plankton light reactor

ZeRoC00l

• SRC Member

right on AT, was looking at those pearls to try- if u wanna split your current batch- let us know. wat abt small ziplock bags? i got some very small that can hold 10g/20g/30g/50g.

chanbi also interested in the pearls & BB?? right chanbi?

brineshrimp.direct starting to sell Live algae cultures this month(they still choosing the strains)- details on sales & description still not up on the site,that's why i'm waitting.

Freezing of any living tissue containing water will usually kill it,In short the water crystals forming within the cells will rupture the walls- human,animal or plant !heh heh discovery ch. comes in handy! :D

• SRC Member

True, trying to freeze algae in untreated fresh/seawater will rupture the cell walls rendering them unsuitable for most zooplankton culture/feed. But there exists treatment forms that allow freezing without cell wall rupture. Check out the use of glycerin which is safe for human consumption.

Discovery channel helps, but sometimes it also pay to read between the lines, and understand the constraints of those statements. duh

Edwin Lam

Yes.. Brandon. Have PM AT and asking him how he plan to sell his golden pearls. But i will still be getting other stuff from BSD. So do still let me know when u are ready.

btw, after reading Susan plankton culture, i am interested to start a small experiment and planning to get some mature plankton from AT to kickstart. But i am still trying to figure out how much is the shipping cost for the fertilizer from florida farm?

• SRC Member

this is the nearest source to us i've come across for starting cultures- its in aussie dollars so not much diff in conversion.

www.marine.csiro.au/microalgae/supply

contact e-mails are also listed there

other than this its U.S souces-with higher freight charges.

chanbi/phang, will pm u regards to the other products when ready. ;)

• SRC Member

I'm interested in getting Golden Pearls too but what size of pearls are you guys getting? 80-100 microns?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Tanzy, golden pearls come in below sizes..

Active Spheres Golden Pearls 20-80 microns

Clusters Golden Pearls 60-100 microns

Rotifer Size Golden Pearls 100-200 microns (Rotifer / Artemia Replacement)

Artemia Size "1" Golden Pearls 200-300 microns (Artemia Replacement)

Artemia Size "2" Golden Pearls 300-500 microns

Weaning Diet Golden Pearls 500-800 microns

Juvenile Diet Golden Pearls 800-1000 microns

And AT has some spare Active spheres/clusters to sell away in small qty. And i am planning to get some from him and at the same time, buy the rotifer size from BSD.

• SRC Member

I was at their website but everything seems to be out of stock. :blink:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

I will be documenting my tank to chart the progress of growth of corals, sponges, gorgonians, sea fans, tubeworms etc with live phytoplankton and rotifer feeding.

We'll see whether my effort to provide the best of natural and nutritious feeding pays off. :)

post-7-1037908366.jpg

• SRC Member

Can you imagine people actually drink that stuff!!!

Gross man! puke.gif

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

There are lots of algae supplements out there for human comsumption. ;)

Disgusting!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

AT,

Will be bec in Dec. :D

You guys better pour what he serves you into his tank.

post-36-1093875548.jpg