Prata skeleton coming out

prec

Feed it ample at night when its feeding tentacles are out. Control your silicate and phosphate levels, if algae like diatoms grow on the exposed part of the skeleton it will be harder for the tissue to grow back over it.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

FuEl:

I tried these when diatoms grow over the exposed part of the coral. I took a nail clipper and clip away the calcium bone that's covered with diatoms so the the fresh can once again grow over and it works.

Cautions: Pls don't cut the fresh.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

FuEl:

I tried these when diatoms grow over the exposed part of the coral. I took a nail clipper and clip away the calcium bone that's covered with diatoms so the the fresh can once again grow over and it works.

Cautions: Pls don't cut the fresh.

same here.

• SRC Member

bro...sorry to hijack ... :paiseh:

i have the same problem here.

bot a prata about a month ago, but till now have not seen its feeding tentancles being out at all, and its mouth closed tightly.

2 weeks ago i rescape my LR....and the prata must have got stressed, now some part of skeleton exposed and have algae growing on it.

can i do the samething by cutting off those part of skeleton that have algae growing on it??

and how can i feed it if it tentacles does not come out?

:thanks::thanks:

• SRC Member
bro...sorry to hijack ... :paiseh:

i have the same problem here.

bot a prata about a month ago, but till now have not seen its feeding tentancles being out at all, and its mouth closed tightly.

2 weeks ago i rescape my LR....and the prata must have got stressed, now some part of skeleton exposed and have algae growing on it.

can i do the samething by cutting off those part of skeleton that have algae growing on it??

and how can i feed it if it tentacles does not come out?

:thanks::thanks:

Bro try getting it to feed first.

Place it in a low flow area. Then place a piece of prawn on top near the ###### opening and wait... That'll prob help. It'll take the meat slowly.

If not... then maybe water is abt off try to do some test. Pratas are pretty hardy and easy once their basics hav been met. ;)

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy