very new to marine aquarium

i also wanna set a marine. but i wanna set a 3ft by 2 ft by 3ft(h).

i jus wanna keep corals. May i know how long does it take to let the water 'run' with the filter? and what do i need to buy first? jus to 'run' the water.

i stay in sengkang.. if anyone keen to help, can jus tell me. or anyone have that size of tank to sell of or give away.

• SRC Member
i also wanna set a marine. but i wanna set a 3ft by 2 ft by 3ft(h).

i jus wanna keep corals. May i know how long does it take to let the water 'run' with the filter? and what do i need to buy first? jus to 'run' the water.

i stay in sengkang.. if anyone keen to help, can jus tell me. or anyone have that size of tank to sell of or give away.

Hi bro,

U want to have a 3 feet tall tank? U will have problem scrubbing the algae near the bottom of the panel!!! :P

Anyway, good luck!!! :)

• SRC Member

i guess for your tank spec, putting it in a room, you would want a small and compacted tank. I would recommend the nano cube tank.

It comes in 1 feet and 2 feet, with covers, filtration, lights and even cooler fans. The price is slightly higher ( saw at pasir ris selling abt 130) but its compact and nice. It is easy to maintain but for the tank to work, you must restirct yourself; know the limit of corals inside and perform water change dutifully.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

hmm.. i guess i would start buying the things i need. then slowly stock. :D

i use a 1.5 amd my fishes are happily swimming around,hahaha,u also can get skimmers for just $10 as someone asked formally.there's also alot of space for corals,i just bought a starfish but it went MISSING!!!! :lol::erm::unsure:

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

i use a 1.5 amd my fishes are happily swimming around,hahaha,u also can get skimmers for just $10 as someone asked formally.there's also alot of space for corals,i just bought a starfish but it went MISSING!!!! :lol::erm::unsure:

i see.

-may i know what fishes you keep?

-what test do u do(for ur water)

-what equipments u use?

maybe getting a clown after my exams..

but first i have to get cheap and good test kit and skimmer first..

anyone? any recommendations? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

first of all start of with smaller fishes such as clowns,clowns from batam

only cost about 1 dollar.and theres protien skimmer for 10 dollars and a

buy a ph test kit about 10 dollar,readymade water for 1dollar,and food for 4 dollars,sand for 8 dollars.this only applies for an 1.5 X1.5 feet tank.

its small but efficiant.If yor tank is bigger,times the total amount by by the size of your tank,haha does'nt that make sense!!

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member
first of all start of with smaller fishes such as clowns,clowns from batam

only cost about 1 dollar.and theres protien skimmer for 10 dollars and a

buy a ph test kit about 10 dollar,readymade water for 1dollar,and food for 4 dollars,sand for 8 dollars.this only applies for an 1.5 X1.5 feet tank.

its small but efficiant.If yor tank is bigger,times the total amount by by the size of your tank,haha does'nt that make sense!!

Er...

Are you serious about it??

What brand of test kit u buy for 10 bucks :blink: ?

wat are the tests included