RAV-65's Reef Haven...

RAV-65

Blue face angels quite good boy one, it's the other type not so colorful one then need to kill.

I also think w/o center bracing would be easier to maintain, maybe use thicker glass and thicker side bracings.

okie lah...

let me check with my tank-maker and see wat he says.... hopefully with thicker bracings can do without the centre brace... :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Yeah count me in too...need to do my 'orientation dive' soon...before I head out to the ocean. :D

Hor lah, hor lah...

You and kelstorm do a "lovers" dive in my tank together lah.... if my tank breaks, gotta replace me with one dat's 15mm hor.... coz two of you share cost! :D

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

okie lah...

let me check with my tank-maker and see wat he says.... hopefully with thicker bracings can do without the centre brace... :D

Buy angels.. Big tanks without angels is like a waste.

Bought a few recently but that @#$%& elbli angel peck at my green birdnest.

No choice liao. Have to live with it. But the rest so far not naughty.

Blue face not naughty lah. Only thing is when grow big. maybe a headache.

Need alot of swimming space so will never peck or worst knock down corals.

:lol:

Bought a few recently but that @#$%& elbli angel peck at my green birdnest.

No choice liao. Have to live with it. But the rest so far not naughty.

Bro,

recently no SPS shipment den you chiong fish shipment ah??! :D

Pecking/nibbling angel??? Dat's why until now I avoid lor... only got a Golden Angel dat comes out once in a while... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
You and kelstorm do a "lovers" dive in my tank together lah....

dun wan lah.. i shy :paiseh::lol::lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Finalised....

Tink I'll keep the original plain of a 5'x2.5'x2.5' tank... The 5'x3' really presents another set of problems... ;)

I still think you should reconsider... :)

IMO, it's worth sacrificing some cabinet space for the external overflow to have a wider tank.

Besides, in your original plan, your overflow is at the rear. How will you ever reach into overflow compartment for whatever reason as the tank is up against the wall with cabinets on both sides?

I still think you should reconsider... :)

IMO, it's worth sacrificing some cabinet space for the external overflow to have a wider tank.

Besides, in your original plan, your overflow is at the rear. How will you ever reach into overflow compartment for whatever reason as the tank is up against the wall with cabinets on both sides?

Its an option that really tempts me, but there are also other factors, like if the tank is 3' depth and my overflow 8 inches, the facade will be built about 4 feet away from the wall, den my little tank area becomes super cramp.... with the sofa in, as you can see from the pic in page one, no space for me to fiddle with stuffs over there liao... :(

Anyway, thank for your reminder coz I know a 3' depth tank would indeed be spectacular! :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
actually juz doing a lighting rack whereby I can push the lights one side to access the tank... :P

Daimy068 got a nice one set-up for his tank mah... :)

Sorry to hijack u thread. :off:

where can i get the parts or workman for the lightings rack???

btw thanks for the Orange RIC (the one i got from u before your spanish trip) :thanks:

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Sorry to hijack u thread. :off:

where can i get the parts or workman for the lightings rack???

btw thanks for the Orange RIC (the one i got from u before your spanish trip) :thanks:

I also dunno bro... that's why asking Daimy068 to help out... if u need it urgently... maybe can check with him... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Its an option that really tempts me, but there are also other factors, like if the tank is 3' depth and my overflow 8 inches, the facade will be built about 4 feet away from the wall, den my little tank area becomes super cramp.... with the sofa in, as you can see from the pic in page one, no space for me to fiddle with stuffs over there liao... :(

Anyway, thank for your reminder coz I know a 3' depth tank would indeed be spectacular! :)

My suggestion would be to position your external overflow boxes on the sides and not at the rear where you can't reach. You would just need to give up some cabinet space. And the overflow only needs to be 6" to minimise intrusion into your cabinet. Not necessary for it to be 8".

Your tank-sofa area remains unchanged. Plus you end up with a tank that's 38" wide (front to back)! :yeah:

wow like that you got problem accessing your overflow liao.

Accessing the overflow is tedious, but not impossible.... just that I got stuff on both side of tank... :(

Scarab have advised me to make sure my dursos are removable, so that if any fishes get trapped there, I can try my luck by taking out the durso and allowing the water to all flow into the sump and to recapture my fish in the sump compartment.

Though it may not be as ideal as I would love it to be, it's probably my best option....

I probably have to install some metal "handle" on the wall so that I can have a grip when accessing the back with a ladder... <_<

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Accessing the overflow is tedious, but not impossible.... just that I got stuff on both side of tank... :(

Scarab have advised me to make sure my dursos are removable, so that if any fishes get trapped there, I can try my luck by taking out the durso and allowing the water to all flow into the sump and to recapture my fish in the sump compartment.

Though it may not be as ideal as I would love it to be, it's probably my best option....

I probably have to install some metal "handle" on the wall so that I can have a grip when accessing the back with a ladder... <_<

U win bro.... ;)

I'm back to the drawing board again.... tink my tank maker is going crazy... :P

Like I say, very very tempted to do a 3' depth.... I hope it wun kill me ( rock-scaping, coral placement... )

But this is no kidding matter..... will seriously tink over it.... <_<

post-34-1105890976.jpg

That's what I am doing now.