How will it affect the color of SPS if p04 = 0

look guys this is not a debate whether what works, don't think fr my replies, I have provided any slightest hint on what worksMY objective is whether I can dose sugar with zeovit and see VISIBILY if my algae situation got any better. I am still on zeovit with Vital Bacter dosing zeobak and zeofood 4 drops per 100 gallon once weekly now. Why I am using Marc Weiss? because I want to try it out. To me both zeostart & vital Bacter seems similar in functionality, I can switch to Zeostart NP. It might help but nobody knows for now..

It might be true my LR is leaching P, I dunno as I can't measure P with definite results with Salifert. But one thing is true, my macro algae is flourishing and sps colors looks good as well. Have posted a few pics of my corals for swops and stuffs like that before in this forum and defintely my sps are not brownish for that matter.

Anyways, its been 18hrs since I started dosing 1/2 teaspoon of sugar into my 600L display tank. Notice nothing exept that skim mate has darkened considerably. I will try to post any significant 'discoveries' separately.

Cheers

Danny Lim

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno man, I never tried but I think the Tried and Tested method of dosing Zeostart is a better option.  :D

At least we get a Zeovit guide to let us know what to expect.

For Sugar, I dun think SIS or any sugar manufacturer ever printed guides on reefing let alone intructions on maintaning great parameters with sugar dosage. ;)

got lah, if you overdose sugar then in the long run you might get diabetes...

Alfa, didn't know there is a stage 20 in zeovit, someone invented that recently?? But very very nice photos of your hyanchitus from the photo of your tank last nice :nc:

Danny, zeostart does more than just bringing down N & P, continued dosing (at the right amount) in conjunction with AAHC and with zeostart2 gives you metallic colored acros while zeostart1 gives pastel colored acros.

• SRC Member

got lah, if you overdose sugar then in the long run you might get diabetes...

Alfa, didn't know there is a stage 20 in zeovit, someone invented that recently?? But very very nice photos of your hyanchitus from the photo of your tank last nice :nc:

Danny, zeostart does more than just bringing down N & P, continued dosing (at the right amount) in conjunction with AAHC and with zeostart2 gives you metallic colored acros while zeostart1 gives pastel colored acros.

Weileong, stage 20 is just an exageration lah just to prove a point. So far, I have heard of only stage 4 which you have succeeded in establishing beautifully. Congrats on such a beautiful tank. 2 thumbs up :)

My recent photo dunt have the hyacinthus wat.. which photo r u referring to?

post-22-1125725000.jpg

• SRC Member

Danny,

Love the way you handle :P

The most important is your mind, not us.

Respect your decision, and your courage.

IME, Sugar is just to make a cup of COFFEE, Definately can't compare with full range of zerovit at all.

And sugar method needs a lot more skill than zerovit, especially if you had not equipments to test out, only your eyes and mind. Like every1 here said, zerovit has proven and come with guide.

For sugar, come on man, the whole year of dosing sugar, cost less than 1S$, who the hell going to write guide. Even if every reefer ( in the world ) buy suger from the person who will write guide, he will die from hunger befer he able to finish the guide.

So please these 2 things are not compareable at all.

White elephant and micky mouse is not much. May be I should had used as

White elephant and mouse in the rice field.

So let this thread clean ( It's clean anyway ), not to discuss or compare this two.

Please do keep us inform about ur experimental.

Happy Reefing.

PS. If you failed, you could claim because you have no guide to read :P JK

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

after trying hard to raise the p04 yesterday, finally manage to raise it to 0.03... which is a gd range..

but then this morning measure again, p04 drop back to zero. sianz...

now throwing in all kind of high nutrient food into the tank to make my p04 raise..

This is the 10,000th post in SPS/Advanced forum :P

Hey Alan, when you raise the PO4, did you notice any colour changes to the SPS? :huh:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Hmm yeah didn't think of that

Really want to see how PO4 can affect SPS colours :P

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif