How to connect rubber hose to PVC pipes and Pumps

How do those who uses rubber hose connect the rubber hose to the pump outlet?

Use cable tie? Jus melt the hose slightly then fit on? Use those metal ring which has a screw to tighten the hose to pipes or pump outlet? Use those white tapes for keeping the threads of PVC pipes leak proof?

Pls advice...

I tried burning, then use silicon then use cable tie to secure the hose to the pump outlet... But i think the outlet is too small for the hose so after 1 nite of running, the hose came out... Anyone has got other advice? Are there any place that sells parts that can change the diameter of the pump outlet or the hose or PVC pipings???

well why not go for stainless steel hose clip..???

and as for hose to pvc just go buy those pvc hose adapter will do.. :D

Hi Alanseah,

Do you think stainless steel is safe for reef tank?

Will it leach? Since from my limited knowledge, stainless steel are steel treated with chromium.

So if it does leach what will the consequences be?

TIA ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Hi Alanseah,

Do you think stainless steel is safe for reef tank?

Will it leach? Since from my limited knowledge, stainless steel are steel treated with chromium.

So if it does leach what will the consequences be?

TIA ;)

well that I wont know me not a chem guy...

but if the clip is true stainless steel I dont find any issue to it... cause it wont rust...

Thanks bro. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

well that I wont know me not a chem guy...

but if the clip is true stainless steel I dont find any issue to it... cause it wont rust...

actually SS will still rust after a while.. just not as quickly as normal steel.. but should last you long enough...

Back to the topic.. for me I managed to find some screw in hose adapters which fited perfectly with the screw in threads of one of the parts of the PVC accesories..

i use cable tie....but before that, i use the PVC pipe cement to cement the rubber hose to a PVC pipe then connect to the pump, reinforce with cable tie.

Can I find those PVC glue at hardware shops?

Currently connecting the hose to my pump outlet with cable tie... Tie really hard... Only prob is everyday still worry abt it coming out... so looking for a beta option... seems like the glue may help solve my prob... thanks guys...

• SRC Member

Can I find those PVC glue at hardware shops?

Currently connecting the hose to my pump outlet with cable tie... Tie really hard... Only prob is everyday still worry abt it coming out... so looking for a beta option... seems like the glue may help solve my prob... thanks guys...

Just go to any shop that sells piping..The one that I use comes in a little orange tin with a white cap.

If I rem correctly it's with some japanese writing.

• SRC Member

If it is out of water application, then use stainless steel 316 hose clips lor. But now SS316 can be difficult to find as too expensive and shops not willing to keep stock. If in water application, use PVC hose adapter with barbed end to hold the hose or use the plastic hose clams or use titanium hose clips lor, but have to order fron the USA. Just being a bit more ' chiem ' thats all. :P

• SRC Member

All metals will rust including Gold.

For marine offshore application SS304,316,321 (and others) are all being used at different locations depending on the intensity of the corrosive elements and stresses exposure. The best is of course to utilise titanium.

For practicality and cost savings however, various grades of SS are still being used and won't be replaced anytime in the near future.

Thus, for the purpose of fasterners of the hoses, SS304 is good enough as it is not directly in contact with saltwater.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread