any photo to show how the tank look like currently ? I may try to take some to share.

Mag - Nice talking to you over the phone. As mentioned, do find out alittle more from this amazing forum and you will learn alot more faster.

• SRC Member
Hi Greywolf

I added the following:

1) a custom made beckett skimmer and placed it in the overflow compartment on top of the coral chips

2) a fan to cool down thw system

3) a tunze 6060 to circulate the water

4) trying to add more LR, no time to go shop.. :D

5) trying to change water more frequently :D

6) add in rhowaphos in coffee bag dumped into the water return compartment (don't know it helps or not...) ;)

7) add polyfilter into the water return compartment too... <_<

heavy additional investment..... :(

Wow! bro me also did the same thing.

1. Tunze 6060

2. Resun FR1000 ~ AquaZ Phos

3. More LRs.

4. Remove all corals chips and replace with Aqua Clay media.

5. AquaC Remora Pro run by Aquabee 2000/1

6. RR 0.5Chiller

7. Return pump change to Aquabee 3000 to run chiller

8. Remove all sand and replace with grade 0 sand. Creating DSB in the main tank.

9. Lousy 3' t5 NO to DIY T5 HO

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

Saw the tank at atlantis, really blend very well in their interior design.

I suspect their marine tank are more of concept living which does not include maintening the reef aquarium.

I myself sees alot of equipment as a eye sore if left outside the tank. What the point of a nice reef tank if it screw up the interior design of the house. Whats the point if the maintenance of the tank frequently flood the living room.

Again, if you are a beginner, customising the tank to fit in a cabinet make pose problem later if you decide to give up hobby.

If money is not an issue, get a good ID, and a good tank maker, bring them together, you get the best of both world. Good ID >50K, Good Tank maker >3K. Let the ID take care of what in the house and Tank maker inside the tank.

Starting a reef tank is easy, maintaining it is tougher.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.