Starting a new 3' x 2.5' x 2.5' Tank (FO with LR)

Apurva

Hello!

Nice to see a active forum! BTW I am about to start a new tank of 4' x 2.5' x 2.5' 12mm Thick glass tank. I previously had a 3' x 1' x 2'(H) tank. I think its high time i get a bigger one. The problem i am facing is of space inside my house hence have to go for such dimention. The contents of the tank will be:

In Tank sump (trickle) which will get water input from Eheim 2217 Canister Filter and Sanders Protein skimmer. The bottom of the sump will be connected to a EHEIM powerhead 1000L/hr which will flow in the tank.

One 2000l/Hr Jun powerhead for water movement.

30Kg LR

40Kg Coral sand

4 Pieces of Artifical Corals for Landscape

Some Base rocks if needed.

For lightning will use 4nos of 2 feel Azoo Coral Bue and Pink Tubelights.

:huh: I am getting the EHEIM from a friend oif mine who is running it in his tank for about 8 months now. He is closing his setup so will be picking up his EHEIM and Coral sand. I am even planning to take the water from him (50G) which will be well amtured and add more water since my tank will be around 150G. DO u guys support this? If no should I also Clean dry the Coral Sand and the EHEIM before using it in my tank?

:huh: I need some advice on the in tank Sump (trickle) too, I am plannin to make it 4" x 4" in the right corner of the tank. The contents will be Carbon Pad in the top shelf, Bio Balls in the middle shelp and Ceramic Rings in the bottom shelf. There wont be a UG in the tank. Will this Sump suffice the needs of the bacterial colonys?

Awaiting your reply. Will post the pics as and how the tank progresses.

Regards

P.S.: Kindly Ignore Grammatical Errors!

• SRC Member

bro...are u saying that u are going to use a ehiem 100l/h pump to be ur return pump??? if that is the case..it is too small....n since u are using a sump system..y still use a canister filter for?? :lol:

my 2 cents..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

1000L too small to be use as a return for a 4feet la.

Mine's a 3 feet and my return is 2400L, Sometimes still think not enuff...

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

Guys! I missed on it! It is a IN TANK SUMP. So i wont be pumping water to a higher level. I will be needing the sump just to push the water outside the sump into the tank thats all. I was thinking of 1000LHr output cause the input will be arund 1100L/Hr. The excess 100L in the input will be used in the delay for the trickle,evaporation, etc. Getting it?