hamannbmw

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hi Bro hamannbmw,

I can offer help should u require more. Just let me know :P

Can't wait to see ur final scaping........

u should still have my hp no. Just let me know.

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
woah.... really cant sleep thinking about ur rescape ha??  :P

bro, u can buy double beckett, dual chamber cr and ts-24 then now u r looking for cheap epoxy? :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

yesterday slept at 3am <_< , was thinking what rockscape i want , 2 tower ? valley ? slope ? well, alot depends on the "rescape artist" too :lol: .

The cheap epoxy is for building legs on base rocks lar... if its too troublesome, i'll probably use PVC stand. I think PVC stand doesnt collect as much detritus as egg crate :(

Then you'll be thinking of whether the pvc stand can hold all the rocks, how to make the structure, how much pvc to use, will it be unsightly, can I siphon the detritus, on and on and on :P:P

Just go for what you think be best :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Then you'll be thinking of whether the pvc stand can hold all the rocks, how to make the structure, how much pvc to use, will it be unsightly, can I siphon the detritus, on and on and on :P:P

Just go for what you think be best :lol:

already bought some pvc from hai cheong.... i'll be making low and steady steady stand, so it should be ok. there r some rocks which r encrusted by acros which i'll like make an epoxy stand for it.... :P

Wah looks stable :D:D

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

adopting different systme and method has it pron and con - advantages and disadvantages. be it dbs, ssb, or bb, they require certain level of maintenance (high or low it doesn't matter becasue reefing is a hobby) :rolleyes:

if you are adopting bb sytem and u fully aware of it pron and con and most important, u know what you are doing, put your whole heart into it :)

age.png

• SRC Member

The thing is if detritus is trapped inside the pvc pipe, even you are super hardworking, how would you remove it?Take out the rack every week and try to flush it? :cry: Reefing should be a hobby to enjoy, not a slave to.I feel that cap up the pipes and gluing all the joints,less the holes being a better option.Its possible to secure the

my 1 cent

• SRC Member

Actually I'm also not very sure whether detritus will settle into the pipes thru the holes. The drilling of holes is to achieve "no dead" water in the pipes. Although I can fix up n glue the racks without drilling any holes, but it will float and makes scaping more difficult.

Any suggestion from other fellow reefers ? Or maybe those already have a BB tank would like to comment.

• SRC Member

if all the pipe are inter connected and able to pump water movement in them then i think the deal spot will be less, of course with the hole, the strength of the water movement might not be good.

saw a few guy in RC doing tat,

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

May be for a start, if you want to drill hole, try to drill on the underside instead of the top, so detritus will not settle into the hole so easily.

Even with small hole like this, I don't think there is enough movement through the hole to prevent "almost dead" water. May be you want to consider pumping water through it like iori_del suggested.

• SRC Member

Is the operation on?

I would like to visit u to view the process....as I'm thinking of removing my 8inch thick dsb.......(6ft tank..... :P )

can't help you throughout the operation as only got a small window timeframe in the afternoon.

my no 97391191... :)