Some Pics of My Humble Tank

Nitro

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Oh I think I'm abit mixed up over the clams... The two on the right are squamosa or maxima? The green one I know for sure is a squammy. Any clam expert can correct me pls?

Oh I think I'm abit mixed up over the clams... The two on the right are squamosa or maxima? The green one I know for sure is a squammy. Any clam expert can correct me pls?

I'm no expert but I think the one on the left looks like Squamosa (aka Squammy) the two on the right are Maxima. Your squammy still not opening? Not a good sign ;)

Only 2 tubes in ur sump? Pls confirm if Aquablue Spezial or Blue Plus.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Oh it's AquaBlue spezial and Actinic Plus ;)

The squammy is healthy one leh... Wasn't attached to any rocks and after placing it in my sump for less than a day, it's anchored to the rock liao. Somemore it open big big at the LFS on Thur when I bought it. It's closes up cuz my hand cast a shadow over it. Good money... bought it for less than $30.

• SRC Member

This one RIP last week, It was attached to the rock a day before and for no reason, next day it's inner core was lying on the sandbed and flesh was all dying. Dun think got any creatures that ate it cuz the two maximas are still doing fine as can be seen on photos.

post-34-1183180845.jpg

• SRC Member

hmmm got 1 Squamosa, 2 Maximas... going to look for 1 solid Crocea next. I've realised prices of clams are much reasonable nowadays compared to half or 1 yr back. In marine hobby I think the best thing to do is keep those corals and fishes that is not in trend yet while it's price are low.

• SRC Member

Anyone spotted the new additions? Size for the clams are 3x Maximas abt 2inches or less, 1x 3inche Squamosa and 1x 2inch Crocea. Hope they'll all survived and grow well in my sump. They're placed there to help reduce Nitrate... :heh:

post-34-1183616753.jpg

• SRC Member

wha chio chio clams leh! Love that squamosa! Where did u get it from? PM me leh bro nitro ;)

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

dont think they would reduce much nitrates..

a small percentage yes but not really an effective methods..

careful not to overstock on clams

i once remebered coming across someone who had a set up dedicated for clams and had 30 over maximas..

some spawned and affected the whole water column drastically..

in the end all his clams uped lorry

apart from that

beautiful specimen u have there

Yes bro Nitro.. also be cautious of the Calcium consumption :) Other than that... I thinka great choice of LS for your sump... it's beatiful looking from the top for sure :shock:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Thank you fellow reefing bros... point noted and I'll increased my liquid calcium. Yes I've already got what I wanted for the clams collection so I won't be getting anymore liaoz. Guessed they really can't be that effective in removing all the nitrate but it's juz to help abit only lar plus with the chaetos I've got in the sump and also I like to look at their colour from the top so that's why I put them there.

In the mean time... here's more close-up of the new add ons :D

post-34-1183642536.jpg

• SRC Member

U sure tat's the last piece to own in ur tank ?? :P Once u spotted another gem clam, u will sure to give urself another excuse to buy it :pinch:

Bro, u really got nice collection of nice nice clams :yeah:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Ya sure lah... after buying this last two... pocket not that deep anymore for the time being liaoz :lol: Anyway there is no end to getting beautiful clams rite? They'll keep popping up every now and then so how to continue to keep buying.

Haha here's the "Solid" crocea that I've been looking for. This last two piece is really the smallest and most ex in my collection... $100 for both!!! :ooh:

post-34-1183643506.jpg